Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #20 (Read 32 times)

RunningOnSand

Wow, HC, that track looks terrible. Glad you didn't trip over that shiz. Nice job on the Monas, too. Someday I may get around to trying them...

Onemile, LOL. People who don't run, really don't understand at all paces. I probably didn't either, before I started running.

I'm with Docket in terms of 77-78* being way too hot for house summer temps. Hubby would keep it at 68* if I let him.  We compromise at about 72*. But we do keep it colder at night, bc none of us can sleep when it's too hot out (and when it's so humid that your sheets are damp from just the humidity!)

I did not finish cup #2 of coffee, in case anyone was wondering.

I also have not run yet. 

onemile

Effect of dry air in the plane vs humid air in TX? Or nasty germs from being crammed in a tin can with 150+ people.

I'm not sure. I was thinking maybe it was from the water I choked on at one of the aid stations or the gel that was coming up in my throat when I burped. 

DavePNW

Onemile, LOL. People who don't run, really don't understand at all paces. I probably didn't either, before I started running.

What was that animation someone linked to once, with the runner trying to talk about marathons with the non-runner. The non-runner says something like “Wow, 26 miles? That would probably take me at least 2 hours.”

Dave

DavePNW

What the hell is your problem.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Haha. Moms! She was like run faster next time!

I don't think my mom even knows that I've run a marathon. She just knows that when I visit, I run most mornings.

LRB

I hear you about difficult runs. I actually had it easier than you as underneath the snow it was pretty flat, and not frozen ruts.

IceSpikes are still a pretty affordable solution when you compare to shoes with built-in spikes underneath. Plus, there are very few of those shoes, and if you have specific requirements with your shoes (wide forefoot for me, support for you), chances are none of those models will work for you.

https://www.inov-8.com/us/arctic-talon

https://icebug.com/running-shoes

Wow, I didn't even know those were a thing. They look super cool but go ahead and apply for a loan for the icebugs!

LRB

I also have not run yet. 

From a running dude on Insta:

"No school today so I’ve got all the time I need. It’s 29° and the “negotiation” had begun. I was procrastinating, IG...FB...Gmail... IG...game on my phone...IG...FB...IG...You know the game"

If there were a way to surf and run, you'd be all set. lol

RunningOnSand

What was that animation someone linked to once, with the runner trying to talk about marathons with the non-runner. The non-runner says something like “Wow, 26 miles? That would probably take me at least 2 hours.”

LOL!

What the hell is your problem.

Right?! I was wondering the same.

RunningOnSand

From a running dude on Insta:

"No school today so I’ve got all the time I need. It’s 29° and the “negotiation” had begun. I was procrastinating, IG...FB...Gmail... IG...game on my phone...IG...FB...IG...You know the game"

If there were a way to surf and run, you'd be all set. lol

So true!! I just need to get off my ass and do it.

LRB

I ran 7 at the park.

In every winter since I began running (2012), a winter storm like the one we had Saturday banishes me to the treadmill for my weekday runs until the snow melts. This year however, I'm gonna try to run through it. We'll see how it goes...

Cyberic

HCK, I'd still use that track for Monas, like you did. Measuring distance is not all that important in Monas, so you just run in whatever track lane that is in better shape. At least you don't have to worry about getting hit by a car, stopping for a traffic light or nothing. Just concentrate on the workout and where you set foot.

As for stop rests, the only time I've done those is the few times I went to coached track workouts. People just stop and chat between intervals. I did that for a while, then quit. Now, when I do attend a club track workout (once a year or so) I'm the idiot who does laps between reps.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Ran 8.7 this morning.  Was a lovely 12 degrees but fortunately not a lot of wind.  Plenty of ice on the roads but just enough snow near the sides to make traction decent even without the grippers/spikes. Rest of day has been/will be mid-term support for DD!

Have to keep reminding myself it's Monday so I remember it's a day off work!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have some kind of weird post marathon cough/congestion going on

Damn don’t get sick! Maybe the wind? It normally congests me for a few days after.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow, HC, that track looks terrible. Glad you didn't trip over that shiz. Nice job on the Monas, too. Someday I may get around to trying them...

I'm with Docket in terms of 77-78* being way too hot for house summer temps. Hubby would keep it at 68* if I let him.  We compromise at about 72*. But we do keep it colder at night, bc none of us can sleep when it's too hot out (and when it's so humid that your sheets are damp from just the humidity!)

I also have not run yet. 

Oh yeah humidity. I didn’t even realize how bad things are even inside the house with AC until my vegetables here have an extended shelf life than in Miami. Everything there rotted faster!!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic,  the entire track is in poor shape. The outside lanes had the holes, the inner lanes are where the surface bubbled up.