Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins (Read 20 times)

Zelanie

Ginny- Sounds like a nice run overall, except that must have been frustrating to be finally done and just have to sit there and wait!

I got in a dog walk and a run today. Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Have a great RocknRoll, Docket !!!

42*, rainy and windy this morning.  Not looking good for a LR. We will try for 5, possibly on the track.  Glad we didn't sign up for a race.

PADRunner

Good luck D!

GinnyinPA

Mitch - I did the HH intermediate 2 plan from the website.  I liked it.  I added some miles in the beginning, but pretty much stuck to the plan later.

D - did you see that a 92 year old woman was at SD, planning to be the oldest woman to complete a marathon?

Jerry - that's chilly!  I hope you get a run in later.  We're supposed to get bad thunderstorms later, but the rain all seems to be well to the north so far.

Z - good job on the early walk and run.  Did your pup run with you?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2:14 half for Docket...Looking good Smile

Correction:  That was an estimate.  10K was 1:03.

on my way to badass

Go Docket!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Zelanie

Ginny- Wrong time zone- that was an afternoon dog walk followed by an evening run.  But I did get out and get my 6 in today already.  It was getting hot already, and I was tired.  I think that was mostly the lack of caffeine, though.  I'm mostly fine, a week out, but do definitely notice a slump mid-morning, which is right when I was trying to run.

Somebody had written "this way for the unknown" in chalk on the path, with an arrow.   I went that way. Smile

Hoping Damaris is having a  great day!

hog4life

I seen on FB where Damaris had a solid race, finished in 4:40 something.

From the Internet.

Yesterday consisted of 12 miles on 4 hours of sleep, soccer game with the kid, a much-needed 2 hour nap, and then off to tailgating and concert with my mom and her concert friends! Fun day but very very long, I slept like a rock when I finally got home and didn't roll out of bed until 11 this morning - very much appreciated rest day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!  Second half was hillier but I wasn't shooting for a PR. Strong race even with the hill from hell that lasted almost 2 miles.

Damaris

Zelanie

Nice, D!  Congrats!

on my way to badass

Nice job D!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

GinnyinPA

D - congratulations!  Did the asthma behave?

Z - good job on the caffeine free life.  Is it helping your stomach issues?

Lauren - busy weekend!  What was the concert with your mother?

I did eight on the TM.  Kind of a slog, but I did what I intended.  I am definitely in a slump with my running.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, it behaved but I was running at a slower pace (somewhere close to GA effort) so I don't get many issues at that effort. And I needed that after Paris.

Damaris

Zelanie

Ginny- Things are definitely better, although not 100% resolved.  Can't tell if that's because I've been running less, though.  I told DH this morning that I need to run lots between now and my follow-up appointment in a couple of weeks.   I am sure that your mojo will come back, and come back with a vengeance!