Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #139 (Read 28 times)

KCRuns

Have a great first day, Dave!

I did a slow 2.5 during lunch.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Have a great day, Dave! Bring goodies and say hi to your new...nevermind. Smile

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Finally filed that thing which I needed OK to file. And apparently, as such is my luck, every other office is anxiously awaiting the results of it because I'm the first one to have this issue. And I thought I left all this issue of first impression behind in Miami. Oh, well.

Now I can relax for the 29 minutes I have left of my work day.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm having my margarita now... I still plan to run around 7 (PM)... but I need this margarita NOW.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

35 minute wallk plus strength training.

DavePNW, hope you had a smooth first day at the new job.

sdWhiskers

Got a steroid shot in my shoulder this morning. Dr said if I wasn't young and healthy, they wouldn't do it now as it suppresses the immune system  Hope I made the right choice. It's meant to be localized obviously but there is some peripheral exposure. The visit to the doctor was a bit surreal, still hard to believe this is our new normal.

LRB

Got a steroid shot in my shoulder this morning. Dr said if I wasn't young and healthy, they wouldn't do it now as it suppresses the immune system  Hope I made the right choice. It's meant to be localized obviously but there is some peripheral exposure. The visit to the doctor was a bit surreal, still hard to believe this is our new normal.

I've been wearing a mask at all of my stops for two weeks now, and I am doing my first Virtual Inspection tomorrow, so the new world order is here!

Seriously though, this is still a sensitive period because there are people who either don't believe it's real, or don't want the government "telling them what to do". But to your point, it is our new normal. And rather than be an obstructionist, I'm just trying to make it work. Others see it differently and I completely understand their point of view. But at the same time, I am not qualified to stand on a soapbox and call BS. So if they want me to wear a mask, I'll wear a stupid mask. It's not like they're asking me to wear a thong...which I've actually done once or twice, only because the circumstances called for it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've been wearing a mask at all of my stops for two weeks now, and I am doing my first Virtual Inspection tomorrow, so the new world order is here!

Seriously though, this is still a sensitive period because there are people who either don't believe it's real, or don't want the government "telling them what to do". But to your point, it is our new normal. And rather than be an obstructionist, I'm just trying to make it work. Others see it differently and I completely understand their point of view. But at the same time, I am not qualified to stand on a soapbox and call BS. So if they want me to wear a mask, I'll wear a stupid mask. It's not like they're asking me to wear a thong...which I've actually done once or twice, only because the circumstances called for it.

Pics or I call BULLSHIT.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Pics or I call BULLSHIT.

Looks like that margarita has kicked in. You still going for a run?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Looks like that margarita has kicked in. You still going for a run?

😆😁 yes I am. Its cooled off some, enough to take Jetta. There is one con to running during sunset... BUGS, no other time do I find myself getting pelted in the face with bugs than at sunset 

PRs

LRB

I'm on my fifth batch or thereabouts of red beans and rice and it is absolutely delightful. The seasonings? Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and olive oil. Done. All of that other shit (adding chilies, garlic, tomatoes or tomato sauce) is just a waste of time and good beans in my opinion. I've never met a rice grain I didn't like but for this dish, Basmati long grain white rice for the win. You're welcome.

PS, I'm using beans that have been soaked overnight, not those from a can. YMMV

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm on my fifth batch or thereabouts of red beans and rice and it is absolutely delightful. The seasonings? Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and olive oil. Done. All of that other shit (adding chilies, garlic, tomatoes or tomato sauce) is just a waste of time and good beans in my opinion. I've never met a rice grain I didn't like but for this dish, Basmati long grain white rice for the win. You're welcome.

PS, I'm using beans that have been soaked overnight, not those from a can. YMMV

I've never been a fan of beans - black beans, red beans, lima beans, etc...

But that was due to a traumatic event as a child lol, it mostly the texture, no doubt ill get over it someday. Dishes with them smell AMAZING.

PRs

LRB

I've never been a fan of beans - black beans, red beans, lima beans, etc...

But that was due to a traumatic event as a child lol, it mostly the texture, no doubt ill get over it someday. Dishes with them smell AMAZING.

You don't eat Mexican?

Runshortii

The odd thing to me is so many of the people who want to open everything now, also don’t want to wear a mask and are very “it’s my right to not wear a mask” (literally saw someone post that today). Which I mean, whatever, but if it helps us open stuff up and keep infections somewhat down does it really hurt to wear one? I also wear one all day at work though. I know for some people wearing a mask causes anxiety

I ran 5. I’m noticing I feel less fatigued running 6 days a week with higher mileage than on 5 days a week. I think it’s helping that my long runs aren’t such a big chunk of my mileage too

sdWhiskers

You don't eat Mexican?

I eat Mexican often. I also do not eat beans...