Beginners and Beyond

Hello Thursdailies (Read 32 times)

RunningOnSand

My sock hole is generated 100% of the time by the big toe of my left foot. When I put them on, I do left foot first - if a hole is there, I move it to the right foot, where the hole becomes less of a big deal. It takes a while to get it thrown out; the hole has to be big enough that I notice in the laundry, and I'm not always the one doing the laundry.

I do this, too. Move the socks. And now my heels have started becoming the culprit. It's like they know, lol. 

LRB

My sock hole is generated 100% of the time by the big toe of my left foot. When I put them on, I do left foot first - if a hole is there, I move it to the right foot, where the hole becomes less of a big deal. It takes a while to get it thrown out; the hole has to be big enough that I notice in the laundry, and I'm not always the one doing the laundry.

lol

I've done that.

RunningOnSand

It's cool.  It's nothing short of mind boggling how often we ask each other what our next race is. You'd think we would know that for as often as it's discussed but no, so we ask again and again and again and again. 

I have a gym at work, so I run on the treadmill there. I'm outdoorsy though so will tolerate the intolerable sometimes to get outside.  Today's run was a crapshoot, and I crapped out. lol

Right?! I'd like to be able to blame it on something noteworthy, but um....I've got nothin'.  

I'm also with you, there. Running outside is eons better. With that said, our temps are plummeting, and the feels like temp is -18*F (20mph winds with a temp of 3*F). It's supposed to continue to drop. So, on the TM I'll be. Did I tell you guys I'm watching The Americans? It's pretty damned good. Albeit dark.

DavePNW

It's cool.  It's nothing short of mind boggling how often we ask each other what our next race is. You'd think we would know that for as often as it's discussed but no, so we ask again and again and again and again. 

Who are you kidding? You have everyone's races memorized.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Who are you kidding? You have everyone's races memorized.

He was probably just saying that to be nice to me to not make me feel bad.

workinprogress11

This is me 100% except the doing the laundry part. I always do the laundry. It’s the one chore I don’t mind doing.

RunningOnSand

This is me 100% except the doing the laundry part. I always do the laundry. It’s the one chore I don’t mind doing.

You're welcomed to come over and do mine anytime. It's not starting the laundry that I hate, it's the folding & putting away. 

sdWhiskers

You're welcomed to come over and do mine anytime. It's not starting the laundry that I hate, it's the folding & putting away

I don't mind doing laundry either, of course DH does his own. I feel like 70% of my laundry is work out clothes. Those just get thrown into basically a pile in one drawer. No folding required

Cyberic

I do 50% of the household laundry and about 90% of the folding. I wash my clothes and my son's (long story) but since I run... often... I need to do laundry every other day, so I end up having to fold my daughter's clothes that she just left there either in the dryer or the "hang dry" spot, and sometimes the woman's clothes too when I need space in that room.

Our house is warmed by a 1940's hot water system. The water used to be heated by an oil furnace, but we switched to an electric furnace which is waaaaay smaller. The oil furnace was like as big as half a small car, and the electric funace is like 10 running shoes boxes. But we didn't remake the basement yet, so there's a small room that is pretty much empty, and containing the house's source of heat. So we put all kinds of clothes hanging devices in there, and I spend lots of my spare time hanging clothes to save on electricity and make the clothes last longer.

Cool story bro!

DavePNW

Cool story bro!

Indeed!

I used to hang dry all my running clothes, but evolved towards putting everything in the dryer. Has not destroyed anything yet. I don't really want to own anything that can't go in the dryer. Also - wrinkle-free dress shirts are one of the greatest inventions of mankind. Because I also don't want to own anything that needs to be ironed. I used to take my dress shirts to the cleaners, but that gets expensive real fast.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good afternoon!

I ran 5.3 very slow, cold, windy, wet, icy, and oh-so-foggy miles this moning.  Puddles and slick spots in the same place is just wrong.  I persevered, but haven't quit bitching yet.  We are looking at low teens in the morning, with a windchill around zero.  That sounds like a trainer ride in a warm garage.  I'm ready for Spring.

Have a great rest of the day!

Runner with a riding problem.

workinprogress11

3.1 slow jog miles. If I try to speed up the foot really hurts, so slow jog it is. I’ll take it.

Runshortii

You're welcomed to come over and do mine anytime. It's not starting the laundry that I hate, it's the folding & putting away. 

+1.

I ran 6 with 3 miles of 2 min on/2 off

RunningOnSand

3.1 slow jog miles. If I try to speed up the foot really hurts, so slow jog it is. I’ll take it.

That’s awesome progress! Yay!!!!

HC, hows your knee?

Shortii, please do spam us with pics of HI.

I finally did my run. It’s cool to see improved fitness 😁🎉🤙🏻

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I was able to leave shop early, took both K9's out for a quick but easy 3.6 miles. I'm reminded why I don't take them together anymore, except on trails 

Oh and I signed up for the Monumental.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)