Beginners and Beyond

July 2016 Race Thread (Read 23 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

07/04 LRB - Firecracker Mile

07/17 Docket_Rocket - RnR Chicago Half Marathon

07/17 Lauren710 - Level Renner 10K

07/17 Baboon - Litchfield Hills Olympic Triathlon (1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run)

07/23 Lauren710 - Run With the Beavers Trail 10 Miler

07/24 Lurch - Tijuana Half Marathon

Damaris

From the Internet.

07/17 Lauren710 - Level Renner 10K

07/23 Lauren710 - Run With the Beavers Trail 10 miler

delicate flower

7/17  Baboon - Litchfield Hills Olympic Triathlon (1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run)

I've done the duathlon the last three years but am stepping up to the triathlon this year, per coach's orders.  I think I'd have a shot at winning the duathlon, but I gotta do what I'm told.

<3

LRB

7/17  Baboon - Litchfield Hills Olympic Triathlon (1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run)

I've done the duathlon the last three years but am stepping up to the triathlon this year, per coach's orders.  I think I'd have a shot at winning the duathlon, but I gotta do what I'm told.

That blows. Your coach has no soul.

LRB

If the conditions lend themselves to it, I might actually try to race a few times in July (I mean actually race, not experimenting or any of the other nonsense I've been resigned to doing since my DNF last fall).

We'll see...

delicate flower

That blows. Your coach has no soul.

Heh.  Well in his defense, I told him I wanted to do the duathlon but would do the triathlon if it was better for training.  So I go from having a shot at winning to having no shot at AG placement.

<3

onemile

(I mean actually race, not experimenting or any of the other nonsense I've been resigned to doing since my DNF last fall).

What does this mean?  Experimenting?

LRB

What does this mean?  Experimenting?

I have run three 5ks this year but I haven't actually raced one at 5k effort since August. That is mostly because I was either testing an injury, measuring my fitness or recovering from a stupid marathon...among other things (like getting my head right).

onemile

I have run three 5ks this year but I haven't actually raced one at 5k effort since August. That is mostly because I was either testing an injury, measuring my fitness or recovering from a stupid marathon...among other things (like getting my head right).

How do you measure your fitness if you're not running it at 5k effort?

LRB

How do you measure your fitness if you're not running it at 5k effort?

Fitness as it relates to returning from injury.

• Does it aggravate it to run 3 miles at MP.
                      • What about 3 miles at HMP.
                      • How did the injury feel the next day when you did.
                      • Could you have pushed harder.
                      • Does racing faster seem plausible. 

Fitness as it relates to 5k effort is another thing all together, I haven't even attempted it. That is where I am now, ready to try. 

onemile

Fitness as it relates to returning from injury.

• Does it aggravate it to run 3 miles at MP.
                        • What about 3 miles at HMP.
                        • How did the injury feel the next day when you did.
                        • Could you have pushed harder.
                        • Does racing faster seem plausible. 

Fitness as it relates to 5k effort is another thing all together, I haven't even attempted it. That is where I am now, ready to try. 

Ah, okay. I just wondered. glad you are ready to try racing again. Smile

delicate flower

07/24 Lurch - Tijuana Half Marathon

This sounds dangerous but delicious.

<3

LRB

Ah, okay. I just wondered. glad you are ready to try racing again. Smile

And I'm not overly concerned with the temperatures, I just want to race. I don't even know who I am anymore. 

Cyberic

If the conditions lend themselves to it, I might actually try to race a few times in July (I mean actually race, not experimenting or any of the other nonsense I've been resigned to doing since my DNF last fall).

We'll see...

That is good news. You've had us waiting for long enough.

bluerun

Super B****

I could list the races I'm planning to run in July, but since A. I haven't registered for any of them yet and B. I am paranoid about jinxing myself... I won't.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog