Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #190 (Read 27 times)

Cyberic

I will run this evening today, because soccer practice. Man, it's not gonna be fun. But my schedule shuffling will permit me to take Friday afternoon off, which is something I'll do all summer. I just need to do all my hours in 4.5 days instead of 5.

Baboon

delicate flower

Thanks. The Nike website shows the "Air Zoom Alphafly Next%". I'm probably not buying any time soon, especially with no races on the horizon, but just thinking about it. I've never worn shoes with <8mm drop, maybe it'd be fine but IDK.

If we had an RA Secret Santa and I pulled your name, I'd buy you a pair even though it'd probably violate the spending rules.

<3

DavePNW

I notice RW has the Next% with limit one per customer. This seems inconvenient, I'm not sure how you'd get the other shoe.

Dave

DavePNW

If we had an RA Secret Santa and I pulled your name, I'd buy you a pair even though it'd probably violate the spending rules.

Dave

onemile

Although I'm not interested in buying shoes this expensive, I find your explanation interesting.

As for the Endorphin Pros, much cheaper, but not noticing an improvement in my workouts. But since I have them, I will use them. Right now, though, the two times I have worn them has left my legs feeling unusual pains and aches, so my old body needs some adaptation before I wear them for a 26 mile race.

From what I read about the Endorphin Pros they are a good shoe but no comparison to the VF..

I actually don't know if the Nikes have made me any faster but they provide so much more cushion than any other lightweight racing shoe and my knees and lower back and shins really appreciate that in my old age 

onemile

I notice RW has the Next% with limit one per customer. This seems inconvenient, I'm not sure how you'd get the other shoe.

onemile

I vote we start a RA Christmas in July Secret Santa

DavePNW

I vote we start a RA Christmas in July Secret Santa

If the outcome is Baboon buying me Vaporflys, I'm all for it.

Dave

Cyberic

From what I read about the Endorphin Pros they are a good shoe but no comparison to the VF..

I actually don't know if the Nikes have made me any faster but they provide so much more cushion than any other lightweight racing shoe and my knees and lower back and shins really appreciate that in my old age 

I have heard both sides: some prefer the Endorphin Pros, others prefer the Nikes... they seem to be the first decent challengers to the Nikes, though.

It sucks that there's no race on the horizon, as I'd start wearing them more regularly over long tempo runs, and that would give me a better opinion of the shoes. One thing's for sure, they're different. The SpeedRoll thing is pretty cool, but is also likely responsible for my legs having a hard time getting accustomed to the shoes.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I'm back...qualifying this a bit but, still say morning running in 73 degree heat with humidity and some daylight beats the crap out of cold, dark, slippery winter running! 

I am jealous of those of you who run fast enough these days to care about the cheaterfly shoes! Hope to be worrying about them at some point in the next year or so.

DD and I have watched Hamilton on Disney+ about 5 times since it launched last week and she has watched it another few times herself or with others. Not good for productivity but what a great show. Saw it twice live and the movie does the live show justice. I have to say I liked the actors I saw playing Hamilton better than Lin-Manual Miranda playing the role but the man is a genius to create the play. I can't imagine how he could write all those songs and make a show about Alexander Hamilton so amazingly good. I wonder how many times it has been streamed since it launched.

I shall go away for a while again...

Half Crazy K 2.0

It hasn't snowed much in MD the last few winters, so no slipping, just cold. The dark can be a problem when you trip on a manhole cover.....

LRB

Now that is weird. If I were 18 YO, I would not want random adults from my parents' work places as the crowd for my party.

It's essentially a play for money and quite common here in Michigan. When invited to my boss's daughter's grad party, I sent a card stuffed with cash instead, which is really what it's all about.

LRB

I'm back...qualifying this a bit but, still say morning running in 73 degree heat with humidity and some daylight beats the crap out of cold, dark, slippery winter running! 

For sure, there are aspects of running in one season versus another that are appealing. My preference is fall, because you get the cool temps and some extra daylight. I do like the minimalistic approach to summer running, shorts and a singlet, you can't beat that, but if I had to run 20 miles this weekend, I'd be crying.

I looked into Hamilton while in New York but the cheapest ticket was like ten thousand dollars. I'm not really interested in seeing it but I suppose it's one of those generational things that you have to see whether you want to or not.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Been sulking all day from my sore crown work. Sheesh, this tooth was really fucked. Even my throat is sore from the 3 hour work on it.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

It's essentially a play for money and quite common here in Michigan. When invited to my boss's daughter's grad party, I sent a card stuffed with cash instead, which is really what it's all about.

This is pretty gross.