Beginners and Beyond

RnR Philly (Read 298 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Florida flat or rest of the world flat? Joking

I might consider Philly.  Need DH's OK since I'm having too many registration accidents for next year.

It's along river so it's flat. Well flatter than most PA half marathons.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Florida flat or rest of the world flat? Joking

I might consider Philly.  Need DH's OK since I'm having too many registration accidents for next year.

RnR Philadelphia HM course elevation map

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

RnR Philadelphia HM course elevation map

Almost flat then, but not Florida flat. Joking

Very flat, though.  Hmmm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

That was Proofreader/Joanne. Her RR made me swear off RnR races. I just can't condone their behavior.

This. Smile

Docket_Rocket

It's along river so it's flat. Well flatter than most PA half marathons.

Wait, I thought there was a marathon too.  Is that another date?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wait, I thought there was a marathon too.  Is that another date?

No, RnR Philly is only a half. There is a Philadelphia Full and Half in November, different course, different organization.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

No, RnR Philly is only a half. There is a Philadelphia Full and Half in November, different course, different organization.

^This, but the marathon in November also offers a 8k and HM too I believe. Starts at same point as RnR I believe too by Art Museum. I am 80/20 that Philly will be my fall marathon too.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

^This, but the marathon in November also offers a 8k and HM too I believe. Starts at same point as RnR I believe too by Art Museum. I am 80/20 that Philly will be my fall marathon too.

Note that Philly marathon is not flat by FL standards. Even some locals object to calling it flat.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Note that Philly marathon is not flat by FL standards. Even some locals object to calling it flat.

RnR Philly, however, is flatter than any race I have done anywhere.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

RnR Philly, however, is flatter than any race I have done anywhere.

Flatter than RnR Virginia Beach?

Docket - come run my local HM here in Chambersburg if you want some "hills":

http://chambersburghalf.org/Course.aspx

Up Next:

???

Flatter than RnR Virginia Beach?

Docket - come run my local HM here in Chambersburg if you want some "hills":

http://chambersburghalf.org/Course.aspx

I have no idea what Virginia Beach looks like.

Dreamn

I will likely be running this since I live here. I don't care for Competitor, but I like the course for the most part and the weather has been perfect the last 2 years. I'm sure next year, we'll be in the midst of a heatwave come start time :P.
                          Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

No wonder I got confused.  Thought it was the marathon, doh!

Billy, I already have two somewhat hilly marathons in the horizon (assuming I get do both): Napa and SF. Black eye

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

George - thank you so much for the tip about the discount!  I signed up.  Smile  I run around the river all the time and love it so wny not?  I know RnR's have a bad rep but it was so cheap and it's so easy to get to....I'm excited! Smile