Beginners and Beyond

Love is in my world since SATURDAILIES (Read 222 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

lol, what were our mothers thinking!!  I wonder if we'd have the same issue if they'd spelled it with an "e"...  ; )  At least we can commiserate with each other!  : )

Haha it was the 2 "i's" that did it for sure

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Chairman

Thanks, Scrape.  I keep trying to tell myself that it's just a bump in the road.  I guess what gets me down the most is that I keep wanting to plan for some races but I don't know when I'll be able to train.  And that instead of building up this winter, I've regressed.  Hopefully, though, I've got many years of running ahead of me, so I just need to look at this as the short term problem that it is.  And I need to find a treadmill!  lol  DH has more travel coming up, which puts a kink in my running life.  Also, if I have to cut a run short, I'd rather just step off a machine than walk a couple of miles home!

That's right. Bump in the road.

I'd love a treadmill myself (for other reasons), but unfortunately I have no place to put it. I hope you are able to procure a serviceable unit in short order, or craigslist or elsewhere.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

LRB

Hopefully gonna get a easy 6 in during halftime.

Okay, that's a new one lol!

Kristin w/#'s, ITB is a common injury with runners.  You two ladies are not cursed.  Wink

April, congrats!

Pink!  Missed ya!

Way to hang in there Tom!

Lilac, a couple of weeks will do the body and mind good.

Docket, you are a Bad Ass!

SIAR, nice splits!

Anna, brr!

Buchy, nice work!

Supp Lori!

Hi ma!  xoxo

Beth, you're gonna sleep like a fat cat!

RWC, don't know who that is but I'm sure that means it was fast!

Just B.S.

Lilac, Kristin and Kristin, sorry about the injury issues, it sucks.

Just B.S.

Beth, you're gonna sleep like a fat cat! 

Oh I'm going to sleep alright. But how about like a sleek svelte cat??

@runjerseygirl

Oh I'm going to sleep alright. But how about like a sleek svelte cat??

Rawr!  LOL!

Do you even run?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, January 12, 2013, I participated in the Resolve for A Better San Antonio 5K, put on by the Junior League of San Antonio. Below is the link to the photos and report that I did for this event.  Please feel free to share the photos and report.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A7c0633f1-b5bd-4220-b887-f38e52b19a21

For those that got 'unknown  error"  sorry about that!  I think I forgot to do the little 'linky connect' thing above.  I did that now and I just tried the link again after doing that and it seems to work now.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

runmomto3boys

Did 15 and it was just like Trebek's mother likes it

Big grin  Sorry that the run wasn't so great, though.

April: I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!

Kristin: I'm so sorry about the knee pain on the run.  That just stinks.

Beth: what an exhausting day b/t the swimming/walk and errands!  Get some well deserved rest!

I just registered to run the Route 66 marathon at the end of November.  I'll meet my girls Flippy and Imarunnah/Misty then - woot!  I'm also running Lakefront on 10/6, so those are my 2 Fall races.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ok, a few minutes to post some.

kristin, find a new doctor.

April, woot.  I cannot wait to see your progress and your race.

We just spent some time at the hot tub with some fellow Maniacs.  After they talked about their schedule, I turned to DH and said: see?  I am not as crazy as you think I am.  He said, when compared to normal people, yes.Angry

Have a nice night!

Damaris

@runjerseygirl

Ooh, I almost forgot.  I joined a fitness support group on FB.  We're using plank time as a way of gauging our progress.  So I did my initial test today, and somehow managed a 2.5 minute plank.  Shocked

Do you even run?

LRB

Ooh, I almost forgot.  I joined a fitness support group on FB.  We're using plank time as a way of gauging our progress.  So I did my initial test today, and somehow managed a 2.5 minute plank.  Shocked

On your elbow, or with your arm fully extended on your hand?

@runjerseygirl

On your elbow, or with your arm fully extended on your hand?

No elbows.  Go big or go home. Smile

Do you even run?

LRB

No elbows.  Go big or go home. Smile

That's impressive!  I did that during my last PT session for the first time and was shaking life a leaf on a tree!

@runjerseygirl

That's impressive!  I did that during my last PT session for the first time and was shaking life a leaf on a tree!

Do more Pilates. Wink

Do you even run?

I've always done them on my elbows.  I didn't know it was harder to do them on your hands!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau