Beginners and Beyond

Precaffeinating Before Heading To Dunkin Donuts MONDAILIES (Read 45 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning dailies. I did 4 Tempo miles on the TM this morning. It was nice.

From the department of #BuySomethingToUseTheBathroom comes: The gym I use is at my workplace. My work site has about 1000 people at it, so our fair gym has 4 TMs, 4 elipticals, 2 bikes, some free weights and other things yogis would use. Over the past 2 weeks, on at least 3 occasions people have came in and took a dump when I was showering. Our gym is very out of the way, so it's not like "It's the closest bathroom to me." I use the gym daily, I know what's up, and these people sure as hell don't use it. They come in there thinking that no one will be in there and take a dump. Last week I was literally walking in to the locker room to shower and someone followed me in, just for them to take a left right to the can while I start the shower. Doesn't anyone feel just the slightest bit awkward that someone decided to take a poop in the same general vicinity that another guy is showering? IDK - maybe I'm just being a little prudish. #StayOffMyLawn

Well...speaking of public dumps....behave yourself over the holiday season, or else!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

:will not comment on non-running portions of this thread:

SRD for me, with kyukido tonight. Hi-yah!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I just ate a mini Baby Ruth, Nestle Crunch bar, and Pretzel M & M's.  The girls in the office are completely dumbfounded!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just ate a mini Baby Ruth, Nestle Crunch bar, and Pretzel M & M's.  The girls in the office are completely dumbfounded!

I think I got you beat.  I ate peppermint bark, a cupcake and two bags of Doritos Cool Ranch.  Good thing I have a marathon this weekend.

Damaris

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Today is a rest day for my legs after back-to-back very hilly 5Ks on Saturday and Sunday.  My race reports with the photos are on the main page somewhere.  The Mustache Dache on Saturday was very fun, lots of folks in costume, lots of them wearing imaginative mustaches, lots of post race goodies, including beer, canned and draft.  Pretty good football weekend for me too, my university football team became bowl eligible and most of the college teams I like won their games.   The only bad part of the weekend was the NFL, Houston Texans blew it yet again - 9 straight losses now - the Damn Dallas Cowboys won, and those idiot Denver Broncos lost in overtime on a very stupid play to the Damn New England Patriots.   Today at lunch I went and got my packet for my Turkey Trot on Thursday.  Nice shirt.  I only work 2 days this week.  After tomorrow, I am off until Monday.   Nice to work for a university in the holiday season!

Good luck with the 6 miles, Damaris.  Please send some of your warm weather our way....29 freakin' degrees was our low this morning.  I hate cold weather!

Basya, good luck with your hilly miles.   Maybe you could do your abs and pushups along the way.  Like the Army.  I go to Fort Sam Houston and run and sometimes I see the Army folks are running too when I'm out there...they run for a bit and then stop at these 'exercise stations" and do a series of those, and then are up and running again.   Then repeat..and repeat..and repeat...this goes on for a while.  Is that  a good thing, interspersing those type of exercises in-between your running sessions?  I don't know..all I know is they make me very tired when I watch them doing this, lol.

You will get the right combination, Kristin, after you experiment for a while.  When I lived in Ohio, one of the college running coaches there advised me to dress like it's 10 degrees warmer than the actual temp cuz that's about how you will feel after you start running.   So I've always kinda used that as a loose general rule and it has worked for me.  Keep at it, you'll get there.

Somebody that was near me wouldn't stop farting. Maybe he thought you looked cold and was trying to help warm you up.

Way to accommodate Rocky, FreeSoul.  The things we do for those we love!  Joking   Sounds like y'all had an enjoyable run though, even if it was what you consider sluggish. Good luck with your upcoming race!

Tempo run on a treadmill was nice, Andrew?  You have a lot more patience than I do, lol.  Wow, your gym sounds like it does not have very much equipment for as many patrons as it has...only 4 TMs and 4 bikes for 1,000 people!  How long do you usually have to wait to use equipment?

Good luck with the nonstop conferences and training, Zelanie!  You sleeping at work for the next couple days?

Happy core and body work, Oski!

I do pushups before I run to warm up my upper body!  It seems to make my core tighter during the run and it's easier to keep my shoulders straight.  But I wouldn't want to stop in the middle to do more pushups; that seems likely to disrupt aerobic development, right?   Best to do one thing at a time.

As a side note, wish me luck, because I am having a pushup contest with my dad for his birthday this year.  Both of us are injured so our usual 100m birthday dash it out of the question, but pushups are possible.  He is going to DESTROY me, but at least it will make him feel better about his torn meniscus (not because of running, it was tennis).  I know I should practice pushups more than twice or thrice a week, but honestly I got pretty dang bored of them when I did them daily while injured so eff it.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

LRB

I think I got you beat.  I ate peppermint bark, a cupcake and two bags of Doritos Cool Ranch.  Good thing I have a marathon this weekend.

It is easy to beat me, I rarely if ever eat any of those things.  That is why they flipped out.

Baboon

delicate flower

5:30 and I am still at work.  OMG IT IS SO LATE!

And this is why I ran in the morning today.  Through the fart smell.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi from Zion. Life is good...

Robert, terrific 2.1.

scottydawg, bravo on both 5Ks.

Shari, enjoy kyukido.

scappodaqui, good luck with the push-up contest.

Jack, great photo!

I'm on my way to the gym. Gah. I need to caffeinated because, in addition to the run, I need to stay up enough to trace an cut some sweet white 100% cotton for a men's shirt.

Hip Redux

I loved Zion.  Have you been to Bryce?   Such a beautiful part of the country.

LRB

Dude, you look ten feet tall!  lol

LRB

Just got in.  It is so flippin' cold and windy outside that I am having serious reservations about running in that **** tomorrow morning.  The problem with that though is, I am less excited about running on the treadmill.  Fark!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Love that pic!

6 miles done.  Very strong run.  No pain, tape is still in place.  If only getting those mothers out would be this easy.

Anywho, since my pace with hubby had me running at 124HR and 14mm, I thought 151HR today was nothing, RIGHT?  I mean, if I am running 2-3 times a week with hubby at slow pace, doing the rest at moderate instead of easy might be better.  Thoughts?

Damaris

LRB

I mean, if I am running 2-3 times a week with hubby at slow pace, doing the rest at moderate instead of easy might be better. Thoughts?

For me, I am either running easy, or doing speed work.  I do not run at a moderate effort that often, but if I did, I would likely treat it as a quality run.

If I ran six days a week, and three of those runs were two minutes per mile slower than my easy pace, I would not run at a moderate pace the other three days.  Maybe twice at the most, like Tuesday and Saturday, but not all three.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

For me, I am either running easy, or doing speed work.  I do not run at a moderate effort that often, but if I did, I would likely treat it as a quality run.

If I ran six days a week, and three of those runs were two minutes per mile slower than my easy pace, I would not run at a moderate pace the other three days.  Maybe twice at the most, like Tuesday and Saturday, but not all three.

Yed, I didn't mean all three runs but some of the rest pf the runs, whenever I feel I can.  Since I have no plan, I want to do

something other than easy all the time.

Damaris