Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

happylily

You don't get it, guys. Cy and I are pigheaded as hell. it's in our genes.. 

Cy, get yourself an appointment at the Concordia PT clinic in NDG. They treat the Habs. They're a great team. I would trust them. They're not like my little clinic here in Beloeil.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

You don't get it, guys. Cy and I are pigheaded as hell. it's in our genes.. 

Considering you guys pay for a socialized health care system, I would have thought you'd want to get your money's worth.  

happylily

Considering you guys pay for a socialized health care system, I would have thought you'd want to get your money's worth.  

Here, you can have a heart repaired and give birth to as many babies as you want in a hospital for free. You don't have to sign anything, no invoices to submit, you just show your card, you're in. The downside to this is that many of our doctors lack in work ethics and motivation  Aside from my cardiologist and my first obstetrician, I've never had a doctor that I liked here. And things like PTs are not covered, unless you have private insurance through your company (I don't). But Cy probably does. Really, it's just that it's ingrained in us to fear going to any sort of medical clinic, because we might not come out alive of it.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Because physical therapy is often a cheaper alternative to surgery, there's been a big push to have PT work covered more extensively than it is (my therapist was on the board lobbying here in CT for this).  It can be a big cost savings in the grand scheme of rehab someone back from injury or illness, so that's too bad it's not covered.   But yes, it would be bad to die over a hamstring pull.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Here, you can have a heart repaired and give birth to as many babies as you want in a hospital for free. You don't have to sign anything, no invoices to submit, you just show your card, you're in. The downside to this is that many of our doctors lack in work ethics and motivation  Aside from my cardiologist and my first obstetrician, I've never had a doctor that I liked here. And things like PTs are not covered, unless you have private insurance through your company (I don't). But Cy probably does. Really, it's just that it's ingrained in us to fear going to any sort of medical clinic, because we might not come out alive of it.

You are assuming the ones down here have any work ethics or motivation.  Well, money is a big motivator which conflicts with the work ethics.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And don't let Marjorie here you talk shit about PTs, as she is a damn good one.

Damaris

Cyberic

I play (played) music. What is the more sensed way to get better? Take some lessons, right? Right. What did I do? Did not take lessons. I'm thick headed like that. So yes, a (good) PT makes sense, as taking music lessons does, and I have many more examples of things I do my way. I'm not right, I'm wrong, but that is what I do.

I have private insurance with my company that pays 90% of my medical bills, but for this kind of treatment, the limit is 35$ (I get 90% of 35$ back) for a yearly limit of I don't know, as I never took the time to look it up.  So it's not free for me either.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh, hello again fellow sufferers! 

I've had a top of the foot issue for the past 3 months.  I'm taking more weeks off again.  Ugh.

Running is dumb.

onemile

Oh, hello again fellow sufferers! 

I've had a top of the foot issue for the past 3 months.  I'm taking more weeks off again.  Ugh.

That sucks. Neuroma?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That sucks. Neuroma?

I don't know.  The best I can come up with from Dr. Google is extensor tendonitis.  But it could be a metatarsal or neuroma thing instead.  Beats me.

Running is dumb.

onemile

I don't know.  The best I can come up with from Dr. Google is extensor tendonitis.  But it could be a metatarsal or neuroma thing instead.  Beats me.

Maybe the lord wants you to be a cyclist. 

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi, injury gang!!  I'm still here, and July 4 will mark 3 years of basically no running for me due to the most stubborn case of runner's knee of all time.  I just had my 6th PT appointment (joining in on the PT discussion), I go every two weeks because it's pricey and because it makes me get to work at 11:00 instead of 9:00.  But I've gone from every single step (walking, mind you) feeling like someone was stabbing carving knives into my knees to no pain in my left knee, manageable pain in my right knee.  I have a leg/hip/glute routine that I do every weekday (because I'm lazy on weekends) and while I'm not fixed, I'm better.  Much, much better!  So I'm not ready to tear down the posters and repaint the room I currently inhabit here on the DL, but I am starting to consider the possibility that someday I might move out.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Hip Redux

Thought you guys might appreciate this Big grin

LRB

lmao - I know that's right!

LRB

That reminds me of the time when I met Betty in October 2013. I was still planning to run Detroit which was like 10 days away with a dislodged and inflamed SI joint, FFS.