Beginners and Beyond

Petulant TuesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

delicate flower

So I'm on the construction site of a Dick's Sporting Goods being built, and somehow, I end up walking through an ankle deep mud pit, where the mud was so dense, it sucked one of my fuckin boots off! OF COURSE, my bootless foot landed in the mud before I realized what happened. So now I'm standing there, on one leg, without a boot, wearing a mud soaked sock and holding an iPad! I almost fell over twice but for the love of strength work, I was able to maintain my balance on said leg, pull the sock off, retrieve my boot and put it back on geezus.

Oh, and yes there was an audience!

"Hey Chucko, that doesn't smell like mud."

<3

LRB

"Hey Chucko, that doesn't smell like mud."

lol

And thanks to a nearby Target, I now have two socks again. What an adventure!

LRB

For those who don't know, Runner's World is replacing Running Times, much to the chagrin of Running Times loyalists. Present company included.

Well, The March issue of Runner's World came in the mail today, and the cover looks great. There is even a nine page spread about the Olympic Trials and the runners competing in them, which is also great...

except, the trials were TEN DAYS AGO!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

For those who don't know, Runner's World is replacing Running Times, much to the chagrin of Running Times loyalists. Present company included.

Well, The March issue of Runner's World came in the mail today, and the cover looks great. There is even a nine page spread about the Olympic Trials and the runners competing in them, which is also great...

What do you mean, "replacing?" Is Running TImes going out of business or were they bought out?  I got my RW two weeks ago. It's just ok, but I like some of the articles, like the one about the old timer who keeps track of stats.  I do get tired of all the "shoe previews."

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, at least it wasn't concrete.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What do you mean, "replacing?" Is Running TImes going out of business or were they bought out?  I got my RW two weeks ago. It's just ok, but I like some of the articles, like the one about the old timer who keeps track of stats.  I do get tired of all the "shoe previews."

RT is going out of business, yes.

Damaris

LRB

I just wasted 500 calories on a bag of Cheeze Its and a bottle of Gatorade ffs. Water just isn't doing it these days!

LRB

LRB, at least it wasn't concrete.

Hilarious!

delicate flower

I just wasted 500 calories on a bag of Cheeze Its and a bottle of Gatorade ffs. Water just isn't doing it these days!

Cheez-It calories are never a waste.

<3

DavePNW

I do get tired of all the "shoe previews."

FFS yes.

Dave

No more marathons

I was pleasantly surprised at my noon run today.  Expected a second day of DOMS from the Sunday race, but legs actually felt OK.

Temps in the low 40's and a bit of rain.  5 miles today - I'd like to get in some 400's tomorrow or Thursday but will probably wimp out.

LRB - love the boots.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I was pleasantly surprised at my noon run today.  Expected a second day of DOMS from the Sunday race, but legs actually felt OK.

Temps in the low 40's and a bit of rain.  5 miles today - I'd like to get in some 400's tomorrow or Thursday but will probably wimp out.

LRB - love the boots.

You might be knee deep in snow by Thursday, so I vote tomorrow!

LRB

Cheez-It calories are never a waste.

Someone else said that too!

onemile

I ran 9 with 2x15 minutes tempo (with each interval 1/2 marathon pace on the first 5 minutes, a little faster on the second 5 minutes, 10k pace on last 5 minutes)

No more marathons

Yeah, my "replacement for running times" just came today.  WTF - they can keep that rag.  I liked running times but RW just seems to recycle the same tired old stuff.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!