Beginners and Beyond

Monday (Read 44 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Cool pics, D2T2!!  Looks muddy.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

I will walk a loop around my neighborhood - a little over a mile that might take me 30 minutes - and do a martial arts class at about 25% intensity.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice pics, Dave.  Looks tough.

Damaris

cjones1

7m easy under the sun, er I mean moon.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hello everyone, long time no see  

Last week was tough, but I managed to get 40.4 miles in, which was surprising considering my current circumstances.  Only 6.2 of that was without Dorian.  Let me tell you, pushing a nearly 40 lb kid in a 25 lb stroller for 8 miles is tough as hell, I think 15-20 miles by myself is easier. But I did it, and hopefully there are benefits to pushing a stroller.

Gonna try and stay near 40 miles this week, I've got the Evansville Half Marathon this Saturday, so I want to be a little fresh.

Toodle loo

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Hello everyone, long time no see  

Last week was tough, but I managed to get 40.4 miles in, which was surprising considering my current circumstances.  Only 6.2 of that was without Dorian.  Let me tell you, pushing a nearly 40 lb kid in a 25 lb stroller for 8 miles is tough as hell, I think 15-20 miles by myself is easier. But I did it, and hopefully there are benefits to pushing a stroller.

Gonna try and stay near 40 miles this week, I've got the Evansville Half Marathon this Saturday, so I want to be a little fresh.

Toodle loo

Have you considered getting a treadmill?  That way you could switch off so you don't always have to push the stroller.

Mmmmm...beer

Andrea, glad to hear you're still getting some good miles in.  Those stroller runs will definitely help!

Here's a lil before/after shot lol  We placed 7th overall, not bad for a bunch of old guys (all of us are 40+).  It was definitely tough, I'm still a lil sore. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Dave,

Great photos!  Looks like something that I will never want to do- glad you picked one that didn't include electrocution or something silly.

RD here as well. Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Have you considered getting a treadmill?  That way you could switch off so you don't always have to push the stroller.

No room  otherwise I would.

Thanks Dave, I will be pushing him quite a bit.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Dave,

Great photos!  Looks like something that I will never want to do- glad you picked one that didn't include electrocution or something silly.

RD here as well. Smile

I'm all for a challenge, but yeah, I don't want anything to do with electricity, fire, or any of that other crap!  lol

-Dave

My running blog

Mmmmm...beer

Soooooo, as I mentioned in Shari's RR, I think I'm talking myself into doing a 100 miler next June at the Without Limits Series.  I did the 50k this year (2nd OA), great race, nice course, great support, etc., etc.  This year they only had the 50k and 100 mile options, they're bringing in a 50 mile option for next year, but I'm thinking of just doing the 100 miler.  I'll have my next 50k in Dec, my marathon in March, then the 100 miler in June.  Have I officially lost my mind? 

-Dave

My running blog

StepbyStep-SH

Soooooo, as I mentioned in Shari's RR, I think I'm talking myself into doing a 100 miler next June at the Without Limits Series.  I did the 50k this year (2nd OA), great race, nice course, great support, etc., etc.  This year they only had the 50k and 100 mile options, they're bringing in a 50 mile option for next year, but I'm thinking of just doing the 100 miler.  I'll have my next 50k in Dec, my marathon in March, then the 100 miler in June.  Have I officially lost my mind? 

Haven't we all? Go for it!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

Have I officially lost my mind? 

Do I really have to answer that?

LRB

Have I officially lost my mind? 

Non-runners think the same thing when I run 7, so it's all relative.

Nice pics and it's refreshing that you are having so much fun!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You are asking the wrong crowd!

Damaris