Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: Sometimes it be like that, Yo (Read 29 times)

LRB

lol they're playing tricks on you

I'm just about done with the whole thing! I'll just go with the spibelt I guess. Blah

Half Crazy K 2.0

8.5 miles. I need the weather to cool off--would get me out of the house while DH is getting grouchy watching Michigan football.

LRB

8.5 miles. I need the weather to cool off--would get me out of the house while DH is getting grouchy watching Michigan football.

What does he expect with the coach we have? He sucks. He should be getting grouchy with himself for expecting anything other than what they're showing. #wegotthewrongharbaugh

Half Crazy K 2.0

What does he expect with the coach we have? He sucks. He should be getting grouchy with himself for expecting anything other than what they're showing. #wegotthewrongharbaugh

I like the Ravens coach (most of the time). Michigan got the exetremely high strung one, we have the one who sometimes seems like he needs a coffee on the sideline. If they don't OSU this year, I can see people calling for his head.

sdWhiskers

12 miles. Almost 800 ft elevation in first 9, then last 3 around MP. Sunny but not too warm.

Thus begins my no headlamp on the weekend rule. So I slept in and didn't start until 6:15am.

Cyberic

I got my new Naked Belt two sizes bigger. I would swear it was the same one I returned except I returned one and bought another. The thing is so tight I have zero desire to take one step with it on. I don't know what to make of it. 🤔

Where exactly do you wear it, low and around the hips or high around your stomach/waist?

I wear it low around the hips. The top part of the belt is pretty flush with the top part or my hip bone.

If I wore the belt without my big ass phone in it, the lower part of the belt would probably bunch up a little towards the top of the belt, and not stay flattened out. But it's a moot point, as when I'm not carrying my phone, I'm not wearing that belt.

If I wore the belt higher that the bone area of the hip, it would compress my stomach too much, and that would be uncomfortable. When I put it on, it's very tight, and is weird, but as soon as I start running it becomes 100% invisible. Its tightness makes it stay in place.

I think that if you don't like the tightness of the belt, you're better without it and it might not be for you, as that is why I find it so effective.

DavePNW

5.5 miles.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's terrible.

That's life with a child on the spectrum...... and a spouse who works crazy hours and is trying to find a new direction for his company.... or create a new company altogether 🤷‍♀️

Another reason I want winter, at least during cold weather I can still get an LR in, even in the afternoon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

2.5 bowl hill crown easy day, also my ham fascia massage day, hope i didn’t over do it on the massage part

delicate flower

Hi LMAO

Just got back from a very pleasant 27 mile bike ride.  Beautifully warm day for a bike ride, but running would have sucked.  I saw another bear.  He walked across the road maybe 30 yards in front of me.  I tried to snap a pic but he ducked into the woods too quickly.  That is my third time this year I saw a bear while biking.  Yay bears!!

I was up until 11:30 last night at a friend's house.  I too old for that shit.  No drinking...just UP.   

<3

LRB

I wear it low around the hips. The top part of the belt is pretty flush with the top part or my hip bone

If I wore the belt without my big ass phone in it, the lower part of the belt would probably bunch up a little towards the top of the belt, and not stay flattened out. But it's a moot point, as when I'm not carrying my phone, I'm not wearing that belt.

If I wore the belt higher that the bone area of the hip, it would compress my stomach too much, and that would be uncomfortable. When I put it on, it's very tight, and is weird, but as soon as I start running it becomes 100% invisible. Its tightness makes it stay in place.

I think that if you don't like the tightness of the belt, you're better without it and it might not be for you, as that is why I find it so effective.

That's what I figured.

I didn't necessarily buy it to carry a phone but what you're saying makes sense.

All of my other belts are invisible from the beginning. Maybe I should try a short run in it without sweating. It's a lot of money to lose or it wouldn't be a big deal.

LRB

Hi LMAO

Just got back from a very pleasant 27 mile bike ride.  Beautifully warm day for a bike ride, but running would have sucked.  I saw another bear.  He walked across the road maybe 30 yards in front of me.  I tried to snap a pic but he ducked into the woods too quickly.  That is my third time this year I saw a bear while biking.  Yay bears!!

I was up until 11:30 last night at a friend's house.  I too old for that shit.  No drinking...just UP.   

Yeah if you were drinking you wouldn't have been up that late. lol

I'm the same way though. It's a far cry from the days when staying up until 1:00 or 2:00 am was SOP.

Cyberic

That's what I figured.

I didn't necessarily buy it to carry a phone but what you're saying makes sense.

All of my other belts are invisible from the beginning. Maybe I should try a short run in it without sweating. It's a lot of money to lose or it wouldn't be a big deal.

Yeah, when I only want to carry a key and a few bucks, I use my SpiBelt. But as soon as I have my phone, then it's the Naked Belt. It took a couple of tries to find the perfect spot for the phone: tried it in the back, on the sides, and my favorite place is in the front, on the left side.

If you decide to try it on a run, bring a bunch of stuff, as that's when the belt shines: a phone, a big key ring, some cash, driver's license and credit cards, or even the whole friggin' wallet.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Grrrr.....was registered for a 5 mile race next Saturday

Just got an email it is being postponed until April 2020. At least I can get a refund.

Cyberic

Grrrr.....was registered for a 5 mile race next Saturday

Just got an email it is being postponed until April 2020. At least I can get a refund.

That's quite a weird postponement