Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There is no fix as far as restoring the blood flow to the bone.  The toe joint can be surgically fused, or even partially removed to alleviate the arthritic pain of the joint ( the Dr said it just kinda flops around when you do the bone removal).  My pain isn't nearly to that point.  The dead bone causes the head of the bone to flatten.  It's arthritic, so will of course get progressively worse.  He wouldn't venture a prediction on a timeframe.

Steroids and anti- inflammatories can be a treatment for the inflammation.  Orthotics help some people.

I guess it's like running; an experiment of one.  I'm not planning on a large dose of stupidity, but I'm starting my experiment in the morning with a short jog.

Did he agree it was the necrosis?  Cause you're describing something like what I have (toe arthritis).  Now I'm freaking out.

Good luck with the run tomorrow!  Overall, it sounds like somewhat good news.  I thought you were going to say you couldn't run at all. Sad

And sorry, just got back from a training session for Active Shooter situations so running behind.  Now I have the need to carry my pair of scissors everywhere here, just in case.

Damaris

DavePNW

Eh, 5-8am is the highest dewpoint time in Florida.  Hello?

Yeah, I ran early AMs when I was there a couple weeks ago, just to avoid the sun, but the humidity was so oppressive. Still, not sure running in full sun would've been better. Also did not help that I was getting up at 5AM ET, when my body was still on PT. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, I ran early AMs when I was there a couple weeks ago, just to avoid the sun, but the humidity was so oppressive. Still, not sure running in full sun would've been better. Also did not help that I was getting up at 5AM ET, when my body was still on PT. 

That was basically why I used to run in feels like 99F at 6pm because it felt better than dewpoints of 80.  Now it's all fucked up morning to night, so I don't even try.  LOL.

Damaris

DavePNW

That was basically why I used to run in feels like 99F at 6pm because it felt better than dewpoints of 80.  Now it's all fucked up morning to night, so I don't even try just run on the treadmill.  LOL.

fyp

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

fyp

Well, yeah.  LOL.  That feels 10 times better than that shit.  Stop warming the planet, people!  I don't want to burst on fire between my house and the car one day.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Did he agree it was the necrosis?  Cause you're describing something like what I have (toe arthritis). 

From what the Dr said, yeah.  It's actually arthrosis in this case(i think), but that's it.  The damage is done.  He would only say that running probably made me notice it sooner , but they can't really say what causes it.  I've been consulting with Dr Google for the last hour, and he has conflicting opinions on it as well.

He is a sports med guy, and understood I was wanting to run.  He cleared me to do whatever I wanted, just suggested I try the shoe insert ( I ordered it in my size).  He said that I looked smart enough to know when it hurt.

I'm just glad to not have the floppy-toe yet Smile.

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

From what the Dr said, yeah.  It's actually arthrosis in this case(i think), but that's it.  The damage is done.  He would only say that running probably made me notice it sooner , but they can't really say what causes it.  I've been consulting with Dr Google for the last hour, and he has conflicting opinions on it as well.

He is a sports med guy, and understood I was wanting to run.  He cleared me to do whatever I wanted, just suggested I try the shoe insert ( I ordered it in my size).  He said that I looked smart enough to know when it hurt.

I'm just glad to not have the floppy-toe yet Smile.

Sounds good overall.  Hoping your run tomorrow goes well.

Damaris

DavePNW

Hoping your run tomorrow goes well.

+1. No one knows anything till you run on it. And then no one still knows anything till you run on it a week or a month or 6 months from now.

Dave

Runshortii

PR - That sucks there isn't much they can do about it. You'll have to let us know how your run goes.

I ran 8. Just wasn't feeling it. Not sure if it's because it was close to 70 and I'm not used to the temps yet, or if I'm still tired from Saturday

LRB

I ran 8. Just wasn't feeling it. Not sure if it's because it was close to 70 and I'm not used to the temps yet, or if I'm still tired from Saturday

Probably all of the above.

onemile

I ran 5. Just wasn't feeling it. Not sure if it's because it was close to 70 and I'm not used to the temps yet, or if I'm still tired from Saturday

all of this.

I was supposed to do 600/500/400/300/200 x3

but as soon as I started the warm up, I was like nope. Not today.

Baboon

delicate flower

24 miles on the bike, pedaling with some spunk today.  A rare ride these days where I wasn't fighting the wind.

<3

LRB

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who does that. lol

DavePNW

all of this.

Yeah.

I have 11 w/5x1200m @ 5k tomorrow. That's gonna be a laff riot in my current condition. If I get to HMP on the intervals, it will be a good day.

Dave

Cyberic

You're human! Or are you just acting like one to throw us off?

I ran a lil' short of 5, with a few strides.