Beginners and Beyond

French Fried Fridailies (Read 51 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

That's right, I'm craving the grease.

Happy Friday everyone.  I swear it feels like I slept a grand total of 17 minutes last night.  I think that will be the last time I go out for frozen yogurt prior to bed.  It's irrational to blame frozen yogurt, right?  Still, that was the only change to my routine, so that's what I claiming.

I have a pretty busy day, so while rolling out of bed wasn't fun, it was probably my best chance for a decent run.  I'm meeting one of the girls from the group for something like an easy 8.  We'll see if I can talk her into a hilly route because that's kinda what I'm in the mood for.

It appears as though our little images are back today...sure sign of progress.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Supp yo!

Gonna run easy for a bit, later.

delicate flower

HEY, it's FRIDAY in case you didn't notice!  You know what that means!  It's homemade pizza night!

Well last night I enjoyed watching the wife in her second triathlon.  She did great!  She won't say too much about it in the dailies though since she's not an internet babbler like I am.  My "support crew" skills need work though...it was two lap bike course and I missed her the first time she flew by thus no pics, then my battery camera died so the only pics I got were crappy cell phone pics.  Oh well.   Wife done good though.  Smile

I'm planning 7 easy miles after work, then maybe a few more tomorrow.  I need to keep the legs fresh for the BAA 10K Sunday.  Looking forward to that!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I am not sure if I will run tonight but I am itching to.  My stomach is ready but I'm too starved and dehydrated still, so I might take each day at a time.  I am looking forward to sleeping in without being sick, because nobody can rest when you sleep for 20 hours while your stomach is trying to kill you.

SIAR, sorry about the sleep.  Hope tonight it gets better.

LRB, enjoy the easy run.

Baboon, pizza, yum.  Enjoy the run!  How's the knee doing?

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

I decided to do my run after work today. Fridays I get done at 3:30, so I could sleep in a little this morning, and still have daylight and energy after work to do it.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

Good morning. Heading out for 8 early miles.

delicate flower

Baboon, pizza, yum.  Enjoy the run!  How's the knee doing?

Better than I could have possibly hoped, thanks for asking.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good to know.

Better than I could have possibly hoped, thanks for asking.

kristin, good luck this weekend!  And say high to bluerun if you see her!

B-Plus, enjoy the 8.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! I put in a whopping 2 miles today. Although it is the day before a HM, so I wanted to keep it light. Heading out to Grandma's shortly. Hopefully the humidity and rain stay away.

- Andrew

Hip Redux

Happy friday!  BAA 10k this weekend, totally excited about that.

I have been so distracted with the job stuff that my stomach has been a wreck.  My 4 mile run was cut short last night because I felt like I was going to puke, so only 2.5 miles done.     Ugh, I don't deal with stress well!

Dr. Cornsitter

It's been a long stressful day.....wait, it's only 9am? Fuck. Well, I plan to get out and do about 5 hilly miles after work. The hill poll got me wanting to tackle hills. Maybe if I can do that, this whole fucking day won't be a waste.

If not, I'll just drink. It is Friday after all Big grin

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks! I am so pumped to run into that endzone with my dad! Yes, bluerun will be there too..she will also be at my 4th of July race but she is running the 5K nd I am running thw 10K (they have different start times)... I am bound to run into her at some point!

Good to know.

kristin, good luck this weekend!  And say high to bluerun if you see her!

B-Plus, enjoy the 8.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

BruceD555

I've been slammed busy with work so haven't posted much lately in the dailies. The good news is the busyness kept TaperBruce at bay this time around. Today is a travel day to drive up to Duluth and I'll do some sort of shakeout run at some point. Tomorrow is Grandma's marathon and the forecast calls for 45% thunderstorms, about 55 degrees at race time and a tailwind of 9-16 mph ... should be a good day for racing as long as I don't get struck by lightening or get chafed too badly.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Bruce (and TaperBruce!)

Damaris