Beginners and Beyond

12/31 dailies! (Read 27 times)

delicate flower

WAKE.

UP.

What's everyone got planned today?  It's a ski day for me, and perhaps some treadmill later.

Everyone be safe tonight.  Call me if you need a ride. I'll be asleep by 9:30, so call early.

<3

LRB

Today would've been only the second time since 2011 that I wasn't injured and able to run the NYE 5k on Belle Isle. It's a super duper flat course (a new term I've come up with after running in Boston, Indianapolis and Sacramento this year) and the weather will be perfect. Annnnnd I'm injured! 👎

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Going to try to hang in for at least 5 miles so I can reach 100 for the month.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

In other news, I ate and drank like I ran a marathon yesterday! If nothing else, I'll need to go on a one day diet today. lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

4 miles of awesomeness w/ 10xThankyoujesus.  I'll probably develop hip dysplasia for being so happy and optimistic.

Have a safe and fun night folks! I'm going to try to make it until 8pm or so.  Seriously.

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Heading to my parents' house for the delayed Christmas dinner. With being off this week, football is really confusing me. If you're gonna call them the New Years' 6, IDK, but that kinda implies the games are played on NEW YEARS DAY. Not Dec 30 and 31.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Took a Zyrtec last night for the congestion and woke up feeling like a zombie.  Which is why I don't take them anymore, gah.  I have 10 miles tonight, and not sure if I want to do 6/4 (double) or all at once.  I figure once I eat breakfast my brain will work and tell me the answer.

Damaris

No more marathons

I'm going to run the 4 miles that I was supposed to run yesterday but didn't because I was resting from the 10 miles I ran on Thursday that I was supposed to run today but wanted to be a bit rested for a track mile tomorrow morning at 7:30.

Got that?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I'm going to run the 4 miles that I was supposed to run yesterday but didn't because I was resting from the 10 miles I ran on Thursday that I was supposed to run today but wanted to be a bit rested for a track mile tomorrow morning at 7:30.

Got that?

lol

No more marathons

Morning.  Took a Zyrtec last night for the congestion and woke up feeling like a zombie.  Which is why I don't take them anymore, gah.  I have 10 miles tonight, and not sure if I want to do 6/4 (double) or all at once.  I figure once I eat breakfast my brain will work and tell me the answer.

Wait - you're going to end up 5 miles under your goal for the year?

I might be able to do that, but didn't think you could.  Smile

He's a leaker!

LRB

I vote one run. So let it be written, so let it be done.

LRB

Rest day. Heading to my parents' house for the delayed Christmas dinner. With being off this week, football is really confusing me. If you're gonna call them the New Years' 6, IDK, but that kinda implies the games are played on NEW YEARS DAY. Not Dec 30 and 31.

Tough end to the year for big blue. That kickoff return to set up the game winning score was a dagger.

Anyway, hopefully we'll hear less about the coach during the off season, and more about the team.

LRB

4 miles of awesomeness w/ 10xThankyoujesus.  I'll probably develop hip dysplasia for being so happy and optimistic.

lol

It's good to see you back at it bro.

No more marathons

lol

Thank you, thank you.  I'll be here all week.

He's a leaker!

LRB

I'll be asleep by 9:30, so call early.

I've been there!

I didn't register for a marathon at midnight last New Year's Eve for the first time in three years and that streak will extend to 2 years tonight.

As far as future marathons go, barring a miracle, I will likely pass on the opportunity to torture myself again this year. The NYCM is really the only one out there that I want to run, so I'm going to spend the year trying to get into shape to qualify for it.