Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies - Kickass! (Read 40 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Um, guys, so by skinny jeans, are these like painted on similar to leggings? Cause um, does that leave anything to the imagination? 

Cyberic

Um, guys, so by skinny jeans, are these like painted on similar to leggings? Cause um, does that leave anything to the imagination? 

I've never worn skinny jeans (I wear slim), but I'm always surprised when I do the laundry at home at how stretchy women jeans are. None of my jeans have any stretch at all. They're made of denim (I think).

But I guess skinny jeans need a bit of stretch in the lower leg to let the foot through, yet hug the calf.

bluerun

Super B****

I've never worn skinny jeans (I wear slim), but I'm always surprised when I do the laundry at home at how stretchy women jeans are. None of my jeans have any stretch at all. They're made of denim (I think).

But I guess skinny jeans need a bit of stretch in the lower leg to let the foot through, yet hug the calf.

All jeans are made of denim.  Which, I guess, technically makes skinny jeans not really jeans, because they're not 100% cotton.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Apparently they can run faster than me, too, so maybe I ought to find another analogy!

But you can beat a horse though.

LRB

Mine are not. I stay away from the ones you need to sit down in order to get them past your ankle. I mean, for me, if you can't get my pants on while standing, they ain't pants.

Baboon

delicate flower

Mine are not tight...they are just slim fit with a size 30 waist.  No tight packaging.  Now tomorrow when I race my duathlon is another story.

<3

zzyzx

This week was bike on Monday/Wednesday, 3/4 stair challenge on T/Th/and Today. Today was going to be a rest day because my stomach and I were having a fight but I decided to press on and 100 flights of stairs is a good compromise on a lazy day.

I officially am in the London Royal Parks Half Marathon so I am now in training. I have 5 months so I have plenty of time, and I'm at least up to 8.5 miles now so I'm pretty close.

bluerun

Super B****

But you can beat a horse though.

I see what you did there.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

The men's versions usually have a bit more room up top. Ideally.

Dave

DavePNW

Baboon...I just can't do the skinny jeans! It's not that I don't like the look. It's just that I legitimately can't get them over my calves (or if I can they just look absolutely absurd). I think my being a heavy forefoot striker leads to larger than normal calves. Are you more of a mid-foot guy?

I have fairly sizable calves, but I think more genetic than anything to do with running style. My issue with my regular work pants (cotton khakis) is that it's struggle to pull my pants up over my calves in order to pull up my socks. When I am wearing jeans, I am almost always wearing ankle-high socks so no issue.

Dave

sdWhiskers

4 easy miles this morning. Still feel like I'm dragging and tomorrow morning is a doozy of a workout.

I do not do skinny jeans. Or leggings. Or jeggings or whatever man-made hell is in at the moment. I find that I have to order jeans online because physical stores only carry the skin tight nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I like my legs (yay running!) but just no. Maybe it's because I wear jeans to work 100% of the time in a male-dominated field? Or because comfort matters the most? Also why I don't own a shoe with a heel.

bluerun

Super B****

4 easy miles this morning. Still feel like I'm dragging and tomorrow morning is a doozy of a workout.

I do not do skinny jeans. Or leggings. Or jeggings or whatever man-made hell is in at the moment. I find that I have to order jeans online because physical stores only carry the skin tight nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I like my legs (yay running!) but just no. Maybe it's because I wear jeans to work 100% of the time in a male-dominated field? Or because comfort matters the most? Also why I don't own a shoe with a heel.

I own a pair of these (I bought them as a joke and only wear them in the climbing gym, but they are so ridiculously comfy)

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

I own a pair of these (I bought them as a joke and only wear them in the climbing gym, but they are so ridiculously comfy)

Are they basically just denim-colored yoga pants?

bluerun

Super B****

Are they basically just denim-colored yoga pants?

Not exactly ... I feel like yoga pants are looser-fitting.  And these have a soft fleecy lining that is just the best.  It even has real pockets on the back, not that I could put anything in them, because they'd fall down, but still.

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

The men's versions usually have a bit more room up top. Ideally.

Not always. I've seen way more than I need to. Usually it's from the under 30 crowd.