Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: Business in the Front, Party in the Back (Read 208 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Lilac - Glad you got good news.

SIAR - It does seem more like a contusion/bruise, though I don't remember slamming it into anything. Of course, my memory is sometimes suspect.

I didn't have time to run before the strength class; afterwards my legs were a bit tired and I was tight on time, so just 4 very easy miles on the TM. Nothing seemed to make the knee hurt more, though I was aware of it both in class and while running. And it doesn't seem changed for better or worse now, so I'll take some ibuprofen for inflammation and continue my planned workouts unless it gets worse or impacts my stride, which it didn't today.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, if you insist! Big grin

Docket...Stop sniffing.  If you want a hug, you need to just say it Smile

Buchy...Thanks!  Everybody loves a complimentary bear haha.  Nice work with your 3 & 3, and congrats on converting to running shorts!  It sounds a little chilly to be out in them, but I'd probably wear them if I were excited about them too.

Kristin101...Wow, that sounds rough.  I'm sorry the rest hasn't been enough for you so far, and I hope you can get in to the doc and get some good answers.

Dave...Thank you.  I was trying to help my mom through a horrible version of the flu for the last 2 weeks and that nearly wore me out, so I really can hardly imagine what it's like for you.  I bet your mom really appreciates it though, so that's what counts the most.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have been home for an hour bored to death.  What to do?  Hmmmm.

Damaris

flarunner

No cold front for you, Missy!  I AM HAVING A COLD FRONT THIS WEEKEND!!

Morning!  SRD # 2 with weights and kickboxing tonight.  Off to Court!

Basya, enjoy your weights and cardio.  Hope they help with your annoyance.

Kay, enjoy Pilates.

Gustav, nice workout.  How's your foot?

Tom, hope you get your run in.

flarunner, hope your progression run goes well.  Did you see the forecast?  NO COLD FRONT IN SIGHT!  Ours is stuck at 82F forever!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Well, if you insist! Big grin

Aww, you're getting soft on me Smile

Step...I run into stuff all the time without knowing it and then later find the "evidence."  I thought that was reserved for older folks, but apparently not.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

TxDiverMom

Afternoon Dailies peeps!

Tried out my new Forerunner 210 this morning that DW was able to score for $55 (including HRM).  One of the better investments that I've made.  I'll wait until I get home tonight to download the data to Garmin Connect.

How the heck did she manage that?  I really want a 210 and I've been scouring sales, both in stores and online.  Usually, I'm pretty good at finding bargains or coupons, etc.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!! Joking

No cold front for you, Missy!  I AM HAVING A COLD FRONT THIS WEEKEND!!

Damaris

delicate flower

Doc says I tore my ACL, but said I can exercise again.  Sooooo, 45 minutes on the elliptical never felt better.  First real sweat lather in two weeks.

<3

Zelanie, AprilRunner, scottydawg, PineGroveDave, Heidi, 

scottydawg, I hope that kitty I all better soon.

Hilary, enjoy swim class.

Sparker1606, rest well.

lilac_jive, great news!

Tom, great wet run.

Kay, that sounds amazing. I love workouts like that.

SIAR, excellent easy/progression run.

buchy2009, you wore shorts while it was 30F and sleeting?

(((kristin10185)))

Weezer, I'm glad that you're enjoying your Garmin.

Shari, nice mix of strength work and running.

Damaris, feel well soon.

I'm doing ab work and crashing early. At least my kids and y'all made me smile.

LRB

Doc says I tore my ACL, but said I can exercise again.  Sooooo, 45 minutes on the elliptical never felt better.  First real sweat lather in two weeks.

WTH?  How do you work out on that?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry to hear that, Phil.

basya, I am fine.  I'm crying (sniff) at something SIAR said.  We have a sniff history.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

baboon glad you're able to exercise. Was it only a partial tear? Because from what I know about torn ACLs is that you can barely stand with one.

So.....bad news......the ortho my doctor wrote me a referral for is booked until MARCH 4TH!!! There is another doctor at the practice that has an opening February 7th but I have to get my PCP to write me a new referral in order to go to that doctor, even though it is the same practice. So, since I need a new referral anyway, I am going to try to shop around and read reviews of orthopedic doctors in my area and try to see if I can find a doctor that both sounds great and has a sooner appointment (that may be like asking for a unicorn, but it's worth a try). i did book the Feb 7th appt though just in case.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

So.....bad news......the ortho my doctor wrote me a referral for is booked until MARCH 4TH!!! There is another doctor at the practice that has an opening February 7th but I have to get my PCP to write me a new referral in order to go to that doctor, even though it is the same practice. So, since I need a new referral anyway, I am going to try to shop around and read reviews of orthopedic doctors in my area and try to see if I can find a doctor that both sounds great and has a sooner appointment (that may be like asking for a unicorn, but it's worth a try). i did book the Feb 7th appt though just in case.

In the meantime, the rest will do you good.

While you're waiting, try to determine if you're an overpronator, because if you are you will need stability shoes.  And to that point, determine the type of shoe you're currently wearing.  They could be a contributing factor to the problem.

Use this time to become a smarter runner, and you just may find the answers you seek before your appointment.  Many of us have done exactly that.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

In the meantime, the rest will do you good.

While you're waiting, try to determine if you're an overpronator, because if you are you will need stability shoes.  And to that point, determine the type of shoe you're currently wearing.  They could be a contributing factor to the problem.

Use this time to become a smarter runner, and you just may find the answers you seek before your appointment.  Many of us have done exactly that.

I am an overpronator. I am in Nike Lunas, which are supposed to be good for that. According to the guy at the LRS who did the evaluation on me in September. They made me custom orthotics too....but I hated them. They kept my arches too high and caused severe foot spasms. I have been meaning to go back and get the orthotics redone, but the store is by my boyfriend's place. He lives 3.5 hours away, and every weekend I've been down there since I have forgotten the damn orthotics. I finally brought them down there last time, but we didn't have a chance to get to the store. But I left them at his place for next time!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

*Lunarglide not Luna