Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: Sometimes it be like that, Yo (Read 29 times)

GinnyinPA

HC - did they say why they postponed the race?

I ran 6 easy on a warm afternoon. I was glad it wasn't longer.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That sucks, HCK.  Hoping you get the refund and it's not a scam like one time I signed up for local HM here around the race track and they canceled or disappeared (don't recall).  The running store played coy and said they weren't involved even when it was their name on the race and I never got a refund.

On my sofa now using my mac from a little table.  All that's left in the house will be donated (furniturewise).  My TM didn't fit the door so they had to take the door off the hinges and now it is back to fucked up. Hoping the TM comes in without damage.  My cats are like WTF all lost and stressed now.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

No reason was given for the cancellation. I was thinking something was odd. The race was at John Hopkins Greenspring Station (huge outpatient center for the hospital). They are having a big 25th anniversary celebration on 9/28 (same day as the race). Celebration event was listed as 10-4, race was supposed to be at 8. It struck me as odd that in all the news about the event there was no mention of the race.

I've one races by the RM company, so at least it wasn't some unknown group. They have had some issues in the past. Several years ago they started promoting the Annapolis to Baltimore marathon. They went as far as to get $10 deposits. Race never happened. They also mentioned, but never got beyond that point, an "eastside" running festival after having a 5k in the area. Never happened and 5k was one and done.

Cyberic

Forecast has changed for the better. 61 at race start, 66 at the end, sunny, and all right wind (6 mph at the beginning, 8 at the end, gusts of 13 at the end)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That sounds better.

Damaris

onemile

Forecast has changed for the better. 61 at race start, 66 at the end, sunny, and all right wind (6 mph at the beginning, 8 at the end, gusts of 13 at the end)

Nice. Mine still says 68 with a 67 dewpoint and a chance of thunderstorms.

Cyberic

Nice. Mine still says 68 with a 67 dewpoint and a chance of thunderstorms.

sdWhiskers

I got a pedicure yesterday.  After all my humidity induced running blisters this summer, that poor lady, lol  My feet were wrecked. And now they are a little less ugly and soft. Highly recommend. $5 extra for callous removal FTW

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Message to Andrea:

I'm in for Monumental...

Damaris