Beginners and Beyond

What's with non-runner's hate for leggings/yoga pants? (Read 100 times)

happylily

No one here was laughing at them, I think. It's just that I know a lot of people around me who do. I don't like it. I also think they should wear whatever the heck they want. Otherwise, if we start deciding who can wear what, next thing I know is someone will tell me I'm too old for mini-skirts. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No one here was laughing at them, I think. It's just that I know a lot of people around me who do. I don't like it. I also think they should wear whatever the heck they want. Otherwise, if we start deciding who can wear what, next thing I know is someone will tell me I'm too old for mini-skirts. 

I agree, but FFS don't wear pajamas to my office, red ones at that.  I think I still have the picture of my coworker doing that.

Damaris

happylily

I agree, but FFS don't wear pajamas to my office, red ones at that.  I think I still have the picture of my coworker doing that.

Damaris, I completely agree with wearing appropriate work clothes. And I'm very traditional when it comes to wearing "nice" clothes when one goes out to an official function, or evening.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, I completely agree with wearing appropriate work clothes. And I'm very traditional when it comes to wearing "nice" clothes when one goes out to an official function, or evening.

I didn't mean you, just general you.  You are always well dressed.  but seriously, some people go to court on their way to the club or something.  men included.

Damaris

happylily

I didn't mean you, just general you.  You are always well dressed.  but seriously, some people go to court on their way to the club or something.  men included.

I didn't think you were talking about me.  I know you have some weird dressers at work. Pyjamas outside of the house are STUPID. There. I admit it. 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

And folks wearing stretch clothes that are small enough to have been stretched to capacity, somewhat translucent with parts squeezed out like a sausage are wearing something that's they shouldn't.

Now notice I didn't state fat as it could just be clothes that are too small for their body size.

The same as bras being too small with boobs gushing out like microwaved marshmallows or men who sport moose knuckles.

I didn't think you were talking about me.  I know you have some weird dressers at work. Pyjamas outside of the house are STUPID. There. I admit it. 

Coincidentally this photo was posted in another forum discussion today about pants as a response to refute a claim that stated "cargo pants > yoga pants".

bluerun

Super B****

And folks wearing stretch clothes that are small enough to have been stretched to capacity, somewhat translucent with parts squeezed out like a sausage are wearing something that's they shouldn't.

Now notice I didn't state fat as it could just be clothes that are too small for their body size.

The same as bras being too small with boobs gushing out like microwaved marshmallows or men who sport moose knuckles.

Thank you.  People of all sizes can wear what they want (age appropriateness aside), but it should be THEIR SIZE.  Squeezing yourself into a size X and not having the seams spontaneously explode doesn't mean that you actually ARE a size X.

Besides… isn't it uncomfortable to wear something three sizes too small??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

happylily

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thank you.  People of all sizes can wear what they want (age appropriateness aside), but it should be THEIR SIZE.  Squeezing yourself into a size X and not having the seams spontaneously explode doesn't mean that you actually ARE a size X.

Besides… isn't it uncomfortable to wear something three sizes too small??

I am sure she was uncomfortable here:

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's funny because I am sure she would have looked much better with something more her size.

And I'm not criticizing her for being overweight or whatever.  Just for having no sense of fashion (or propriety).

Damaris

happylily

And this is when I hate the internet... If you go looking for things, you find yourself at the circus, watching the freak show.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And this is when I hate the internet... If you go looking for things, you find yourself at the circus, watching the freak show pictures of people at Walmart.

FYP.

Although, in reality, I have seen people like that coming to their meeting of creditors.

Damaris

happylily

FYP.

Although, in reality, I have seen people like that coming to their meeting of creditors.

LOL...

bluerun

Super B****

If you walk around everywhere with your nose buried in a book, you don't have to see such things.  Not that I do that...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog