Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES; TGI...What? (Read 52 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Supp!

Insert the day of the week it seems like to you, for me that would be Sunday.  Maybe I should run long, ha!

See you on the other side...

YAYpril - B-Plus

Pretty much.

I'm running long today. Heading out for 17 soon with some friends. One is doing 13, the other wants 13-16 but I think he'll finish the 17 with me.

But first... more coffee.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ugh, up and trying to get out the door. This is when you know you're a runner - day after a holiday and exactly two hours to squeeze a run in since you're busy all day, so you're up before everyone else to go do it, even though that bed was so cozy and comfy. Heading out for 10ish...have a great day everyone.

Run well!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Robert31320

Team TJ

Morning folks.

The bed was feeling mighty good this morning but I got up and ran around the island.  3.2 miles done.  Now to see what the day brings us since I'm off work.

Running for TJ because he can't.

BruceD555

Mornin' folks. I got up early and headed into the office to catch up on work before things get crazy. I plan to get in 5-8 recovery miles at some point today, though I'm not exactly sure when.

LRB - Feels like a Monday to me ... I'm all messed up. Enjoy yourself today - whatever you have planned.

AprilRunner- I hope you have an awesome caffeinated 17 miles today with the RPs!

So_Im_a_Runner- Yep, you're mental. Enjoy those 10 miles ... as well as whatever the rest of the day has in store for you.

Robert31320- Nice job running this morning ... wow, around the whole island did you see the Professor or Mary Ann on the other side?

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

6 easy done, in a light but steady rain.  I wore them split shorts I got back in the winter on clearance for the first time.  Though I had on sports briefs underneath, Mike would be proud!

Off to work!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Robert31320- Nice job running this morning ... wow, around the whole island did you see the Professor or Mary Ann on the other side?

Nope.  But had I seen Gilligan in his pedal car I may have accepted a ride.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD for me today.

At the office.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

At the office.

Me too!  HOORAY WORK!

I did get in a 10 mile treadmill speed workout early this morning.  7:46 avg pace. 1/2 mile easy, 1/2 mile hard, repeat 10 times.  I started the speed intervals at 6:55 pace (5K pace) and gradually increased to 6:15 pace.  I felt like a freakin rocket.  I guess that's what happens when you remove the heat and humidity.  I didn't push too hard because I have PT this afternoon and need to leave some juice in the legs.  Very happy with that run.  Starbucks venti Americano for recovery.

<3

DavePNW

Starbucks venti Americano for recovery.

Ah, coffee, the original recovery drink. You know how they have the 3 different Gatorades now for before, during & after the workout; they should just fill all 3 of them with coffee. Although now I'm remembering the study demonstrating beer as the ideal recovery drink. Hmm, might need to do some experimenting.

Not sure what day it feels like. But decided to play it safe & take off work, so let's call it a weekend. Plan on going to yoga in a bit.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mmmmm, coffee.  I forgot to go to Starbucks today.  Be right back!

Damaris

MrNamtor

-coffee yes. Elixir of the gods for sure.

Speaking of recoveries,  good on ya baboon.  You're pretty speedy for a guy with a bum knee.

On my way to DC this morning. Plan on doing a 10 mile easy run on the hotel tm this evening.

RSX

Good morning all. I did 6 miles on a tm as fast as I could, but wanted to slack. Now at work for a slow day before a Vancouver vacation in the am

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There are so many trails around there, why not run outside?  The mall is nice to run to and from.  How far are you from it?

-coffee yes. Elixir of the gods for sure.

Speaking of recoveries,  good on ya baboon.  You're pretty speedy for a guy with a bum knee.

On my way to DC this morning. Plan on doing a 10 mile easy run on the hotel tm this evening.

Damaris