Beginners and Beyond

Sunday race day in the dailies (Read 33 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning and Happy Sunday!  Best of luck today to Lauren, onemile, and Cyberic!! (and anyone else I missed)

I've got a preview ride this morning for my half ironman that's in two weeks (56 hilly miles).  Should be a fun ride...fully supported with rest stops and coaching.  I had to register (free) for it.  I've got a brick run after too.  My legs hurt.

Have a Sunday, folks!

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

'Morning and Happy Sunday!  Best of luck today to Lauren, onemile, and Cyberic!! (and anyone else I missed)

And, wtg Baboon, DaveP, and anyone I might have missed on yesterday's races.  Some were long, some were hilly, but you guys placed well and shit. If it were up to me, I'd give you all a gold star for the weekend.

I slow-jogged 5 overcast but dry miles this morning.  That gets me 38 for the week, and I'm shooting for 40 next week.  My cautious optimism is remaining cautiously optimistic.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

Best of luck today to Lauren, onemile, and Cyberic!! (and anyone else I missed)

+1, bigly.

Dave

No more marathons

And, wtg Baboon, DaveP, and anyone I might have missed on yesterday's races.  Some were long, some were hilly, but you guys placed well and shit. If it were up to me, I'd give you all a gold star for the weekend.

+1, bigly.

All three opening lines bear repeating.

Rest day today after another 40 mile week.  that's bigly for me.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

All three opening lines bear repeating.

+1

LRB

The only thing bigly for me is the number on the scale. -_-

No more marathons

The only thing bigly for me is the number on the scale. -_-

I've kept mine down a bit so far this weekend - first time in a month.  Now if I can just do OK today.

Oh wait - movie, popcorn, bbq, hot wings, beer - forget that shit.  Start over tomorrow.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 13 miles tonight.

Good luck, guys!

Damaris

DavePNW

I need to try to minimize my usual Sunday morning procrastination, because it's actually going to warm up today (by our standards), so should be an incentive to get out early. We'll see.

Dave

Cyberic

I'm the first to post my result, it seems.

TL;DR;

NYCM Qualified!!!!

Garmin time:

1:27:32

Wonderful day. The last 1.5 miles were hard, and I got my wind back with about 1/2 to go... when I could see the finish line, actually.

All good!

Can't wait to see the other results!

LRB

I'm the first to post my result, it seems.

TL;DR;

NYCM Qualified!!!!

Garmin time:

1:27:32

Wonderful day. The last 1.5 miles were hard, and I got my wind back with about 1/2 to go... when I could see the finish line, actually.

All good!

Can't wait to see the other results!

Well done! And pretty much what we expected proving yet again the forum knows best. 

GinnyinPA

Congratulations!  Will you do a longer report as well?

Cyberic

Well done! And pretty much what we expected proving yet again the forum knows best. 

Yes, you do!

I lucked out on the day. Maybe a lil' warm by some of you guys' standards, but considering it's late May, I was ultra lucky. The wind was very light and  the course was flat for real.

I trained good, did a full taper, and lucked out on the day.

Ginny, I might do a longer RR... pretty uneventful race though so although longer, it will still be relatively short. Maybe later today, or tomorrow.

From the Internet.

BQ baby! Right on the cusp but I'll take it - it got hot out there with no shade and I'm really happy, I ran a good race. 3:32:41.

From the Internet.

Double post, whoops!