Beginners and Beyond

You know that I know that you know it's Monday (Read 49 times)

Zelanie

I've mostly decided that my hamstrings or piriformis of whatever it is is just going to hurt.  And I will limp and walk like an old lady any time I sit for more than 15 minutes.  But it doesn't seem to affect my running too much, really.  In other news, my toe hasn't been bothering me lately.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Rest day today. Do you think running 7 days in a row after one day off was a little too much for my recovery week?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Half Crazy, no I've tried those but fell over  I think the Romanian deadlift is basically .... hell I'll post a link or image.

I was doing the ones with dumbbells

and then the one with a K-bell

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/romanian-deadlift-with-kettlebell

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've mostly decided that my hamstrings or piriformis of whatever it is is just going to hurt.  And I will limp and walk like an old lady any time I sit for more than 15 minutes.  But it doesn't seem to affect my running too much, really.  In other news, my toe hasn't been bothering me lately.

It's amazing how little things like the toes can affect us lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

FreeSoul, gotcha, the DVDs I have tend to call them straight legged deadlift. Even so, those really get your hamstrings if you are not used to doing them. And it doesn't take a whole lot of weight to really feel it for a few days.

workinprogress11

As as for today, I'll run some, not sure how much yet. Whatever strikes me. I'm still on the Hawaii vibe.

4 miles.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FreeSoul, gotcha, the DVDs I have tend to call them straight legged deadlift. Even so, those really get your hamstrings if you are not used to doing them. And it doesn't take a whole lot of weight to really feel it for a few days.

I will wait until I no longer feel any oain before slowly starting back on them again.

PRs