Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 30 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 easy. Run ended with several police cars flying up the  road and now a state police helicopter is circling overhead.

Runshortii

I ran 8. Longest run in awhile and first run in weeks where I didn’t feel like hot garbage.

D the new house and neighborhood looks nice! How’s the weather?

Baboon nice race regardless

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was 67F when I left for my run at 830. Can’t believe the hour either since 530 is sometimes too late to run in Miami.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Baboon - was it warm and humid? If you still got 2nd in AG, it might have been the weather, not you. Congratulations anyway!

I ran 7.2 easy on the TM today. It didn't suck.

LRB

1:38:56 half marathon.  LOL I had nothing.  Gassed from the word go.  If this was a football game, I lost 56-3.  2 AG though won me a nice winter hat and a custom cookie.  Score!!

Keep expecting to see a pic of this every time I reload the page. Who are you and where is Boon? 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Seeing stuff on FB that all the police cars and helicopter were for pursuit of a bike thief. I'm wonderinng if there is more to this story than is being shared. Someone had a bike stolen earlier in the week. Thief saw doorbell cam and stuck his gum on it (dumbass, all that was recorded). Crime lab came, guess they took the gum. Thief must have a big pair cause he was spotted in the neighborhood on the stolen bike. I suspect there is more to this, cause having the state police helicopter for a stolen bike seems excessive.

Baboon, congrats on the AG placement! Echoing LRB, where are the cookie pics?

Docket, running outside must have felt nice.

Cyberic

World marathon championships were held in Qatar 

Start was at midnight to minimize heat. It was still 88 degrees and humid. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3795366002

I guess money rules. I see no other reason to hold the marathon championships there.

LRB

Start was at midnight to minimize heat. It was still 88 degrees and humid. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3795366002

I guess money rules. I see no other reason to hold the marathon championships there.

"The temperature when Chepngetich crossed the finish line first at 2:34 a.m. was 88 degrees (31 Celsius). The humidity was 77 percent. The heat index was 105 (40). The wind: none."

In other words, oof. 

DavePNW

Nowhere in that article does it mention finish times. Just tales of suffering. Elsewhere I found the women’s winner ran a 2:32. (Previously she has run the 3rd fastest time ever, of 2:17.) And 28 of 68 took a DNF, including all 3 Ethiopians. I guess if you’re not going to medal, then FTS.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would be a pass on that marathon...

There are no Krispy Kreme's in Indy but I've found Jack's Donuts.  And 1/2 mile from the house.  I am set!

We have no furniture but we've managed.  Bought a bunch of things, including a washer and dryer since the prior owners took it with them in violation of the contract.   They gave us the money back so we bought two today.  I saw the ones that were here and they are double of what we paid for each so now I know why they stole them...

Movers come in Tuesday/Wednesday so I moved my dad's flight to next weekend so he can help.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Hey there! I got up early and met my sister for a run. We ran 8 together, then I finished the run with 2 more. I am really liking running with other people, which is still surprising to me that I'm loving it just this much. I used to have a RP I ran with all the time, and I think I just forgot how awesome it is. The temps were PERFECT, btw. 45* at the start, no humidity. I wore some InkNBurn shorts & the Oiselle Wool Flyout Shirt.

Jenny, now I get it. This shirt is the bomb. And despite nearly having a heart attack at its price tag, now I want more. 

Baboon, that's so great you podiumed despite having an off day, for you.

HC, I think I'd have a heart attack running and getting all the police action you see, on the regular.

Ginny, Shortii & LRB, nice that your runs were better!

Damaris, awesome!! How was it running outside vs on your TM?

The Qatar marathon sounds awful.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Amazing Big grin

Damaris

LRB

The Qatar marathon sounds awful.

Reminds me of that one marathon DaveP always posts that I can't ever remember 

Cyberic

Nowhere in that article does it mention finish times. Just tales of suffering. Elsewhere I found the women’s winner ran a 2:32. (Previously she has run the 3rd fastest time ever, of 2:17.) And 28 of 68 took a DNF, including all 3 Ethiopians. I guess if you’re not going to medal, then FTS.

A local girl was running it. She ran a 2:32 in April in Rotterdam, trained her butt off all summer, and finished in 2:56 IIRC. Brutal conditions.

RunningOnSand