Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Reset (Read 35 times)

bluerun

Super B****

It would've helped if you put a description of the particulars in your log. 

Seriously, that's a really solid workout. Impressive. 👍

So they ARE ladders??  I have no idea WTF I was doing.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Zelanie

Summer doesn't seem to come to San Fran. It's way hotter up north.  So I am enjoying that while it lasts.

I did run the Golden Gate yesterday. It wasn't too crowded past the walkway close to the city. There were whales out in the water. I have to say that it was sort of terrifying. It was so windy and we were so high up. I didn't used to be scared of heights but I guess I am now.  My only photos from on the bridge were from way back from the rail and even then if I stopped running I felt like I needed to hold on to something. On the way back I saw a friend who I have been sightseeing with. She was going up to take a picture of the whales. I was like, no, I'm getting on to solid ground!

I am really glad I did it, but I guess I am a wimp!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Summer doesn't seem to come to San Fran. It's way hotter up north.  So I am enjoying that while it lasts.

I did run the Golden Gate yesterday. It wasn't too crowded past the walkway close to the city. There were whales out in the water. I have to say that it was sort of terrifying. It was so windy and we were so high up. I didn't used to be scared of heights but I guess I am now.  My only photos from on the bridge were from way back from the rail and even then if I stopped running I felt like I needed to hold on to something. On the way back I saw a friend who I have been sightseeing with. She was going up to take a picture of the whales. I was like, no, I'm getting on to solid ground!

Well, they did once call a high of 78F a heat wave, as I was heading that way for a race.  And at the start, people were whining about OMG, such humidity they should cancel the race.  Dewpoint of 60...

Damaris

LRB

So they ARE ladders??  I have no idea WTF I was doing.

Not to haggle over particulars but the workout itself was the ladder. The individual intervals were "rungs" if you will.

There are no rules for a ladder workout that I know of but they usually make some kind of sense. Yours looks totally fine.

GinnyinPA

Z - that was one of the things I disliked when I lived in SF - no summer. We wore long sleeves and sweaters year around.  When I went backpacking on the weekends, we'd cross the bay and all of a sudden the temperature would rise from the 60s to the 90s and it was such a relief to have summer feel like summer for a few days.

Zelanie

Zoe is home recovering from her knee surgery. She is doing well I hear.

onemile

I got some much needed comasleep last night.  I've got optional bike and swim today and don't know where or if I'll get to them.  It's a matter of motivation and right now my main goal is coffee.

When is your next big race?

LRB

Meanwhile, I took 72 thousand pics during my 3 mile jog on it. lol

I am petrified of heights, and most likely suffer from Acrophobia. But I had no issues with the bridge. It is so well built and solidly constructed that I didn't even think about any of that. It's too bad it got in your head. The sun, sights and view were awe-inspiring.

Zelanie

It was such a strange feeling. I knew in my head I was safe, but still couldn't shake it. I think it might have been a combo of the height and the wind.

My HR was crazy high the whole time, so maybe panic makes for good cardio?

Baboon

delicate flower

When is your next big race?

Sept 16 I've got a half iron at Niagara Falls. Then, three straight marathons before another big triathlon.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

It was such a strange feeling. I knew in my head I was safe, but still couldn't shake it. I think it might have been a combo of the height and the wind.

This can't be true -- I'd be in much better shape if it was!

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Not to haggle over particulars but the workout itself was the ladder. The individual intervals were "rungs" if you will.

There are no rules for a ladder workout that I know of but they usually make some kind of sense. Yours looks totally fine.

Some kind of sense individually, or some kind of sense within the context of a training plan?  Because if it's the latter, nope, I'm out.  (I'm just kidding.  But you know that, I assume.)

chasing the impossible

LRB

Some kind of sense individually, or some kind of sense within the context of a training plan?  Because if it's the latter, nope, I'm out.  (I'm just kidding.  But you know that, I assume.)

I used to love creating those workouts. There is a crazy one floating out there somewhere that climbed from 200 meters all the way up to 2400 meters then back down again. I've never done it but always wanted to.

LRB

If nothing else you were probably exhausted, and relieved when it was over!

DavePNW

Sept 16 I've got a half iron at Niagara Falls. Then, three straight marathons before another big triathlon.

wait, what?

Dave