Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I know, I was shocked when I learned about that!  My old plan didn't cover acupuncture at all.  Though it did cover my sports dietitian, and this one doesn't, so... tradeoff?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

I'd be happy with something less than $45 copays for PT.   As it is, it's probably $1200+ this year in that alone!  FML.

bluerun

Super B****

For some reason, the place where I go for PT charges me a $25 copay... my old PT charged me $40.  I have no idea why, but I'm not asking questions.  But it still hurts, since I pretty much live there.  (An FSA card makes me feel like I'm lessening the pain since I don't actually get a bill because that money's already been "taken" from me!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I'd be happy with something less than $45 copays for PT.   As it is, it's probably $1200+ this year in that alone!  FML.

Wow, you ought to get a volume discount. I'm surprised you haven't had to go all Walter White to pay your PT bills. (Or have you?...you do have the chemistry background....)

Mine is $40, I was really choking on that for my few weeks of PT. After a while I just said yeah I'm all better can I please be done now.

Dave

Hip Redux

Wow, you ought to get a volume discount. I'm surprised you haven't had to go all Walter White to pay your PT bills. (Or have you?...you do have the chemistry background....)

Mine is $40, I was really choking on that for my few weeks of PT. After a while I just said yeah I'm all better can I please be done now.

Oh yeah, I can make up a good batch of meth.  (If the gov't is listening, I'm kidding.  I swear.)

I was in PT for 6 weeks in the winter, and another 8 weeks this time around.  So with an average of 2x/week, that's ~24 visits at $45.... and I really wish I hadn't done the math.

DavePNW

Oh yeah, I can make up a good batch of meth.  (If the gov't is listening, I'm kidding.  I swear.)

I was in PT for 6 weeks in the winter, and another 8 weeks this time around.  So with an average of 2x/week, that's ~24 visits at $45.... and I really wish I had done the meth.

FYP.

Dave

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Dang.  I get 40 visits to PT over the course of a year with no co-pay.  Of course, PT didn't help me at all.  But the $35 per visit chiro did.  Yeah, I racked up quite a bill there.  We were practically BFFs toward the end.  Roll eyes

Running is dumb.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Dang.  I get 40 visits to PT over the course of a year with no co-pay.  Of course, PT didn't help me at all.  But the $35 per visit chiro did.  Yeah, I racked up quite a bill there.  We were practically BFFs toward the end.  Roll eyes

Same here.  With my chiro, I have to pay per visit until my deductible is met.  Then my

Dave, that really sucks about the meniscus tear!

LRB

Same here.  With my chiro, I have to pay per visit until my deductible is met. 

It is weird how different insurances are.  I get 24 visits to the chiro per year (which is about 24 too many what with all that neck cracking shit going on), with no co-pay.  My PT visits on the other hand are on me until my billion dollar deductible is met, at which point I pay 20% co-insurance until my million dollar spend down is met.

In my case the chiro visits were useless, but my PT sessions were a God send.

DavePNW

So at risk of jinxing myself, things have been a bit better. I just finished my 2nd straight 20+ mile week, which I haven't done since the injury first came up. Ran 10.1 today & felt great, my first double-digit run since my last marathon in early June. (Had to do something to commemorate my DNS of today's Detroit Marathon...and we had effing PERFECT weather for it.) Not sure what to make of it. I had my cortisone shot on Monday, but this started the week before that. Still feel a little pain later in the runs, but not always, and hasn't been enough to make me stop. Still avoiding running consecutive days, so doing ~3x/wk. Trying to keep from getting too excited, and from thinking I can go ahead & really ramp up the mileage, because I have had positive signals then relapses before. But I guess will enjoy it while it lasts.

Dave

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

So at risk of jinxing myself, things have been a bit better. I just finished my 2nd straight 20+ mile week, which I haven't done since the injury first came up. Ran 10.1 today & felt great, my first double-digit run since my last marathon in early June. (Had to do something to commemorate my DNS of today's Detroit Marathon...and we had effing PERFECT weather for it.) Not sure what to make of it. I had my cortisone shot on Monday, but this started the week before that. Still feel a little pain later in the runs, but not always, and hasn't been enough to make me stop. Still avoiding running consecutive days, so doing ~3x/wk. Trying to keep from getting too excited, and from thinking I can go ahead & really ramp up the mileage, because I have had positive signals then relapses before. But I guess will enjoy it while it lasts.

Wow, 20-+miles on 3 runs per week?  Impressive!  I just hit 16 this week... I'm also running every other day, and cycling or swimming or lifting on the other days.  Here's to our continued good health.  What do you do on the non-running days?

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

DavePNW

Wow, 20-+miles on 3 runs per week?  Impressive!  I just hit 16 this week... I'm also running every other day, and cycling or swimming or lifting on the other days.  Here's to our continued good health.  What do you do on the non-running days?

Yoga 2-3x/wk. Namaste.

Glad to hear things are going well for you, good luck & keep it up!

Dave

obiebyke

I feel like I should admit my injury by checking in here. I haven't run since last Wednesday due to what I think is a pulled calf. It's getting better, but it's still tight when do self massage. At least I can walk without limping now! I did 2 days of ice, 2 days of heat, elevation, rest (I also have a cold). I'm thinking a foam roller purchase is in order.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Hip Redux

I'm so happy some of my peeps are getting back to running.  Big grin

Obiebyke- yes, foam roller!  Definitely worth the investment.  Hope that calf heals up!

obiebyke

I picked up a foam roller on my way home from work and already gave it a try. Man! That thing hurts! In a good way. Definitely a good investment, Oski.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)