Beginners and Beyond

Camels and Penguins Hump-Day Wednesday (Read 17 times)

hog4life

Jack, Robert is the really tall one. Traci is rather tall too. Me?, I am the short one at 5'8"

tracilynn

I'm only 5'6"

.... but maybe 5'10" with my big Hokas with additional insoles.

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good Morning Scott, Docket, sapf, and Brilliant.

Scotty, I'm still thinking if a Horns/Cyclone game in 2016.  How far from SA to Austin?

afu, 4 this afternoon.  Next week...Cancun !!!

72 miles from San Antonio to Austin, about an hour's drive or so, not too bad at all.  I go up there a few times a year to do some races. Nice to have the option of two cities to run in!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope your 5 went well, Brilliant!  Jury duty?   That can be a trial.       Good luck!  Austin is only an hour from San Antonio so if you visit family there, I'll just drive up to you, maybe we can do some running or a race up there.  Lots of good parks in Austin too, plus the Town Lake trail around the lake.

Happy 4, Jerry!  Cancun, nice!   Cancun is about a 2.5 hour flight from San Antonio.

35 is perfect?  Glad you think so, Mitch!  I'd be wearing a parka!   Yeah, I miss Cherie, hope she comes around again pretty soon.  Hope nothing has happened to her or her family.

Yes, Traci, you WILL do it.  Get out there and run!  Don't make me come down there, young lady!    Or maybe I should 'motivate' you by saying if you don't run, I am going to post the Bare Buns photo....

Spurs won last night, HsM.  Before the game they received their 2013-2014 season championship rings.   Sorry about your sick fish....is a bass hard to take care of? 

Enjoy the FE with PAD, Jack and tell him for me "Go Redskins!"     Enjoy your easy miles today.

Mitch, you and Traci do look taller in your photos.

Thanks for the update on Cherie, HsM and Jack.  If she is not running that much, sorry to hear that, but even a downed Penguin is still a Penguin, so she is still one of us, she should come back around.  Hopefully soon.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Robert31320

Team TJ

Of the 4 of us, Jimmy was the tall one.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Yoga and running accomplished.  On the way back the Pulaski (draw) bridge was up so I wound up running 3 on my way back instead of 2.4 since I had to wait for them to lower the bridge back down.  I think that during the marathon they just won't allow boats to pass under the draw bridge -- I can't imagine thousands of runners waiting 5 or 6 minutes for the bridge.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

tracilynn

4 miles on trails done. First trail run in months. I saw 2 snakes on this trail last time I ran it (prob in July?) it's cool today so I assume it was safe. Ha.

Hard to believe it was close to 90 last week and we have our first freeze warning!  Crazy weather!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Amazonian Princess

'Morning, Penguins,

A short run before work today; my half is on Sunday so the plan calls for really low effort kinda stuff this week. Fighting the urge to do more, which is REALLY weird for me!

Miss Tracilynn, what was up with that post last night? Were you trying to post using Siri after a dental appointment?

I can. I will. I am. 

Amazonian Princess

How early do I need to arrive for a 7am start in a hu-normous event?

It's the Two Cities Half, so they have 2 half marathons taking off from the same start area headed in seperate directions (one into Fresno, one into Clovis - those are the 2 Cities) and a marathon starting a half hour earlier that does the Fresno half and then the Clovis half. Website says close to 1400 people have registered for the Clovis half (the one I'm doing) and it looks like there will be A-B-C-D corrals and I expect to be in the last corral (which is groovy with me) so I'm not sure if that means I have more time (?)

I can. I will. I am. 

tracilynn

Oh !  Haha. I didn't know I posted that. I was about to post something about how bizarre DEXTER was ( the show).., but then one of my 4 yr olds knocked over a lamp up in their bedroom.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

LOL!!!

hog4life

Bacon, Personally, I like to get there real early. For 7:00 am start, I would shoot for 5:30, and if I made it a bit earlier, that's ok too. Good luck!

Singer who runs a smidge

I am fixing to have two companies compete for my $750k.  The one wasn't working hard enough and wanted more money, hence the entrance of the competitor.  Waiting to see if either of my sales reps blow a gasket ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good luck Bacon.  You'll PR for sure.  Can you run with a pace group?  Or maybe you can find another first timer in your corral.

5.5 easy miles for us.  48F and I wore gloves, 2 layers, warm beanie, long tights and high socks.  I did finally take off the gloves (at the POP) 

Amazonian Princess

Thank you h4l and Jerry; I figured an hour before the half starts but considering the crush of people expected to be there, 90 minutes sounds safer. Looks like parking is pretty far away from the actual start, and they're closing a lot of roads starting at 4am so just getting there could be interesting

I don't expect to find a pace group because when I compared my estimated finish time to last years results, I would have been about 4th from last. There's no shame bus to pick up the slowbies, so as long as I finish I'm happy!

And I guess since it's my first, it's an automatic PR, right?

I can. I will. I am.