Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thank you guys. I really appreciate it. I have good days and bad days (mentally and physically) and yesterday was a bad one. I know I need to be aware of the bigger picture. I need to take it slow and listen to my body and whatever that means for the races I have planned then so be it. If it means walking races or DNSing some altogether then that's what it means and I need to accept that.

In reference to the orthotics/insoles I've tried several. I've had them remodified. I've tried breaking them in and wearing them for just a little while at work. I've tried several different kinds. I can't even walk in them. I can't. I'm going to try Superfeet tomorrow when I get new shoes but I'm pretty much done wasting money on these things after that. The pain my foot feels while walking on anything that has rigid arch support- customized to my foot or not- causes more pain than I felt walking on my foot while injured. Not sure the solution but continuing to throw away my money trying everything out there I do not think is it.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Not sure the solution but continuing to throw away my money trying everything out there I do not think is it.

Find a shoe that is built so you do not need orthotics?  I ran a billion miles in the Kayano with the factory insoles, but could not do that with any other shoe.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Find a shoe that is built so you do not need orthotics?  I ran a billion miles in the Kayano with the factory insoles, but could not do that with any other shoe.

You mean like a stability shoe? Because I have a theory that running with too much stability contributed to my injury.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

LRB

You mean like a stability shoe?

No, a shoe for you.  Be it neutral, stability, cushioned or motion control.  There are shoes out there designed specifically to solve some of the problems runners face without using aftermarket products in them.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

No, a shoe for you.  Be it neutral, stability, cushioned or motion control.  There are shoes out there designed specifically to solve some of the problems runners face without using aftermarket products in them.

I will ask tomorrow at the store Smile

Hip Redux

Definitely think of it as a long term process, Kristin.   Is what you are doing now going to help you get to the end of the year healthy, sort of thing.  It can be tough, especially because race timing doesn't always line up with where we are post-recovery!

I'm starting to get more hip/groin pain than I had been in the last few weeks.  I have (another) follow up with the ortho the first week of Feb.  I'm so ready to be over with worrying about this!

And I don't want to hear anyone complain about what they pay for PT.  I could buy a used car for what I've spent in the last three years. lol

bluerun

Super B****

Definitely think of it as a long term process, Kristin.   Is what you are doing now going to help you get to the end of the year healthy, sort of thing.  It can be tough, especially because race timing doesn't always line up with where we are post-recovery!

I'm starting to get more hip/groin pain than I had been in the last few weeks.  I have (another) follow up with the ortho the first week of Feb.  I'm so ready to be over with worrying about this!

And I don't want to hear anyone complain about what they pay for PT.  I could buy a used car for what I've spent in the last three years. lol

I actually like paying for PT.  Because if I use all of my allotted annual visits, sure, it will cost me a couple thousand bucks… but my insurance company will have to pay ten times that.  And I LOVE making them pay for things!!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

nice lol

So my PT out of pocket would be $65, since I go to the teaching school.  With insurance is $45.  I feel like I'm getting the short end of the deal!

LRB

Yeah my insurance was jacked up and whacked up.  With co-insurance and deductibles I paid 1200 bucks out of pocket!

Or, I should say I am still paying on that $1,200.  No way in hell I was giving up that kind of chedda all at once for some damn Myrtle exercises.

Nevrgivup

Guess I shouldn't complain of my $20 copay?

So I'm going a bit stir crazy at home today. I cannot wait to start doing something soon. Monday I have my f/u and than I will get the green light to exercise. I probably will do PT just to get out of the house. There is only so much reading, t.v. watching, and internet browsing one can do. Guess its a good thing that I'm stuck inside in the winter though.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I get 40 visits of PT in a calendar year with NO CO-PAY!  Holy crap, I would be broke if I had to pay to go PT every time after surgery.

Running is dumb.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I always love the "floating" co pays.  When they're not even sure WHAT you're supposed to pay.  "Um, I think you're $20, aren't you?"  

I've paid like 3 different amounts before, one of those amounts being ZERO because I let them be stupid & forget to collect my copay.

On a serious note......I got my BUTT KICKED yesterday with some kind of bug.  I don't know what the deal was, but I had worked out (weights) on Wednesday, then woke up yesterday a little achey & just extremely tired.  As the day wore on I knew I was getting hit with something.  By the time I got home all I could do was crawl into bed.  Woke up at 1am and again at 4am in a pool of sweat!!  Finally about 5am I started feeling a little better & again, I have no idea what it was but it definitely left.  (still feeling a little groggy today but the body aches are gone)

Whew!!....Not cool! 

Randy

LRB

I get 40 visits of PT in a calendar year with NO CO-PAY! 

Now that's WTF I'm talking about!

Randy, a pool of sweat?  That makes me cold for some reason.  Probably because it's freezing ****** here!  lol

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

The $50 copay may not be as bad as others but that prohibits me from being able to do it on any kind of regularity (my doctor didn't even refer me to it this time though). The PT evaluation I REALLY want at the PT clinic with a special program just for runner rehab doesn't even accept insurance though 

Will run for scenery.

nice lol

So my PT out of pocket would be $65, since I go to the teaching school.  With insurance is $45.  I feel like I'm getting the short end of the deal!

No, in order for the insurance company to process the $20 they're  covering, they have to spend at least $50 in paperwork and overhead. So you definitely come out ahead.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!