Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES; Say this, not that (Read 39 times)

LRB

Whether that ever translates to running has kind of lost its importance strangely enough.

And I've officially lost my mind!

onemile

I cannot say that I am getting a running benefit out of it (at least not yet), but because I can do things now there that I couldn't when I started in January, I would have to say yes. Whether that ever translates to running has kind of lost its importance strangely enough. For the relatively nominal cost, I think the flexibility, strength and balance aspect of it is worth it on its own.

I figured all the core strength and balance would help and some of the exercises/stretches are similar to those suggested by PT's. I have gone to, I think, 6 classes so far.  My class is pretty inexpensive and held over lunchtime in the building where I work so I figured it was worth a try.

Yesterday the instructor was short on stretch straps but made sure to give me one because "you're a tight one"

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.7 mile walk with Gail after work yesterday.  We did a very hilly route too.  I'm not a very fast walker, so it took me 1 hour and 10 minutes, but that's okay, just happy I could even walk for over an hour.

Today after work, probably some x-training at the gym, stationary bike, stairmaster, rowing machine.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  Took a RD yesterday, 4-6 today. Smile  Slowly getting back to myself.  Hope to get my run in in time to watch the Blazers hopefully not get their hearts broken.  I'm kinda going for Golden State in the series, I just want Portland to do well too. 

I'm hoping the San Antonio Spurs get their act together.  Lost at home yesterday and now are within 1 game of being eliminated by the OKC Thunder, for pete's sake!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I figured all the core strength and balance would help and some of the exercises/stretches are similar to those suggested by PT's. I have gone to, I think, 6 classes so far.  My class is pretty inexpensive and held over lunchtime in the building where I work so I figured it was worth a try.

Yesterday the instructor was short on stretch straps but made sure to give me one because "you're a tight one"

Yep, I'm so tight that I've been called guitar strings. 

I'm in it for the foreseeable future, it's not as convenient as yours but it's not terrible. I suppose I could always do it at home On Demand as well, but that shit ain't happening. lol

Zelanie

Well you kind of had to expect they were going to lose.  So, certainly disappointing to see them get knocked out if you are a fan, but also the expected result.

On that note, I am kind of surprised to see OKC with a series lead right now.

Yeah, nobody had any doubts who was going to win the series. I just want them to make a good showing for themselves anyways. It's tough when the two teams you like the best are playing each other.

Wasn't expecting San Antonio to lose, either. I just can't root for Seattle  OKC. I used to hate San Antonio when they played Portland and Phoenix,  but Pop has earned my respect over the years. And he's almost as much fun in a press conference as Riley Curry.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I need Friday and I need it now!

Damaris

LRB

...but Pop has earned my respect over the years. And he's almost as much fun in a press conference as Riley Curry.

It's crazy to think he beat my beloved Pistons for the chamchampionship a decade ago, and is still relevant!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Took my little guy to Holiday World today, his class/school and other schools were going for a field trip. He enjoyed himself, he really liked the Raging Rapids though. I'm tired, it is freaking nasty outside, 80 degrees, overbearing humidity at 76% and a dew point of 71. It isn't so bad when the clouds cover the sun, but when that shiny bitch is out it is just smothering... today will be my RD.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

60 minute tempo run done.  I decided to do it on a hilly route.  10 minutes warm up, 20 minutes tempo (6:47 pace, downhill), 10 minutes easy, 20 minutes tempo (7:29 pace, uphill).  8.3 miles at 7:19 avg pace.  Tempo effort uphill is a real ass kicker, especially for a 20 minute block.  Good run.  80 degrees!

<3

workinprogress11

3 early miles before the storm hit... quite the light show!  5-6 at lunch.  3-4 this evening.  Same old song and dance.  Might hit 90 for the week.

You make me feel like a big lazy slagathor.

5 or 6 after dinner, probably.

onemile

Tempo effort uphill is a real ass kicker, especially for a 20 minute block. 

That is my least favorite workout of all time. I have gotten it twice - 4 mile hill climb at tempo effort (mine was to be done on the treadmill at 4-5% incline).

onemile

I ran 7.

Zelanie

It's crazy to think he beat my beloved Pistons for the chamchampionship a decade ago, and is still relevant!

That was the start of me not liking him, I think. That was such a good Pistons team that year. DH got to see them courtside vs. Seattle, Mr. Big Shot hit a game winning shot at the buzzer.

Cyberic

8 x 200, pretty much as fast as I could with plenty of recovery between each.

0:38, 0:37, 0:37, 0:37 with 400s of recovery. A little water break, and then 0:35, 0:37, 0:36, 0:36 with 400s of recovery.

I was wearing my fastest shoes (NB 1400v2).

I had no cardio, with the cold(or might be allergies), but my legs had speed after 2 days rest.