Beginners and Beyond

If you don't have anything good to say, don't say DAILIES (Read 50 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Inspired by yesterday's dailies nods for me to get off the hamster wheel & get my butt outside, I ventured outside last night.  Wind was down to a breeze and about 63-degrees which was about perfect for a solid 4.5.

Heck, even had someone shout to me during mile 4, "You're movin' fast.......REALLY fast!" from their front yard.  This, in the dark under a street light and running about 8:40 pace.  I replied, "Not so much but thanks!"

Still it inspired me to run a little more upright, put a little more spring in my step, relax my shoulders, get my head looking forward and probably best of all......smile.  Hey, at least *someone* thought my running looked like....well....running!  

Great night!  Thanks to the dailies for getting me out the door. 

Randy

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

AM

3 miles easy - pace was normal, but I could feel the workout from yesterday.

Sounds like everyone is having an event filled day.

Rain, sprains, run-dancing (or dance-running), Just sunny and warm here so far (and windy!)

Good morning, dailies:

Rick - rain is wet, way to not fall while dancing on the belt

Basya - 6 if it's nice, 5 otherwise?

D^2 - way to stay on routine

Lily - hooray for the sun

DaveP - thunderstorms on the treadmill

D - enjoy the FE

Free - mmm, turkey.  They are not exactly graceful in the air, haha

Scotty - getting a hair cut?  Why just one hair?

Step - haha, those drivers must have wondered what was going on

Brrr - getting paid to volunteer to help out with a race?  win/win/win!

OOTB - Have fun at the big box, bonus points for snapping pics of weirdos

Redrum - cool, it's always nice to get random encouragement on a training run.

MLR today, and a trip to the hardware store to get supplies for fixing up some things around the house that took beatings over the winter.

DavePNW

Pics Video or it didn't happen.

Hey, looks like someone captured it, and it's already gone viral.

Dave

LRB

lol

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Haha

I would sure bust my ass...

Haha, he's doing pretty well until going for the moonwalk.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Wow, that guy is pretty slick. He can really move on that thing.

- Andrew

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies. Well, er, afternoon, I guess!

4 miles for me today, easy pace, flat terrain. Knee is OK, slight ouch at the turnaround (out-back run) but nothing major. We'll see what the Ortho says tomorrow!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.3 miles for me this am.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey, looks like someone captured it, and it's already gone viral.

That's LRB, right?

Damaris

LRB

That's LRB, right?

I said I got them moves like Jagger, not those moves.  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

50 degrees!  Dang, Step, that's darn near freezing-temp in South Texas temperatures!    Congrats on your miles.  Funny about the wall squats...and a good way to scratch an itch on the back too.

Well, FreeSoul, turkeys are not exactly the smartest birds in the world, lol.  BEn Franklin once suggested the Turkey as our national bird.  I am SO glad that did not get approved.  Kinda hard to 'soar with turkeys'.         Good luck with your acclimatizing.

There was a point where I was daydreaming that I was dancing and actually almost stumbled because well, I busted a move or two in stride!  lol, LRB....you needed a pole to hang onto...

Marathon/HM/10k/5k/Kids Mile/Half Mile festivities....dang, Andrew, say that 3 times fast!  Happy volunteering and enjoy the festivities!

Hope you had a nice lunch with your mom,outoftheblue.

Scotty - getting a hair cut?  Why just one hair?  Well, Jay, I'm old..that's pretty much all I got left...

Congrats on your miles, slymoon, glad you had a nice, safe, uneventful run.

Dang, DaveP, if I tried that, I'd get dizzy as hell and go shooting right off that thing.

Glad your run went well, Tom.  Good luck at the ortho!   I get go go see mine next month.

Nice on the 10 miles, Marjorie.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Turkeys are tasty, but I would be embarrassed to live in a country with it as the state animal lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Hey guys!

Ran a "practice" 5K this morning with a girl from my school who is in Girls on the Run.  They have their goal race at the end of the month, and she picked me to be her running buddy and run it with her.  She ran the whole first lap, then pretty much alternated running and walking the rest of the way.  My goal was to get her talking a bit, since she's pretty shy, and to push her just a tad to run a bit more.  I got her to keep doing some run/walk towards the end after a bit of a walk break, and of course a big sprint to the finish with a big smile for the crowd that will be there. Smile

I don't know how to log it since I had my watch running the whole time, but I usually don't log any walking.  I mean, it's not a big deal since it's not a lot of miles, but I do want to be consistent.  Next time I will just push "lap" every time we change paces.  I don't know how much we actually ran.  Maybe like 1.25 miles?

After that, I finally had my trip to the GI doc.  I think I'm on the right track with some of the diet changes I've made recently, and he agreed.  He's running a few labs just to rule some things out, though.

Now I have the rest of the afternoon off, so I can either go out and get an afternoon run in, or join the group later on at the track.  The workout tonight is 200-400-600-800-600-400-200, which I've never tried before.  The email didn't specify pace, either, so I'm confused.  Just run the whole thing at I pace?  It seems like that would make at the very least that first 200 useless.  So should I run the shorter ones faster?  The recoveries for the shorter intervals are just 200m, so I pace would make more sense.