Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch.  Hope it feels better.  That's not the psoas, right, but rather below it?

So the PT diagnosed me with tendonitis/inflammation in the groin - likely the tendon that attaches the adductor to the pubic bone.

She said running low mileage is OK and to keep icing.   I'm going to get some "friction massage" the next session on Monday.  Sounds.... painful.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Ouch.  Hope it feels better.  That's not the psoas, right, but rather below it?

Psoas is more up by the hip flexor (I had an unhappy psoas once - YOWCH!).  This is literally my crotch. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mine is always angry (psoas).  If not for my massage therapist, I don't know how many marathons I would be able to complete!

Feel better!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hubby was going to run tonight but he woke up with worse shin pain.  So maybe in a couple of days!

Damaris

Hip Redux

Hubby was going to run tonight but he woke up with worse shin pain.  So maybe in a couple of days!

Is it both shins?  Poor guy!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

One shin but the other gave him problems yesterday.

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

One shin but the other gave him problems yesterday.

Which part of the shins? Pic?

bluerun

Super B****

Psoas is more up by the hip flexor (I had an unhappy psoas once - YOWCH!).  This is literally my crotch. lol

Yep, that sounds pretty much like what I was dealing with.  I had that massage.  It hurt like a bitch.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No pics, but it is the lower shin, inside.

Which part of the shins? Pic?

Damaris

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mine isn't in the hip.  It's definitely related to the pubic bone - either another sfx or a stress reaction, or something to do with the muscles that attach there.

My pain isn't in the hip either.  It's deep in my groin area.  Feels like it's in the socket/joint.   Just throwing it out there as a possible thing to think about if you don't heal.

Oski, I hope you just have tendinitis!  That's what I was originally diagnosed with (adductor tendinitis.)  ART/Graston/chiro stuff helped for a brief time.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

No pics, but it is the lower shin, inside.

Like the posterial tibial tendonitis area?  It's sort of right above the ankle, inner shin pain.

Hip Redux

Oski, I hope you just have tendinitis!  That's what I was originally diagnosed with (adductor tendinitis.)  ART/Graston/chiro stuff helped for a brief time.

After reading up on the other options, I hope so too!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sort of.  But upper shin too.  I don't think he has been able to pinpoint the painful area at all.

Like the posterial tibial tendonitis area?  It's sort of right above the ankle, inner shin pain.

Damaris

nolamama

CQTM

Sort of.  But upper shin too.  I don't think he has been able to pinpoint the painful area at all.

I'm dealing with the worst shin pain right now. I tried running through it but it just got worse, imagine that. If he runs his fingers up and down the inner part of the shin bone, can he pinpoint an area then? I have about 2 inches where it is extremely tender and now my whole inner ankle is hurting. Blah.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

He did that and like you, made the pain worse.  Two days ago it was fine, then yesterday he woke up with it hurting.  So, we'll see today.  Every day is different.

Damaris