Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES; TGI...What? (Read 52 times)

Jess runs for bacon

I think we need some retail therapy at Athleta. Like, now.

Sad I am broke. I want to go so bad though!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Or lululemon....

Athleta is 10 minutes away. Lulu, sadly, is an hour.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Sad I am broke. I want to go so bad though!

So let's go window shopping!

Dr. Cornsitter

Or lululemon....

Just make sure to have a trusted friend check out your ass for transparency.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bahahaha.

Just make sure to have a trusted friend check out your ass for transparency.

Damaris

LRB

If you're going to crash, make it spectacular so I get some good pics.

lmao!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On July 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM, I participated in the Firecracker 5K in San Marcos, Texas. Race #1 of my July 4th holiday.  Link to report and photos:  http://community.runnersworld.com/topic/july-4th-holiday-race-1-firecracker-5k

Followed that up on July 4 at 7:30 a.m. with my 2nd race for the July 4th holiday, the San Antonio RoadRunners Freedom Run.  Link to report and photos: http://community.runnersworld.com/topic/july-4th-holiday-race-2-sarr-freedom-4-miler

The reports are also on the first page (for now) or the forum here too.

Next race is on Saturday, July 6th.

I have the day off today and am being totally lazy after my races on Tues night and Wed morning. I do have to go to packet pickup today for my Saturday 5K, but nothing planned after that.  I already mowed my lawn on Wednesday morning, so my chore stuff is already done.  So I am going to have a laid-back weekend, sweeet.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Feels like Monday cuz I was off yesterday and ran a race so it felt like the weekend, and now I'm working. Boo.

SRD for me.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Morning!  I might or might not run 3-6 later today. Smile  Shopping first, though!

Ric-G

what day is it??? thought it was saturday but  then figured it was friday and have to work...oh well. saw a wild game last nite sitting behind the net at home depot center and two penalty kicks late to win it. crowd chanting all kinds of sh*t. close up fireworks too. got up this AM and did a whole 3 miles. a guy stopped me and said what are you doing running with the smoke still hanging in the air...ha ha. nice job to all you out there running this morning...at least the boss is buying lunch here today for us schlubs at work. have a good one all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Hip Redux

I'll be volunteering as a course monitor, with new camera in hand.  If you're going to crash, make it spectacular so I get some good pics.

LOL  Alrighty, then.

BTW - This year I said I wouldn't sign up for this race until I saw what the weather was going to be.   And what did I do?  I signed up early anyway.  Peer pressure, man, peer pressure.

Jess runs for bacon

So let's go window shopping!

This won't end well, lol!

Hip Redux

Well, that was one of the worst runs I've ever had. I ended up only getting 9.6 done. The heat and humidity were climbing, and the sun was awful. After 2 weeks of running in this shit I just had nothing else to give.

I might go to the gym later to try to finish my miles on the treadmill. I haven't decided yet.

It's really brutal out there.   I'm impressed you got almost 10 done!   Retail therapy sounds perfect. Smile

I met up with some people this morning for a hilly 6. They are faster than me but I thought we were running ona path. We weren't, it was roads I don't know. I made it a mile, then saw how far ahead they were and I turned around. I really really hate being slow. So I got cranky and went to my local hilly park and did two hot disgusting sweaty loops for another two miles. Now I am at my mom's, wanted to go for a swim but she neglected to tell me someone is working at the pool.

There's a thing in the cycling world called "no drop" rides - where people are supposed to wait up for the slower riders before the group makes a turn or leaves folks too far behind.  I've been dropped so often on these rides, I stopped going.  It's just not fun to be with a group, yet still riding alone and getting lost to boot.   So, I get it, and it sucks.

Baboon

delicate flower

LOL  Alrighty, then.

BTW - This year I said I wouldn't sign up for this race until I saw what the weather was going to be.   And what did I do?  I signed up early anyway.  Peer pressure, man, peer pressure.

I am going to be a big fat liar tomorrow when I am telling runners "Looking good!  Almost there!" when in reality people are going to look like miserable wrecks.  Then again, the heat index will only be 100 so maybe it won't be that bad.

<3

Hip Redux

I am going to be a big fat liar tomorrow when I am telling runners "Looking good!  Almost there!" when in reality people are going to look like miserable wrecks.  Then again, the heat index will only be 100 so maybe it won't be that bad.

"Don't puke!" <-----  feel free to yell this as I pass.