Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 34 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got up at 2, went to the gym. Then got in a 5.3 mile run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

I definitely agree. I have so many nice watches that now just sit collecting dust because I can't fathom taking my Garmin off. If I need to, I dress the Garmin up with nicer leather bands, so even looking too casual isn't really an excuse for taking it off.

Before I started wearing this all the time, I always had small watches with tiny faces (because I have a tiny wrist). It would look ridiculous on me, but the Garmin I have is available with a titanium band, and it would make a very nice dress watch. If you have a bigger wrist, anyway!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oh and to those who encouraged me to go for a PR this Saturday....

Image result for About that gif

The rain has begun..... today and will be continued all the way to Monday. If this HM was a road race, then yeah I'd aim for a PR but being that it is a trail race..... looks like I'll just be having fun and getting muddy...

Image result for shrugs gif

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh and to those who encouraged me to go for a PR this Saturday....

Image result for About that gif

The rain has begun..... today and will be continued all the way to Monday. If this HM was a road race, then yeah I'd aim for a PR but being that it is a trail race..... looks like I'll just be having fun and getting muddy...

Image result for shrugs gif

My  Saturday races are trail and there is a 90% chance of rain. Dirt, grass, etc., not a PR attempt either.  Thinking it will be muddy.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My  Saturday races are trail and there is a 90% chance of rain. Dirt, grass, etc., not a PR attempt either.  Thinking it will be muddy.

Muddy trail runs can be a blast as long as one isn't/wasn't banking on a PR that day lol, which I wasn't really. There's no possible way I could beat my current HM of 1:53:12, especially not on trails  and I can't honestly remember what my trail half PR is lol

PRs

LRB

I definitely agree. I have so many nice watches that now just sit collecting dust because I can't fathom taking my Garmin off. If I need to, I dress the Garmin up with nicer leather bands, so even looking too casual isn't really an excuse for taking it off.

I have a watch fetish like a mother effer. I still have my first dress watch from over 30 years ago. Of course since then I've accrued a really unique collection of fine timepieces. What the smartwatch has done is simply extend the life and look of those watches. Win, win.

LRB

Muddy trail runs can be a blast as long as one isn't/wasn't banking on a PR that day lol, which I wasn't really. There's no possible way I could beat my current HM of 1:53:12, especially not on trails  and I can't honestly remember what my trail half PR is lol

This is unacceptable. Please rectify it before toeing the line this weekend! 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Any kind of trail PR is pretty variable too. Since no two trail races are the same, the closest thing I bother paying attention to with trails is course PRs. I guess it's fun to know the fastest I've gone at the different ultra distances, but I definitely don't compare those times to folks that have their PRs on different courses.

Oh, and have fun on the mud Smile Those kind of conditions always seem to make all the little muscles ache like crazy afterward, but it sure is fun while you're out there!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

Question:  Do you guys know there's an alarm on your Garmin, and do you use it? I just found it the other day! I've started to use it instead of my phone to wake up in the morning, and I think it's kinda great. I haven't trusted it enough to not set a backup alarm yet, but I'm pretty sure I could tomorrow.

There is an alarm on my Garmin, and I have used it in the past. Here's my experience with it:

Since the Forerunner *30 series and the Fenix 3, the volume level of the alarms on Garmin watches is much weaker than before, therefore:

- If you wear the Garmin during your sleep and your arm is under thick layers of sheets, you probably won't hear the alarm

- If your arm is over the sheets, or if your watch sits on a desk besides you, you'll probably hear it, and it will wake you up if you're a light sleeper like me. If you're the kind of person that has a tendency to sleep through old fashioned alarm clocks, forget the Garmin

Cyberic

Before I started wearing this all the time, I always had small watches with tiny faces (because I have a tiny wrist). It would look ridiculous on me, but the Garmin I have is available with a titanium band, and it would make a very nice dress watch. If you have a bigger wrist, anyway!

I have the Titanium band on my F3HR, and it looks nice as a dress watch, if you like BIG watches (I do). That is the reason I bought a Fenix: I thought the Forerunners looked like plastic toy watches, and I wanted a nice Garmin watch I could wear all the time.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol... even if I do... I still ain't going to try and PR it damn it 

Any kind of trail PR is pretty variable too. Since no two trail races are the same, the closest thing I bother paying attention to with trails is course PRs. I guess it's fun to know the fastest I've gone at the different ultra distances, but I definitely don't compare those times to folks that have their PRs on different courses.

Oh, and have fun on the mud Smile Those kind of conditions always seem to make all the little muscles ache like crazy afterward, but it sure is fun while you're out there!

Well, my fastest trail PR would be on these particular trails so I just gotta look at the finish times of my best one in order to appease LBR, fun fun Lol

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

I have the Titanium band on my F3HR, and it looks nice as a dress watch, if you like BIG watches (I do). That is the reason I bought a Fenix: I thought the Forerunners looked like plastic toy watches, and I wanted a nice Garmin watch I could wear all the time.

Yeah, that's pretty similar to how the Descent looks... except it's darker. I love it, I just can't wear it. I guess it saved me a few hundred bucks.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

I have a history of almost missing races because of issues with alarm clocks, so when I really need to wake up, I'll set everything I can find to wake me up - watch, phone, and travel alarm, plus calls from the front desk at hotels. Between the four, I am safe, as long as I actually figure out the right time to set everything.

FS - I am so slow on trails, I wouldn't ever attempt a PR, unless it was a course PR. Given that you are only as fast as the people ahead of you if you're running single track, it is hard to get a good speed unless you're in front, which I would never be. Trail races are just for fun and the experience of it, for most non-elites.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have a history of almost missing races because of issues with alarm clocks, so when I really need to wake up, I'll set everything I can find to wake me up - watch, phone, and travel alarm, plus calls from the front desk at hotels. Between the four, I am safe, as long as I actually figure out the right time to set everything.

FS - I am so slow on trails, I wouldn't ever attempt a PR, unless it was a course PR. Given that you are only as fast as the people ahead of you if you're running single track, it is hard to get a good speed unless you're in front, which I would never be. Trail races are just for fun and the experience of it, for most non-elites.

Unfortunately I'm so damn competitive... But luckily this race starts in a field for about .1 miles before getting onto some double track for about.... .3 miles before reaching a levee which is extremely wide cutting through the woods before reaching the single track so I normally try to pass as many people as I can before the single track.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Okay, so I did some digging.... and even though I had signed up for a couple halves this year, one got cancelled due to weather and the other one had been relocated and I was dealing with some issues with one of my quads (if you guys remember way back in February-April).

So I found my last trail half was Run with the Yeti Half -Nov 25, 2017 - Time: 2:15:27

My Bad: So I am horrible at digging things up  I even had it opened in another tab...

My PR for a trail HM actually happened in February of 2017 - the Bound the Mound HM - Feb 25 - Time: 2:09:12

I actually finished 1st place in my AG.

PRs