Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

LRB

Ok, I am now the poster child for never taking anti-inflammatories.

I had a five day supply of prednisone, but checked out after the second day.  For what I had, it was simply prolonging the inevitable.  Something i knew when I asked for it, but I was desperate at the time.

Good news on the knee!

Hip Redux

I will never take oral pred ever again.  OMG, made me insane.

LRB

I will never take oral pred ever again.  OMG, made me insane.

I could handle it (barely), I just thought that is was doing more masking than anything.  I did feel as though I was in suspended animation while on it though.  It definitely had an effect on me.

Singer who runs a smidge

Presumably I only have one more day of prednisone left, assuming my doc doesn't extend it.  I'm peeling in places now, in the crooks of my elbows and my wrists.  It's sort of funny-looking.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

I'm peeling in places now, in the crooks of my elbows and my wrists.  It's sort of funny-looking.

It is funny until your ear falls off:

If you are even old enough to get the reference that is.  :-)

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm 41, but sort of geeky, so I don't get the reference.  Blush

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

I'm 41, but sort of geeky, so I don't get the reference.  Blush

Geeky is cool!

It is from the movie The Fly.  Which for its time (1986), was a great flick.

Singer who runs a smidge

That was the Jeff Goldblum remake, yes?

LRB

That was the Jeff Goldblum remake, yes?

Yes, with Geena Davis.  They had some kind of Chemistry...I wonder how corny that thing looks these days though.  I know back then we all loved it!

Yes, with Geena Davis.  They had some kind of Chemistry...I wonder how corny that thing looks these days though.  I know back then we all loved it!

+1000. I thought that movie was awesome. But probably best not to go back & watch it again.

Dave

LRB

+1000. I thought that movie was awesome. But probably best not to go back & watch it again.

Hmm, now I am curious.  I actually still watch Little Shop of Horrors from back then, the one with the Steve Martin skit, and it still rocks!

Hmm, now I am curious.  I actually still watch Little Shop of Horrors from back then, the one with the Steve Martin skit, and it still rocks!

BTW, in our house we refer to the condition of re-watching a movie you thought was super-cool in your youth, and finding it to be ridiculously cheesy, thereby destroying your fond memories of it, as "Planet of the Apes Syndrome". See if you can guess why.

Dave

happylily

Geena and Jeff were married for a couple of years after that. Yes, there was excellent chemistry between the two. They were both very attractive in their respective roles (less so for him when he started transforming, though. Big grin). Last week, I happened to watch the sequel (The Fly 2). Their son grows up in a lab and... wait for this... eventually transforms into a fly too! What are the odds of that? It was painful to watch and made me ashamed I grew up in the 80s...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

But I'm almost completely healed, so I shouldn't be here. Sorry about that. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

But I'm almost completely healed, so I shouldn't be here. Sorry about that. Big grin

I honestly forgot which thread this was.

Dave