Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES are gonna get their feet wet (Read 29 times)

Cyberic

Snow is melting, so... yeah... wet feet!

Heading out in a few minutes.

LRB

Heading out in a few minutes.

I'll be joining you after I roll out...

LRB

I've only run twice this week for a grant total of 14 miles and only three times the past two weeks (18.4 miles). I was on pace to eclipse 2000 yearly miles for only the second time but now I might not make it at all.

We'll see what happens but I'm not going to fret about it. January begins the next base building period and that is more important than what happens between now and then.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight and I'll see whether I can run it outside as the cold front ends in an hour, bummer.  Hubby went out at 7am because it was 65F but I needed the extra sleep after all the hours I worked this week, so I missed the "cold" front.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning !

I did a 4:15 TrainerRoad workout.   It was the hardest 4 hours I've ever spent on a bike.  I survived, and feel pretty good about completing it.  I'm running in the morning.

Have a great day !

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

I've only run twice this week for a grant total of 14 miles and only three times the past two weeks (18.4 miles). I was on pace to eclipse 2000 yearly miles for only the second time but now I might not make it at all.

We'll see what happens but I'm not going to fret about it. January begins the next base building period and that is more important than what happens between now and then.

Body healing period, or motivation dump, or a bit of both?

I ran for 2 hours. In the snow/slush for the most part. My legs are feeling it. Which is a good thing. Numbers on the Garmin are less, but leg training is more.

From the Internet.

Morning! Running an easy hour sometime soon; planning for 12 easy tomorrow with friends. The child's soccer tournament was cancelled due to, you know, the fields being COVERED WITH SNOW, so my weekend is going to be a lot more relaxing now!

LRB

Body healing period, or motivation dump, or a bit of both?

I ran for 2 hours. In the snow/slush for the most part. My legs are feeling it. Which is a good thing. Numbers on the Garmin are less, but leg training is more.

It's essentially a break from the grind that has become a tradition. Some years it's voluntary and others it's involuntary, but it allows me a mental break from the pedal to the metal mentality of training January through June and August through October. July is the other month I take a break, it's also mental.

LRB

I ran 7. It was slow but I wasn't in any hurry.

onemile

I ran 7. It was slow but I wasn't in any hurry.

What's the rush?

sdWhiskers

5 easy. Slept in to 7am which was glorious.

LRB

What's the rush?

There wasn't. It's the beauty of running on weekend and off days. And I'm looking forward to 4 straight days of it beginning Thursday, then 11 straight between the holidays next month. WOOT!

Cyberic

There wasn't. It's the beauty of running on weekend and off days. And I'm looking forward to 4 straight days of it beginning Thursday, then 11 straight between the holidays next month. WOOT!

Joy, I tell you. Pure joy!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I didn't read my company's holiday schedule closely. After 17 years, I just assumed nothing changed. Turns out, since Christmas Eve & New Year'e Eve are Monday, we get the full day off instead of a half day. So for 24 hours of vacation, I get 11 days off. You better believe I'm taking that.

LRB

Joy, I tell you. Pure joy!

I originally planned to fly out to Cali, but then the stupid fires happened.