Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 34 times)

onemile

Oh and to those who encouraged me to go for a PR this Saturday....

The rain has begun..... today and will be continued all the way to Monday. If this HM was a road race, then yeah I'd aim for a PR but being that it is a trail race..... looks like I'll just be having fun and getting muddy...

It looks like freezing rain and snow for my HM on Sunday.  There's one I could run on Saturday instead but it's essentially the same forecast. lol

DavePNW

I can’t remember the last time I used an alarm other than my phone. The Garmin is never anywhere near me when sleeping, unless I am in a hotel or something. And I can’t remember the last time I wore a watch at all, other than my Garmin while running.

Dave

sdWhiskers

8 miles with 5 mi 9:30 down to 9:00, then 3 x 1 min fast. Was in the zone.

I'm in warm and sunny Palm Springs so I googled some bike paths and ran there. Several miles of flat paved bike and pedestrian paths with just a few stoplights. Crazy thing was that the 2 paths ran next to each other but criss crossed every like 50 yards  Like some city planner thought this would look pretty but didn't think about collisions? WTF luckily I was the only one out there.

I only wear my Garmin for running and only use my phone as an alarm. I also keep my phone on silent/vibrate 24/7 to the point I have no idea what my ring tone is, lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It looks like freezing rain and snow for my HM on Sunday.  There's one I could run on Saturday instead but it's essentially the same forecast. lol

Lol this is the last HM for this year in my area, at least within a 30 minute drive that I know of 

The only downside to where I live is the lack of FMs, HMs, and trail races of either of those distances.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

'tis the season

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Hopefully you can get good footing.

onemile

Hopefully you can get good footing.

Maybe I can wear ice skates?

DavePNW

Do you have anything like YakTrax?

Dave

LRB

If it's that bad, I'm not sure I'd even show up.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.5 miles with 12 x 2 minutes hard, 1:30 recoveries. Did strength training when I got home. It was really warm for this time of year, I was overdressed in a light long sleeve and lighter tights.

I think I've used the alarm on my Garmin once or twice. If I have it set to vibrate, that winds up scaring me.

I'm with LRB, if there's ice, I ain't going anywhere.

LRB

Do you have anything like YakTrax?

She's got them cool tech screws, made specifically for runners.

bluerun

Super B****

If it's that bad, I'm not sure I'd even show up.

If it's that bad, wouldn't they cancel it?? (I never DNS a race if I am physically capable of running, but I would if the course was a skating rink. Except I wouldn't have to, because if it was a skating rink, it would be a liability and there would be no race.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

If it's that bad, wouldn't they cancel it?? (I never DNS a race if I am physically capable of running, but I would if the course was a skating rink. Except I wouldn't have to, because if it was a skating rink, it would be a liability and there would be no race.)

There are events (here at least) where you're running through slush, snow, icy patches and what not and not able to grip the surface and therefore race hard. At that point, you're racing the field for a race time on that particular day, not racing for a PR. My point was that if I was there to race hard and couldn't because of the conditions, I probably wouldn't go.

DavePNW

This was a fun race I did once. Only a 5k though. Anything longer would have been just stupid. Or should I say more stupid.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

You would think, but not always. There is a December race that prides itself on not canceling, they have no reason for holding a race in this. I think they did make some course changes, but this seems beyond irrepsonsible. The first repsonders that day had more than enough to keep them busy, they did not need people voluntarily coming out for a race.