Beginners and Beyond

Iris Eyes ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What do you mean pay for the mistake of another? Charging a nominal fee to change race distances after you have registered is pretty common, is it not?

I already paid for switching the distance and she made all the changes to my expected finish time by phone months ago.  They want me to pay in addition to that to put me in the correct corral.  That's the mistake made by another.  They have me with the 4 hour HMs and the 6 hour marathoners.  I am not even closer to DH's corral and I don't want us to start in the last corral either.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't even want to run the stupid race but I'm doing it with hubby and I'm not even in his corral.  Da fuk?

Damaris

LRB

I have not eaten lunch yet because I cannot think of anything I want to eat. 

Zelanie

Today it is going to be 100 degrees.  Our club is sponsoring a 5K this evening, so about 100 at start time.  They are going to go ahead with it, because the course is a loop that's never more than 1/2 mile from the start/finish, and they're mostly encouraging people to come, do as much or little as they want, then enjoy the party afterwards (it's connected to a local baseball game and includes tickets).  They're leaving the clock on, but not giving out any awards other than a raffle.  I'm probably doing to volunteer, but haven't heard specifics from the RD.

The run starts about an hour before the Thursday social run, and I haven't heard the specifics of that other than we never, ever, ever miss a week.    Anyway, I will probably run with or to the social run, but can't imagine doing more than 5 in those temps, so I ran 3.1 on the TM this morning to pad my miles.  This afternoon should be an adventure!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ham & cheese whole grain hot pockets......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ham & cheese whole grain hot pockets......

I think he meant a nutritional lunch.

Damaris

DavePNW

You mean because you want to eat everything, and can't narrow it down? For you, that's the only way I'd understand this.

Dave

onemile

That's the idea, isn't it? 

The MP for my 3:30 BQ goal time is 8:01. But if my actual goal is run Boston, I assume I really need to be 1:00-1:30 faster than that, over my typical actual marathon distance of 26.4. So I have been targeting ~7:55, and often end up a bit faster.

That said, last time I trained to ~8:00 and the race ended up at 8:25, so it's pretty academic.

Sounds logical to me 

DavePNW

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Bacon!!!!!!!!! or chocolate if you have a sweet tooth.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was going to say that, Dave!

Crap, I cannot even quote now.

Damaris

LRB

Bacon!!!!!!!!! or chocolate if you have a sweet tooth.

How about chocolate covered bacon and a peppermint milkshake. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hey now, that was the only damn thing I could come up with that didn't make me gag. I am so tired of eating, working out and running seem a lot easier than eating.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

You mean because you want to eat everything, and can't narrow it down? For you, that's the only way I'd understand this.

Nothing sounded yummy and inviting, which essentially made it a first world problem of the highest order.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yes, I am a kind of a 'klutz' runner, and yes I've had some 'adventures' - running off the S.A. Riverwalk and doing a splash-down into the river, running once into the flank of a police horse, running off a trail into the River Cam in Cambridge, England, getting knocked down by deer a few times - but on my run yesterday after work, this is the first time I've ever run into a hot dog...it was some guy in a hot dog costume advertising for some store or other..I was looking down at something while running, then looked up...and he was RIGHT there....BAM....Hot Dog and I collided...and we both got knocked down on our respective buns....good thing mine have a lot of padding...  No real harm done...although after I got back up I had to "mustard" up some energy and do some 'ketchup' to get back into the flow of my run and make up some time.

This morning I had a specialty appointment in New Braunfels (about 30 minutes from San Antonio) so after that I did a run/walk in the newest park recently opened in New Braunfels - Fischer Park.  It is VERY nice.  If you do the entire paved trail loop that goes around the park, it is 2.5 miles.  You can extend this by going onto the adjoining Memorial Trail, which goes for about 5 miles out one way and takes you through 'emergent wetlands" so you see all kinds of bird, plants, etc.   You can make your run even longer by winding through some of the very nice neighborhoods - with lots of wide roads - that are adjacent to the park.  The park has some high hills too, so atop of them you get a really nice view of the surrounding area. Pretty nice darn park.  This park also has a "Sprayground"...a playground area with water sprays,  a small 'water cannon' that shoots a spray of water, and a thing that lets out 'showering water" down on people...this water is all recycled and safe, so no water is wasted.  It's pretty cool, and VERY refreshing to stand under that shower thingy after a warm run.  There are also picnic pavilions, a regular playground, etc., so after my run I saw lots of families with picnic baskets in the pavilions and lots of kids having a blast in the Spraygrounds....two park employee lifeguards are also on duty too at the sprayground in case of any emergencies.  This park is definitely a keeper for future runs!   Might even be a good venue for some local races.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt