Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES; TGI...What? (Read 52 times)

Dr. Cornsitter

Ugh, up and trying to get out the door. This is when you know you're a runner - day after a holiday and exactly two hours to squeeze a run in since you're busy all day, so you're up before everyone else to go do it, even though that bed was so cozy and comfy. Heading out for 10ish...have a great day everyone.

Run well!

I skipped the fireworks and drank water for my last four or five beverages last night knowing I had to get up this morning for my six miler before work (yes I have to work today, thumbs down). I figured right when I was tucking the kiddos in (took the baby niece home to put her to bed) that this must be what it feels like to be a runner.

Did 6 easy this morning. The humidity was horrendous and I was ready to bonk out at four miles, but I HAD to get back to my sisters house to let my BIL go to work before 6:50, so instead of bonking, I sped up to get it over with.

Everyone enjoy running and workouts today! Hope y'all had a fabulous 4th!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Dr. Cornsitter

Ah, coffee, the original recovery drink. You know how they have the 3 different Gatorades now for before, during & after the workout; they should just fill all 3 of them with coffee. Although now I'm remembering the study demonstrating beer as the ideal recovery drink. Hmm, might need to do some experimenting.

Not sure what day it feels like. But decided to play it safe & take off work, so let's call it a weekend. Plan on going to yoga in a bit.

Have a great day everyone.

+1

B-Plus

You people have to work today? Haha suckas! I guess I'm a sucker as well, so I won't be able to run my 8 until after work.

Good morning all. I did 6 miles on a tm as fast as I could, but wanted to slack. Now at work for a slow day before a Vancouver vacation in the am

That sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Hip Redux

Guten morgen!

I am starting to bug out a little about my 5k tomorrow.  Supposed to be in the 90s with DPs in the 70s.  This is the race that I ALWAYS tank on - all of my season PWs are from this race, usually because it's so oppressively hot.   So I don't like going in knowing that I will likely have a shitty race.  LOL

We are pet-sitting this week and all the dogs were up and whining for most of the night.   One was whining because he wanted to be in one room, the other was whining because she wanted to be in the other room and the third was whining because he wanted to be sure we knew breakfast was only in 4 hours and OMG get up and make me breakfast already.   Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Dr. Cornsitter

Guten morgen!

I am starting to bug out a little about my 5k tomorrow.  Supposed to be in the 90s with DPs in the 70s.  This is the race that I ALWAYS tank on - all of my season PWs are from this race, usually because it's so oppressively hot.   So I don't like going in knowing that I will likely have a shitty race.  LOL

We are pet-sitting this week and all the dogs were up and whining for most of the night.   One was whining because he wanted to be in one room, the other was whining because she wanted to be in the other room and the third was whining because he wanted to be sure we knew breakfast was only in 4 hours and OMG get up and make me breakfast already.   Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh lordy! With all the darn thunderstorms we've had recently, you'd think we'd get some respite from the humidity. I would love to run someday soon in 70 degree weather with low humidity. But I am not complaining (I swear). I do not want winter back AT ALL.

Good luck on your race. I'll send some positive vibes that hopefully will kick your ass into high gear!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.  Poor doggies!

I mean, poor you....

Guten morgen!

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1 for me.

Marjorie

YAYpril - B-Plus

Well, that was one of the worst runs I've ever had. I ended up only getting 9.6 done. The heat and humidity were climbing, and the sun was awful. After 2 weeks of running in this shit I just had nothing else to give.

I might go to the gym later to try to finish my miles on the treadmill. I haven't decided yet.

LRB

I am starting to bug out a little about my 5k tomorrow.  Supposed to be in the 90s with DPs in the 70s.  This is the race that I ALWAYS tank on - all of my season PWs are from this race, usually because it's so oppressively hot.  

My best advice; work your way up to mile 1.55, then work your way down to mile 3.1.  And while it's important to hydrate pre-race, take care not to over do it...but you know that already.

Baboon

delicate flower

I'll be volunteering as a course monitor, with new camera in hand.  If you're going to crash, make it spectacular so I get some good pics.

<3

BruceD555

I'll be volunteering as a course monitor, with new camera in hand.  If you're going to crash, make it spectacular so I get some good pics.

This^^

Seriously, be safe out there and try not to overheat ... wilt ... burn-up ... or puke.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Jess runs for bacon

Happy fifth!

I met up with some people this morning for a hilly 6. They are faster than me but I thought we were running ona path. We weren't, it was roads I don't know. I made it a mile, then saw how far ahead they were and I turned around. I really really hate being slow. So I got cranky and went to my local hilly park and did two hot disgusting sweaty loops for another two miles. Now I am at my mom's, wanted to go for a swim but she neglected to tell me someone is working at the pool.

yeah, I am really cranky today.

BruceD555

Well, that was one of the worst runs I've ever had. I ended up only getting 9.6 done. The heat and humidity were climbing, and the sun was awful. After 2 weeks of running in this shit I just had nothing else to give.

I might go to the gym later to try to finish my miles on the treadmill. I haven't decided yet.

Sorry to hear you had a rough one out there today. It is really humbling what the heat can do to an otherwise good day. I too really need to learn to adjust pace for those conditions, but I'm just a hard-headed guy who can't seem to back down sometimes.

Train smart ... race smarter.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Happy fifth!

I met up with some people this morning for a hilly 6. They are faster than me but I thought we were running ona path. We weren't, it was roads I don't know. I made it a mile, then saw how far ahead they were and I turned around. I really really hate being slow. So I got cranky and went to my local hilly park and did two hot disgusting sweaty loops for another two miles. Now I am at my mom's, wanted to go for a swim but she neglected to tell me someone is working at the pool.

yeah, I am really cranky today.

I think we need some retail therapy at Athleta. Like, now.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Or lululemon....

Damaris