Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 34 times)

Runshortii

I have never heard of a race in Wisconsin being canceled for ice or snow

+1. The F3 HM in Chicago in January didn’t cancel last year and I think that was when it was -10000

Runshortii

I slogged through 5. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow. Have a turkey 2 miler on Thursday

DavePNW

Have a turkey 2 miler on Thursday

Last two years I was in Eugene, OR for Thanksgiving. They do not have a dozen different Turkey Trots around there like I’m accustomed to, just mainly one big one. OK there’s another in nearby Springfield, but that’s not my point. My point is that the Eugene Turkey Trot gives you a choice between a 2-mile or a 4-mile. WTF is wrong with a good old 5k?? I don’t race odd distances because I have nothing to compare it to. I did once race something other than the four main distances - my first race was a 10 miler in 2011. So my 10 mile PR is 1:27. I think it’s probably soft.

Dave

LRB

I'd probably skip the race if I hadn't convinced URP to sign up as well 

but the alternative is probably a 20 mile LR anyway so this will switch things up

I can wear screw shoes if I have to but I wanted to wear the next% and I am not putting screws in those!

It makes sense for you to run it, just keep your fingers crossed.

Hells no. I wouldn't even wear them in the rain let alone in snow and salt!

LRB

I slogged through 5. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow. Have a turkey 2 miler on Thursday

Ooh, faster than a 5k but slower than a mile. Do it right and you won't feel it until the 1.5 mark. 👍

LRB

Last two years I was in Eugene, OR for Thanksgiving. They do not have a dozen different Turkey Trots around there like I’m accustomed to, just mainly one big one. OK there’s another in nearby Springfield, but that’s not my point. My point is that the Eugene Turkey Trot gives you a choice between a 2-mile or a 4-mile. WTF is wrong with a good old 5k?? I don’t race odd distances because I have nothing to compare it to. I did once race something other than the four main distances - my first race was a 10 miler in 2011. So my 10 mile PR is 1:27. I think it’s probably soft.

I've don't have one in my file, never had any interest in it. Wouldn't mind a 2 miler though, go figure.

Baboon

delicate flower

Tempo run done.  4 x 4:00 Jonathan Griffins

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

One of my first races was a 4 miler (supported a program at work). The 2012 one still is my fastest race by pace. Yes, faster than my 5k PR. I can't explain it.

Runshortii

Every year I say I’m going to do a 5K on Thanksgiving, but it’s the local run put on by the running club and I always see a lot of people I know. Last year I did the 10K. I’ve actually never done the 2 mile I’ve always done the 10K, but I’m in no shape for a fast 10K and I hate 10Ks anyway

DavePNW

For Cyberic: Montreal bagel war!

Dave

Cyberic

For Cyberic: Montreal bagel war!

Yeah, well if I lived close by, I might be annoyed too. When they were just small neighborhood shops, it wasn't so bad. Now they have customers like Costco, and their ovens are always on.

Maybe they could open an bagel factory in an industrial sector of town, and keep the local shops running for their shop customers and surrounding cafes.

But thankfully I'm a little over a mile away from the closest of the two.

LRB

Tempo run done.  4 x 4:00 Jonathan Griffins

Were your legs just along for the ride in those shoes?

Cyberic

What are Jonathan Griffins? Who is Jonathan Griffins? Why Jonathan Griffins?

Baboon

delicate flower

Were your legs just along for the ride in those shoes?

Yeah basically.

What are Jonathan Griffins? Who is Jonathan Griffins? Why Jonathan Griffins?

That's what I am naming my workout.

<3

LRB

Yeah basically.

Damn, I wish I could wear them. I would try to go sub-5:00 in the mile. Screw all that other crap!

Well, if I had a wish it wouldn't be that, but you know what I mean..