Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Old dogs New tricks (Read 35 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

looks like I am not running London next spring 

You and 360,000 other disappointed runners.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
          06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

Sad! I didn't realize you applied. How does that work anyway - lottery? Qualifying time as well? Pretty tough to get in I know.

Foreigners cannot use a qualifying time unfortunately

DavePNW

Do you have plans to try to run Berlin or Tokyo?

Dave

onemile

Do you have plans to try to run Berlin or Tokyo?

I entered the Berlin lottery but I think that is another hard one to get into.

sdWhiskers

I entered the Berlin lottery but I think that is another hard one to get into.

My coach didn't get in last year but signed up through a tour company to still get a bib. I don't think it was crazy money.

DavePNW

You and 360,000 other disappointed runners.

More than that I guess! Onemile can confirm her rejection letter indicated that 457,861 applied. Assuming it was the same letter posted by someone in one of my FB groups.

Dave

DavePNW

PS, I brought enough food to feed the entire class. lol #thingsthatrunnersdo

Speaking of this, I am hungry AF this morning.

Dave

Runshortii

As much as I hate work, I often end up hating training classes even more, if that's possible.

This. I hate sitting in a stuffy classroom all day.

i know quite a few people who didn’t get into London. That sucks docket and onemile

LRB

Speaking of this, I am hungry AF this morning.

It's hard enough as it is being a tree hugger so I tend to travel with food more than the average person. Today I went a bit overboard but better to have and not need than to not have and need!

LRB

Is there some kind of three tries and you're in rule like there is with some other events? Asking for a friend...

LRB

This. I hate sitting in a stuffy classroom all day.

I'm required to have continuing Ed for work 8 times per year (3 hours each) and those classes can bite it. This one, this one isn't bad at all...as far as seminars go that is.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey.

Still here, 14 hours later.  At least another 90 minutes to go.

17 hour shift yesterday, processing our first payroll in WORKDAY.  I am absolutely astonished at how well things are going today.  All of our many interfaces to various systems and vendors ran correctly the first time and are 100% in balance, and we had no problem getting our reports published and distributed.  I really expected to walk into work this morning and have a disaster to deal with, but I have gotten nothing but good news.  It's like I am just waiting for the hammer to drop.  I suppose that will come tomorrow when employees get paid.  Or don't get paid.

Easy run later.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is there some kind of three tries and you're in rule like there is with some other events? Asking for a friend...

I'm at 8 rejections so chances are, no.

Damaris

DavePNW

I'm at 8 rejections so chances are, no.

LOL! How big is the lump on your head from beating it against the wall?

MTA - I guess this year the odds were about 1 in 11.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

checking in....been crazy at work lately...we have a new university president and he is really working to move the university ahead in its growth, and so forth, really keeps all we staff very busy..which is probably a good thing, makes the  work day go by faster, but we have so much to do now sometimes it's hard to keep up...but I guess that makes for job security, lol.

Still running and feeling pretty good.  Used to run 5 days a week, but until I get used to my pacemaker I decided to take it easy a bit this month - my first full month back to running after the surgery - and go to 4 days a week and build my stamina back up slowly and surely.   Really nice run yesterday morning at Fort Sam Houston, felt pretty good.

Still awfully slow, though, can't seem to crack that 12-minute mile thing.  I was never fast anyway after my arthritis flared up - about a 10:25 mile was about as fast as I got - and I'd like to at least get back to that.  However I know it's still post-surgery 'early days' so I just have to give it some time and work on getting back to where I was.  All good.

Sorry you did not get into London, wcrunner2.

Dang, baboon, 17 hours...and I thought my work day was long...

Nice, LRB, getting paid to do nonwork stuff.

I can relate to the cat thing, Damaris.  We had foundation repair and we had to move EVERYTHING out of the house.  Had to put the poor cats into the kennel, but then found an AirnB guy that would let us keep the cats with us, so that was nice, so they were only there a week in the kennel.  Especially good for our cat, Bubba, cuz we had just got him back.  We had given him to a lady who we thought would give him a good him.  Then in about 3 months after that, some guy called and said he had Bubba, had found him on the street wandering around, hungry and thin.  He kindly took him in, then took him to his vet and when the vet scanned Bubba, he found our chip with our info. Stupid lady we gave him to never even called us to say he was gone, or what happened.  We took him back in and it was apparent he had been abused...he was very nervous and would not let us touch his head, etc.  So glad we could get him out of the kennel pretty quick.  Now he has been with us quite a while, and I think he now feels secure he's found his 'forever' home since he is now more relaxed, lets us pet him, sits on our laps, and so forth.

Glad your hammies are feeling better Wolvmar.

Daffy, what's a Scooby Doo roller coaster?  I'm guessing a very up-and-down hilly course?  Nice run

Right now, Dave, 39 degrees sounds nice right about now.  We are still in the 90s in San Antonio and it's already flippin' October.  Supposed to have a 'cool front' this weekend - all the way down to the 50's, lol - but that won't last.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt