Beginners and Beyond

Unnumbered SaturDAILIES (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

Just because I can do it!

Cyberic

Ran 10.8 or something, with a pyramid of 1000-1500-2000-1500-1000 / 2min with my RP.

Miles equivalence:  0.62 - 0.93 - 1.24 - 0.93 - 0.62

onemile

Ran 10.8 or something, with a pyramid of 1000-1500-2000-1500-1000 / 2min with my RP.

Miles equivalence:  0.62 - 0.93 - 1.24 - 0.93 - 0.62

nice!  it helps to have a RP for workouts

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 easy plus 10 sluggish strides.

Cyberic

nice!  it helps to have a RP for workouts

My RP is getting back into shape, so he's not pushing me to run faster right now, but in a couple of weeks it's gonna be a different story. But yeah, it helps a lot for the motivation.

onemile

My RP is getting back into shape, so he's not pushing me to run faster right now, but in a couple of weeks it's gonna be a different story. But yeah, it helps a lot for the motivation.

RRP is pretty much too fast to do workouts with now that he is back in shape (last time I did a Mona "with" him he averaged sub-6 pace for the first 2 miles) and URP seems to just want to do easy runs lately and also doesn't want to get up early for a workout before it gets hot.  So I am mostly on my own now 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe not numbering the dailies will stop this pandemic year, ha.

I have 7 and weights.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

7 miles with 1 mile TT in 7:15. Only 2 seconds off my PR!

Ran with RP which was great. He was just ahead of me for the first half mile of the TT then took off. No idea what he ran (he doesn't care about these things), his PR last year was ~6:20. We ran at the lake which has a 5 mile loop--it's been closed for 2 months and recently reopened. Was definitely the most I've run with my buff actually covering mouth and nose. Felt nice to return there but not sure I'll go back very often yet as it was more crowded than I'd like (at 6am!). Doing a TT with RP actually made it feel just like the mile race I've done the past 2 years, everyone is so far ahead of me that I'm usually just running with one other slow person, lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ran 5.1 miles this morning, felt good... Even after 3 margaritas last year 🤪

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

If I had toilet solutions, I'm starting to feel like attempting a TT. Something short like 5K or less, probably.

12 mostly flat.  Month of May has been good and consistent... well consistent for me😛.  eeked  out 6 runs in the 12-13 range and had only 2 single hiccup days: May 8, foot; and May 28 middle ham from road crown.  Did take a lot of rest days but given my age and height-weight ratio I think they  are required.

Runshortii

I ran 4

DavePNW

I ran 5.1 miles this morning, felt good... Even after 3 margaritas last year 🤪

Usually 5 months is a long enough wait to avoid a hangover.

Dave

DavePNW

7 miles with 1 mile TT in 7:15. Only 2 seconds off my PR!

Nice!!

Dave

DavePNW

I was doing my usual weekend morning lounging about, until I checked the Weather Channel at 8:00 and saw that 9:00 was thunderstorms & 100% chance of heavy rain. Both of which are very rare occurrences around here. So I figured I’d better get my ass in gear. Ran 8 miles; rain started around mile 3, got heavy around mile 6. Now it’s pouring, so good thing I made it out when I did. And good thing I didn’t have a LR scheduled today.

I will say the nice part about running in the rain is that you don’t have to deal with so many pedestrians, cyclists, or johnny-come-lately runners. In fact I encountered virtually zero.

Dave