Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #190 (Read 27 times)

sdWhiskers

I went to one with my friends. We went on a cruise on the local river, and then pretty much all graduating grade 12s went to a friend's house (huge house/domain) and I did acid and drank booze until my conscience separated from my body.

LOL

After HS graduation, we did a Senior Week in OCMD with many of the graduating class. It was not that hardcore but was crazy enough for this nerdy HSer 

onemile

Heh, you never struck me as the type. I am not generally a fan but there are a handful I like. DD is kind of a big musical fan and would be pretty excited to see Hamilton.

it's something I do with my mom a couple times a year. I grew up watching the sound of music etc. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

After HS graduation, we did a Senior Week in OCMD with many of the graduating class. It was not that hardcore but was crazy enough for this nerdy HSer 

Yea, I somehow convinced my parents to let me do this. In a it's a small world, there was a group of guys that stayed across the street from us who we got to know (not in that way). One of them went to the same college as me and I wound up dating his roommate.

DavePNW

it's something I do with my mom a couple times a year. I grew up watching the sound of music etc. 

Did you know about Andrew Lloyd Webber's YouTube channel, "The Shows Must Go On"? It started around the time COVID started; they release a filmed stage production of a different musical every weekend. Each release becomes available Friday evening and is available for free for 48 hours. Last weekend they in fact showed a performance of The Sound of Music, starring Carrie Underwood. We've watched a bunch of them.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

This seems to be true. I haven't seen it and don't have Disney+, but tempted to get it for a month just to watch it.

Also coming to Disney+ are the following live action shows:

The Falcon and Winter Soldier

WandaVision

Loki

Hawkeye

Ms. Marvel

Moon Knight

She-Hulk

if any of that would interest you.

<3

LRB

I will gladly fork over the card with cash to not have to go to her house

Exactly. I didn't spend two seconds thinking about it! I went and found a decent card, wrote something inspirational in it, slid a c note in it, handed it to my boss with my deepest regrets that I wouldn't be able to make it and was done. #doneanddone

DavePNW

The Falcon and Winter Soldier

WandaVision

Loki

Hawkeye

Ms. Marvel

Moon Knight

She-Hulk

Heh. Honestly, while as you are well aware I am a big fan of the MCU movies, I have never watched a single episode of a Marvel TV show. If I wanted to get started, there are still plenty of seasons of plenty of shows on Netflix/Amazon (unless they’re all moving?)

DD would be all over Disney+ though

Dave

LRB

Stage shows are awesome, I'm all about it. Dressing up, dinner, drinks and seeing a great performance. Been doing it since forever. Have lost count on how many I've seen over the years.

sdWhiskers

Heh. Honestly, while as you are well aware I am a big fan of the MCU movies, I have never watched a single episode of a Marvel TV show. If I wanted to get started, there are still plenty of seasons of plenty of shows on Netflix/Amazon (unless they’re all moving?)

DD would be all over Disney+ though

I didn't think I'd enjoy much on Disney+, got it mainly for DS. But we've been watching quite a bit of the NatGeo content. Our household watches it more than Netflix or AmazonPrime. To be fair, I'm not watching much TV these days because Switch.

Oh, and we just bought the RingFit for it which is maybe similar to the Wii Fit. You do a bunch of exercises to defeat bosses and get through the level. MrW can't walk this week due to squat overload 

onemile

Stage shows are awesome, I'm all about it. Dressing up, dinner, drinks and seeing a great performance. Been doing it since forever. Have lost count on how many I've seen over the years.

yes!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Heh, you never struck me as the type. I am not generally a fan but there are a handful I like. DD is kind of a big musical fan and would be pretty excited to see Hamilton.

definitely worth the $6.99 for a month of Disney+ even if you watch nothing else on it

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I don't like musicals much and I liked Hamilton. It was funny; otherwise, I would have hated it.

The King George scenes are the best/funniest, IMO. They guy who played him in Detroit was out of this world good. Had the mannerisms, voice, everything. Practicaly cried I was laughing so hard

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

The Falcon and Winter Soldier YES

WandaVision Sort of NO - didn't like here character much

Loki YES

Hawkeye Sort of YES

Ms. Marvel Not Sure

Moon Knight ??

She-Hulk ??

DavePNW

definitely worth the $6.99 for a month of Disney+ even if you watch nothing else on it

Kinda what I'm thinking.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The King George scenes are the best/funniest, IMO. They guy who played him in Detroit was out of this world good. Had the mannerisms, voice, everything. Practicaly cried I was laughing so hard

The one here in IN was hilarious. I really thought I would get bored since it's so long but the time passed really quickly.

Damaris