Beginners and Beyond

Shout it out WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

happylily

Yeah because when he is running, he hardly spends any time on the forums.

In any case I believe this was a previously announced self-imposed week off prior to starting MT.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Morning, all! Glorious 60* this morning - felt fabulous! And the national weather service says next week should be cooler than usual temps - maybe not great for those who like to spend July at the pool, but for me as a runner, and for all the people who will be showing livestock at the county fair next week, you couldn't ask for a better forecast.

10.13 miles this morning at easy pace. I had forgotten how quickly Pfitz demands double-digit midweek runs. Perhaps that was the reason I left him for a while to create my own training plans.

Which plan are you doing, Shari? I miss Pfitz already... And I agree with you regarding the weather. If it only could be around 70F all year round I would be in weather heaven. No more of that two extremes crap.

StepbyStep-SH

Which plan are you doing, Shari? I miss Pfitz already... And I agree with you regarding the weather. If it only could be around 70F all year round I would be in weather heaven. No more of that two extremes crap.

I'm doing 18/55 plus. I add a recovery run on his second rest day and sometimes bump the distance on the shortest runs to peak around 60-65, instead of just 55.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

I miss Pfitz already

What do you miss about Pfitz? Just the familiarity, or something specific?

Dave

LRB

In any case I believe this was a previously announced self-imposed week off prior to starting MT.

Yeah I have only mentioned it twenty-two times already. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah because when he is running, he hardly spends any time on the forums.

I must have missed it.  And LOL.

Damaris

DavePNW

I must have missed it.  

Inevitable risk of trying to keep up with 72 different forums & user groups....

Dave

happylily

What do you miss about Pfitz? Just the familiarity, or something specific?

I guess it really is the familiarity. But so far I don't like having to run 10 miles immediately the day after my Sunday's LR. Also, I find Hanson is encouraging me to run my easy runs much easier than I'm used to (which I really dislike), but he has few real recovery runs like Pfitz has (Pfitz usually will have 2x6 miles at recovery pace, which I liked after my harder workouts). The Hansons recovery runs I did see are at least 8 miles, which is way too long for me. I'd rather hit my head repeatedly on a wall than run 8 miles or longer at true recovery pace. But I am only in week 4 of 20 of Hanson and I haven't really looked at the rest of the plan (I'm a take it as it comes kind of runner. Not much into extreme planning of things), so maybe I will change my mind later. Anyway, I think I was due for a change...

happylily

I'm doing 18/55 plus. I add a recovery run on his second rest day and sometimes bump the distance on the shortest runs to peak around 60-65, instead of just 55.

You certainly have the experience for a well-padded 18/55 plan. You'll do great on it.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! I brought DD to a little park festival last night. She had fun in the bounce house and going down the slide. I tried my hand at Montezuma's revenge by going across the monkey bars. I made it fine, but at the end I smacked my shin in to something quite solid. It's very tender there right now, but it doesn't effect my running or walking.

Speaking of running, today was a heck of a workout. I'll cut and paste from my log.

1E + 5x (1T + 1 min E) + 4x (200R + 200 jg) + 1E

Tempo miles were: 7:34, 7:33, 7:32: 7:43 and 7:31. Fourth one was long because I needed to wait for a car. Lost about 10 seconds. Goal was 7:33

Rep intervals were: 50, 49, 50, 48. Goal was 48.

In total it was 8.67 miles at an 8:05 avg pace. Also did a 30 second plank for Day 3 of the 30 day challenge.

- Andrew

DavePNW

I'd rather you were a couple hundred miles up on me and running healthy.

You & me both!

I am so itching to get back on the horse. I have been sticking to running only 2 of every 3 days, and feeling OK. Either this means I am ready to step it up, or it means the limited schedule is what is keeping me healthy. One of these two things. 

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Speaking of running, today was a heck of a workout. I'll cut and paste from my log.

1E + 5x (1T + 1 min E) + 4x (200R + 200 jg) + 1E

I am guessing some folks here know WTF this means?

<3

DavePNW

I tried my hand at Montezuma's revenge by going across the monkey bars.

Um, what does this term mean to you?

Dave

DavePNW

Well I first thought he was deriving some thermodynamic equations. Then I sort of figured it out, assuming it is Daniels-related.

Dave

LRB

Yes, that's whole hearted yumminess, you know, like grits and eggs. 

And next time Drew hit the pause button man!