Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday New Year's Eve Eve Pre-Party Penguins (Read 20 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Eve of New Year's Eve!

Half day working today, then off for the next 5 days.  Plan on 3 - 4 miles around noon-time or 1 pm or so, after I get off work.  Cold front moving in for us.  Will be in the 50s when I run - nice - but then around 3 pm. or so, the rain moves in, the cold moves in and the temp will start drop-drop-dropping!  Cold rain tonite, high on New Year's Eve of only in the low 40s, and on New Year's Day, our weather guy said it probably won't even make it out of the 30s, and the rain will continue through the day.   That will be a fun morning to do my New Year's Day 5K!  Luckily, the park where the 5K is being done is only about a mile from my house, so I won't have to drive on icy, wet roads to get there.

on my way to badass

Good Morning Scotty and Penguins! Scotty-not loving the weather going your way. Some miles for me today. The streak is still going. Last night we had dinner with friends. Giant salad, squash, chicken and venison. I almost feel healthy. Time to detox.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have weights tonight before heading to a comedy show.  No time to run unless the temps drop.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on the Streak SF.  3 more days.

Half a nice day Scotty.

Enjoy the comedy show, DR.

+1 streak miles for me after work.

Stay warm pengs...

PADRunner

Morning All!

The cold front is coming through here now. Did 4 on the TM this morning, group workout tonight.

Will probably be indoors for a few days.

tracilynn

Hey scotty, SF, damaris, and jerry with the new public log we can stalk. And pad who snuck in 

3.8M in a feels like of 24° the wind was worse than I thought it would be and I was chilly.  Ran positive splits. Ha. Musta been cold.

~~~~~~~

Traci

obiebyke

I didn't do my 3 yesterday, so I'll do it today. Even though it's -4 with a feels like of -15. 

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I didn't do my 3 yesterday, so I'll do it today. Even though it's -4 with a feels like of -15. 

See? Procrastination never works...

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good lord...even penguins go inside the igloo with that kind of weather!

tracilynn

Oh! Shizzle!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Picture, please.

It is cold here, too. It must be 50 with a wind chill of 49. Actually, it is going to be in the 30's for the next few days and if the conditions are right we may even get some snow. It's very rare, but is has happened.

8 mile tempo run is done in 1:03. That was nice running in short sleeves and shorts. People around here think I'm some kind of lunatic.

on my way to badass

Ouch!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Robert31320

Team TJ

LOL, I didn't run today but I did cause Mitch to sit in a ditch and freeze while he talked to me on the phone .  Love ya brother!

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

19^ and we got 4 more miles done.  Not much wind, so it was pretty comfortable. I must have bad circulation as my left toes get cold and the right ones not as much.

Let's see if I remember how to upload my miles.

Enjoy New NYE Eve.