Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

Hip Redux

That's great nova!  You seem in good spirits. Smile

My last two runs - gasp - were almost entirely painfree.  I've been a little hesitant to say anything for fear of jinxing myself.   This adductor injury has seemed like it was turning the corner a few times so I didn't want to jump to cheering just yet, but after having run after miserable run, the last two were OMG YAY! types.

Singer who runs a smidge

Oski, I'm cheering just a little bit very quietly for you!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

That's great (knock-on-wood), Oski!

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Singer who runs a smidge

I got a script for another run of anti-inflammatory.  Between that, squats, clamshells, stretches, glucosamine, icing, patella straps, and weekly self-hypnosis (don't knock it, it helps), I think I can get back on the road.  I know what I need to change in my gait, and I'm hoping that the continuing strength training and gait change will knock out the runner's knee by the time the diclofenac runs out!  (Crosses fingers ...)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Pinktastic

I got a script for another run of anti-inflammatory.  Between that, squats, clamshells, stretches, glucosamine, icing, patella straps, and weekly self-hypnosis (don't knock it, it helps), I think I can get back on the road.  I know what I need to change in my gait, and I'm hoping that the continuing strength training and gait change will knock out the runner's knee by the time the diclofenac runs out!  (Crosses fingers ...)

Good luck!   I'll cross my fingers for you as well!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

and weekly self-hypnosis

How does that work?

Singer who runs a smidge

I feel like a doofus even admitting it.  I'm a scientist, for crying out loud!    But I do believe in the mind-body connection, so I bought an audiobook ...

LRB

I feel like a doofus even admitting it.  I'm a scientist, for crying out loud!    But I do believe in the mind-body connection, so I bought an audiobook ...

Girl there's nothing wrong with that, when you're injured you pull out all the stops because carrying a lucky rabbits foot (for all you youngsters yes they used to sell those) or praying to the "Running Gods" only gets you so far!

bluerun

Super B****

The running gods are vengeful.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Singer who runs a smidge

And capricious.  You never know if your sacrifice is going to appease them or annoy the crap out of them.

bluerun

Super B****

I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO SACRIFICE!!!!

chasing the impossible

Singer who runs a smidge

Clearly you have annoyed the crap out of them.

Maybe it's time to offer two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree, in the dark of the moon, with an obsidian axe.

Wait, that's in a couple of months.

I guess right now it would be a fresh goblin-child ...

Hip Redux

I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO SACRIFICE!!!!

Still ITBS stuff?

I know nothing about self-hypnosis, but when I was playing sports competitively one of the things we used to do was 'visualize' the game, the plays, etc ahead of time.   Once you get into that habit, I really think it helps mentally which translates into physical help.  Every night before I fall asleep, I visualize what I am going to do for a workout the next day, how I'm going to perform, etc.  It's just sort of second nature now and I don't even really consciously think to do it.

bluerun

Super B****

Clearly you have annoyed the crap out of them.

Maybe it's time to offer two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree, in the dark of the moon, with an obsidian axe.

Wait, that's in a couple of months.

I guess right now it would be a fresh goblin-child ...

I don't have any of that, either...

Oski, it's schizophrenic now.  My knee hurt after a run on Sunday, but then it went away after a few hours.  It felt tight for a couple of miles on Monday, then all of a sudden it just... vanished, and it has felt fine since.  Which I wouldn't complain about if I knew that it would just STAY away.  In exchange, my pelvis is being weird again.  (It's pretty hard to get a sfx on the mileage I've been running lately, so it's probably just my brain freaking me out that it's a "compensation injury."  Lobotomy, please?)

chasing the impossible

Hip Redux

OK, that's strange.  But good?   Maybe?

I was having all sorts of ITB problems and I finally felt it release while rolling one evening (after like 10 days straight of rolling every night!).  Now it's a knot and even that has started to loosen up.  My usual graston -type stuff did not touch it though!

The lobotomy might double as your sacrifice to the injury gods, just a suggestion lol