Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES from Times Square (Read 37 times)

RunningOnSand

LRB, job well done yesterday. I am also expecting to read your RR soon.

You guys and your talks about racing....I am currently signed up for a Turkey Day trot 5k, and since I have been doing zero speed work for months, I have zero desire to race the damn thing. Plus I'm still sort of babying my hamstring as it continues to heal. And I simultaneously feel a bit of shame over not racing it. But IDK if IGAF enough to actually race it. Ha. How's that for Monday morning musings. Big grin

Anyway, I ran a bit over 8 this morning. It was less than I'd planned (I try to get 10 miles in on Mondays for really no reason other than it sounds nice), but I have a shitton of stuff to do so there you have it. And it did feel nice to not rush as much.

onemile

It Monday, so I ran 6 with 6x80m hill sprints followed by .1, .2, .4, .2, .1 miles with .1 mile recoveries

Cyberic

It Monday, so I ran 6 with 6x80m hill sprints followed by .1, .2, .4, .2, .1 miles with .1 mile recoveries

I seem to detect a pattern Smile

LRB

writing your RR? 

Hello aiding and abetting enabling friend of mine. 👋

LRB

LRB

That is what my gut is telling me too.  are fun even though they suck.

I respectively disagree. I would get right back to the business of running 6:55s like you were doing. You have the fitness, train to it. Of course a lucent argument can be made for 7:05s, and I would argue against it. 

LRB

LRB, job well done yesterday. I am also expecting to read your RR soon.

You guys and your talks about racing....I am currently signed up for a Turkey Day trot 5k, and since I have been doing zero speed work for months, I have zero desire to race the damn thing. Plus I'm still sort of babying my hamstring as it continues to heal. And I simultaneously feel a bit of shame over not racing it. But IDK if IGAF enough to actually race it. Ha. How's that for Monday morning musings. Big grin

Anyway, I ran a bit over 8 this morning. It was less than I'd planned (I try to get 10 miles in on Mondays for really no reason other than it sounds nice), but I have a shitton of stuff to do so there you have it. And it did feel nice to not rush as much.

I think your head is in the right place, you just might be figuring this whole mental thing with running out. 

LRB

Only 4 miles which felt odd. I had so much extra time to get ready for work. And only used headlamp for half the run! HM on Sunday so this will be a cutback week. Training has been going really well but at the same time, I'm looking forward to less miles this week.

Doing a bunch of interviews at work over the next 2 weeks. For those of you that do this, what's your favorite interview question(s)?

I like to ask a totally unrealistic question like what is 72 x 147. I'm really not interested in the correct answer, just their response to the question. Will they panic, will they attempt to figure it out in their head before tapping out, will they ask for a calculator, will they ask for a pen and paper. There really is no wrong response, it's just a way to see how a person handles a wrench being thrown at them.

onemile

Hello aiding and abetting enabling friend of mine. 👋

onemile

I respectively disagree. I would get right back to the business of running 6:55s like you were doing. You have the fitness, train to it. Of course a lucent argument can be made for 7:05s, and I would argue against it. 

sub-3 or GTFO

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I like to ask a totally unrealistic question like what is 72 x 147. I'm really not interested in the correct answer, just their response to the question. Will they panic, will they attempt to figure it out in their head before tapping out, will they ask for a calculator, will they ask for a pen and paper. There really is no wrong response, it's just a way to see how a person handles a wrench being thrown at them.

Curse you for making me do unneeded math. Yes, I did it in my head. I multiplied 147 by 70 because that's easier than doing 147x72. Then I added 2x147 (which in my head was just 300-6 because that's also easier). So 10290 +294 is 10584.

So do I have the job?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

Curse you for making me do unneeded math. Yes, I did it in my head. I multiplied 147 by 70 because that's easier than doing 147x72. Then I added 2x147 (which in my head was just 300-6 because that's also easier). So 10290 +294 is 10584.

So do I have the job?

You sure have my attention! But that is not enough, sir! You need to answer sd's question about the lab equipment you broke.

sdWhiskers

So do I have the job?

LOL

Candidate #1 put his IQ (yes, an actual #) on his CV. We have candidates from all over the world so I've seen some crazy stuff but this is my first for IQ.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You sure have my attention! But that is not enough, sir! You need to answer sd's question about the lab equipment you broke.

Unfortunately, mistakes are part of doing business. I'd escalate this to the necessary party, perhaps while singing Britanny Spears "oops I did it again."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

LOL

Candidate #1 put his IQ (yes, an actual #) on his CV. We have candidates from all over the world so I've seen some crazy stuff but this is my first for IQ.

IQ is such a bad predictor! I'd much rather have a less brilliant, highly motivated/high performing individual than a brilliant but lazy one.