Beginners and Beyond

Thread for People Who Are P****d Off and Just Want to Rant a Little (Read 153 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Only what is needed to keep me from being arrested for public indecency ... except there was this trail run.....

Um...do you not normally wear clothes when you go out for a run?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Julie does! 

I see that you do not know FS well... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

happylily

Julie does! 

Yes I do! FS is our pretty little nymph.  

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

In other news, yet another Marlboro Man has died of smoking related illness.

"Eric Lawson, who died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (or COPD) on Jan. 10, was one of many models and actors who portrayed the rugged "Marlboro Man" over the course of the ad campaign. that began in the early 50s.

Others include David Millar, who died of emphysema in 1987, and David McLean, who died of lung cancer in 1995."

Now that's a strong ass cigarette!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Only what is needed to keep me from being arrested for public indecency ... except there was this trail run.....

You will like Miami.  Everybody is naked all year long. 

Wait, I plea the 5th.

Damaris

I have to wait seven weeks until I leave for Israel and start carb-loading, Israeli style. The food alone is enough to make me consider emigrating.

bluerun

Super B****

I have to wait seven weeks until I leave for Israel and start carb-loading, Israeli style. The food alone is enough to make me consider emigrating.

You should have done Tel Aviv.  I get to leave in four weeks. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Someday, bluerun.

From the Internet.

So sick of winter D: Just checked the forecast for tomorrow and I'd actually be better off running sometime between now and 2 AM than waking up in the morning and running at 6 as planned. Stupid cold.

Oh, and I lost my university ID so I need to either find that sucker ASAP or pay $20 for a new one tomorrow. I can beg, borrow, and steal other peoples' IDs to get into the places I need to go for work purposes, but need my own for the gym!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That is the only reason I would love to come there, I could go roller blading along the beach in my bikini during the afternoon, run in nothing but shorts, sports bra and shoes in the morning. I've always wanted to roller blade in my bikini..... but here I would probably get some strange looks as I would be the only one.

You will like Miami.  Everybody is naked all year long. 

Wait, I plea the 5th.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, it sucks that the best or least coldest time to run is between midnight and 2 AM here....... but I don't want to get up until 4 AM.

So sick of winter D: Just checked the forecast for tomorrow and I'd actually be better off running sometime between now and 2 AM than waking up in the morning and running at 6 as planned. Stupid cold.

Oh, and I lost my university ID so I need to either find that sucker ASAP or pay $20 for a new one tomorrow. I can beg, borrow, and steal other peoples' IDs to get into the places I need to go for work purposes, but need my own for the gym!

PRs

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

- Andrew

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

What I am pissed about: I've worked for my company for almost 9 years. In my 9 years there I've had the same work ethic - I've kept my head down, chit-chat to a minimum, and just work. I started learning new stuff faster than my peers, and soon I was leading the team in innovation. I ended up being able to write for proposals, one of which I was sequestered for 9 months away from my other co-workers. Lately I've been doing training and mentoring of newer employees. I really like what I do even though sometimes I need to work nights or weekends. It's just part of the gig.

Since I've started working there I've had about 4 different direct supervisors. My latest one has been in a related field for a number of years, but not directly in my line of work. I didn't let it bother me too much until I had my annual performance review. I'm coming in showing leadership, mentoring, innovation and generally being a good role model for other employees. They give me a below average review. I just about lost it.

I started reading his review of me, and 9/10th of it was from my self assessment, and the other 1/10th is stuff he could easily quantify. I told him as much, and I told him it was a poor representation of my year and he obviously missed what actually went on. In my field we assign ourselves work, so he's not really involved in giving me stuff to do. That totally played against me here because he had no idea what I did. I keep my head down - I only ask for help from him when I would need it. Let me tell you it was pretty rare. Can I guess who probably got above average (because we do have to average to, well, an average) review? The people who go in to his office and gab with him and tell him what a great job they're doing. So the people who sit there and talk his ear off get rewarded, and the people who keep to themselves but help out the team and are just as (or more) productive get screwed.

So you know what the solution is? I told him that I'll start creating a status report and I'll set up monthly one-on-one meetings just so he knows what I'm doing. Because of his inability to determine what I actually do - you know - something he gets paid to do, I get less money in my check. If I wasn't trying to move to a different job I would have ran this right by HR. I'm just waiting to hear on that job and if it falls through I'm still going to send it to them for review.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You should appeal it.  That sucks.

Damaris

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Omg, this just became my new FB profile pic.