Beginners and Beyond

Love is in my world since SATURDAILIES (Read 222 times)

runmomto3boys

Recovery run: 7.6 at 9:21 pace.

Jess runs for bacon

Kristin, that is ridiculous. The ortho I am seeing on Tuesday is a runner herself. Didn't have to get a referral either.

i made it a mile in sour group run then had to stop. Le sigh. Hip felt like it was coming out of its socket.

LRB

...i made it a mile in sour group run then had to stop. Le sigh. Hip felt like it was coming out of its socket.

What's the longest you've gone between runs since this recent injury?  It may be time to shut it down for a bit.  No one wants to hear that but...

Jess runs for bacon

A couple of days LRB. I'm pretty sure I am going to hear I will not be able to run for several weeks when I go to the ortho tomorrow.

Morning runners, happy Saturday! Good luck racers!

Just came from the doctor for my annual physical for work. Asked about the knee. He said it sounded like ITBS. He had nothing else to say other  than I should stop running. No one should run because it is terrible for the body, and I should just stop now. I told him I wabted to get back to running. He said if I was stupid enough to do that, and if I kept having issues then I should see an orthopedic doctor. I asked for a referral and he huffed out and slammed the door. I think he hates runners....

Wow what a DBag. Ask him next for a referral to a diff PCP.

1 mile before gym workout and 5 after all on the gym TM.  Weather channel said it was minus 11 when I turned it on at 5:30 this morning.  I'm not running in that temp - I have no desire to get frostbite on my nose.

Will be so glad when I get my annual bonus - it is going to a TM for my house for days like this.

Good luck racers.

You can call me Anna

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi everybody.  Back in from my run and race.  It was very low key, not even closed roads or any timing.  They just did it cross country style, handing you a tag with your finish number when you crossed the line.  Then all the running clubs had their points added up, and the lowest points won.  Our club ended up 3rd, by just a couple points (our store owner didn't run with us since he was organizing it, so we missed out on his speed).

As for the race, I came in 10th overall with a 31:03.  The course was quite tough, having 335 feet of elevation gain that came mostly between miles 1-2.5.  My pace splits looked like this (I think the course came up a touch short just because it wasn't closed, so we were on both sides of roads):

6:19

6:44

6:19

6:18

5:59 pace, but only 5:24.4 of time

I tried to stay pretty conservative early knowing that it'd be tough, then just gave it what I had after the most brutal hills were done.  I really didn't race anybody the whole race...I think I passed all of 3 people all race, and was passed by only one person who just happened to be the first woman.  The Columbus Running Company came up and raced and finished 1-5, plus 3 other spots in the top 10.  Those guys could cook!

Other than that, I ran 5 miles before the race at about 8:30 pace, and then 5 after closer to 9:00 pace.  Fun morning!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

RMT3b...nice job getting the recovery miles in...I'm sure your body appreciated the slower pace.

Lilac...Sorry it's been so tough.  At least you got out there and tried it.  Good luck with the doctor.

Rkymtnanna...Wowzers, that's cold!  We had the total opposite weather, way too hot for this time of year and absolutely gorgeous.  Great work with the 5.  Home TMs are definitely a nice treat.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  First part of Disney is done.  Had tons of fun with marymary running and taking pics with all the characters.  DH is taking me shopping and my legs are not appreciatice.  But at least I got a new bag out of it :-)

more miles tomorrow.  For that I'll need Pitbull Big grin

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

LRB...It's awesome to get out and not have to worry about footing and the snow.  MP miles are quality miles for sure, and it looks like you had some great ones.  It's tough to get them dialed right in, but close enough counts.

Kay...I hope you're better at the elliptical than I am - I get on and my feet automatically go backwards!

Code...Hope you enjoy the rest and the X-training.  I don't know about you, but I find it way harder to keep up with the XT than the running.

Gustav...I haven't a clue about your question!  I try to avoid the gym generally.  Bike training is good though, and I'm jealous of you treats!

BPlus...Great work on your run.  I always over-dress too.  It's really obnoxious, but I hate being cold.

Robert...Great job on the 6.3!  I have some Xmas decorations to get down today, so I hear ya on the yard work.

Step...Glad you're starting to get back to running again.  I missed 5 full days of it when I had the flu, so I know what you're going through.  Those miles will come back to you pretty easily I'm sure.

Docket...Great job you!  I'm glad you had fun, and even got some shopping in.  I hope we can see some pics.

Zelanie...I take it the TM is not at home?  I hope you're able to get the miles done outside - so much more fun that way.

Lily...So is the room looking much more adult these days?  That's a great workout you did today.  I feel like you and I could practically be training partners with the paces you're running, and I'm not sure I could keep up!

Kristin...I've seen a doctor like that before.  They're awful, aren't they?  I'd almost think of reporting something like that to the hospital's ombudsman.

Jneilt...Congrats on the PR!  I hear ya about climbing and humidity not being fun for a race.  Even though races stink, there's fun in that too though, right?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good to hear Damaris!!

Yeah my doctor is a real gem. I need to get a new PCP anyway.....I moved to a new neighborhood but kept my old doctor, but I should probably find one walking distance and not 9 train stops away. This solidified that decision.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

runmomto3boys

SIAR: What a race!  Look at those pretty, fast splits!  You are sooo talented, seriously!  You added another 10 onto that as well today?  It was a darn good day for you!  Congratulations, again!

Damaris: Congrats on the HM!!!

Kristin:   That is just awful.  You need to get in to see someone else.  What a terrible doc.

Lily: Excellent work on those intervals and at a great pace!  I know you typically say you have trouble holding pace on those, but no trouble today!  You are definitely teeing up for a big ole PR in Bermuda and Boston!  Yay!!!!

B-Plus: Excellent almost 15 miler there, at a nice, fast clip!  WOOT!

Robert: Fantastic job on the 6.3!!!  Well done!

LRB: You were close enough to MP on those intervals - well done!  Great run!

Jneilt: Congratulations on the PR!  Let us know when you know the specifics!!!

Ang: I hope your first double digit run post-MCM is a good one!!!

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

11 mile long run today.  Went out at about 9:00 AM and it was 60 degrees.  Not 6, not 16,  but 60.  Is this really winter??? Has gotten up to 70 degrees now today.  Unreal.

The run went well.  I think it was the first time that kind of distance seemed pretty effortless throughout the run.  Afterwards, went to my girlfriend's mom's house for nice brunch!  I wish I could end my long runs like that every weekend!

runmom - nice recovery run! You're a beast for that distance and pace to be a recovery!

lilac - I hope your hip recovers quickly!

rkymtnanna - that is COLD.  Good call not going out.  I think my face would fall off in that weather. 

So_Im_a_Runner - nice race!

Docket_Rocket  -  Great!  Good luck tomorrow.  Looking forward to reading the RR.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ps- so_im_a_runner you are craaaaazzzzzy fast!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

12.1 miles and struggled. 5 of the first 6 were on trails with 3 Berthas and I was really struggling with them so took the rest to the paved path. Bah.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**