Beginners and Beyond

Hello Thursdailies (Read 32 times)

Hello?

5 miles.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Where is everybody?

This morning was Leg day with some Bi's and Tri's. I could have run afterward but my son wasn't feeling good the last couple of days and I just wanted to get back home to him. Of cours,e he was awake when I got there and quite chipper after nearly 12 hours of sleep.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Hello DaveP!

Run Commute Day in LOTS of water on the ground (been raining all night and still is, and with the snow, the rain has nowhere to go)

KCRuns

Good morning!  I came in early to use the treadmill this morning.  I got just over 4 miles, that seems to be the magic number this week.

sdWhiskers

Had planned on 6 in the dark this morning. However, it was the second night in a row that no one in my house got any sleep because my son is coughing nonstop. I may try to run after work or I may take a much needed nap.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I ran a bit yesterday but it was an uphill battle with me trying to breathe.  This has been going on for too damn long.  I'll try again at the office gym.

Rumor has it we are being furloughed next week so maybe I'll get some peace and sleep instead of being here 24/7 for the second month.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 6 miles of what was basically a technical trail run what with all of the frozen footprints, ice patches and long stretches of unshoveled, iced over snow.

It was really frustrating and I'm not sure I want to go through that stupidity again tomorrow.

LRB

Oh, and I'm  wearing the sock with the hole in the heel from two weeks ago again. Apparently remembering to throw it away is a skill level I've yet to master. 

Cyberic

Oh, and I'm  wearing the sock with the hole in the heel from two weeks ago again. Apparently remembering to throw it away is a skill level I've yet to master. 

RunningOnSand

I ran 6 miles of what was basically a technical trail run what with all of the frozen footprints, ice patches and long stretches of unshoveled, iced over snow.

It was really frustrating and I'm not sure I want to go through that stupidity again tomorrow.

Sounds like I wouldn't be running outside. Do you have access to a TM? Sorry I can't remember. 

Damaris, not being able to breathe for so long sounds so horrific. Ugh on that. But yay on being furloughed? Hopefully?

I have 6 to run, but my wee one is home sick. I actually had my alarm set super early, but he climbed into bed with us and I didn't sleep particularly well, with another little body in bed with us, so I reset my alarm. And still haven't run.

Speaking of sick ones, I hope your boy, Whiskers, gets better soon, stops coughing, so that you can all get some rest.

Problem is you notice the hole when putting them on; after that they just go through the whole laundry process, end up in your drawer, only to get noticed again the next time you go to put them on.

Dave

LRB

Sounds like I wouldn't be running outside. Do you have access to a TM? Sorry I can't remember. 

It's cool.  It's nothing short of mind boggling how often we ask each other what our next race is. You'd think we would know that for as often as it's discussed but no, so we ask again and again and again and again. 

I have a gym at work, so I run on the treadmill there. I'm outdoorsy though so will tolerate the intolerable sometimes to get outside.  Today's run was a crapshoot, and I crapped out. lol

LRB

Problem is you notice the hole when putting them on; after that they just go through the whole laundry process, end up in your drawer, only to get noticed again the next time you go to put them on.

That's for normal people.  For me,  I don't notice it till I'm walking to my car. 

KCRuns

You need to set an alarm on your phone for your normal getting home time tonight to remind yourself to throw it away.

That's for normal people.  For me,  I don't notice it till I'm walking to my car. 

My sock hole is generated 100% of the time by the big toe of my left foot. When I put them on, I do left foot first - if a hole is there, I move it to the right foot, where the hole becomes less of a big deal. It takes a while to get it thrown out; the hole has to be big enough that I notice in the laundry, and I'm not always the one doing the laundry.

Dave