Beginners and Beyond

Feels like fall FriDAILIES (Read 48 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

And it's Friday the 13th. I'll focus on the "feels like fall" part - 47* here this morning, so I pulled out my arm warmers just because I can. Planning on 5-6 miles nice and easy, followed by oatmeal and homemade peach applesauce for breakfast.

I also get to go pick up my "new" car today - fingers crossed that this repair worked and we are good to go for a while. Having to deal with repairs the day you buy a vehicle takes a lot of the fun out it.

Have a great day, runners!

LRB

What up doe!

Heading out in a bit for something easy, most of which will be run in the dark (I still cannot believe I do that now).  It is 54 degrees, and it will be nice to come home from a run in clothes that are not sopping wet.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 miles done (don't ask me to wake up this early ever again!).  More tonight.

Damaris

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Happy Friday the 13th! I am excited about my run last night. 5.02 miles @ 7:38 pace with a fast finish last mile @ 6:47 pace. I am starting to get my speed back. The hip is healing slowly but it is healing. I have 10 miles scheduled for today. Temps in the 50's? It was just in the 90's two days ago!

TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
            1 Interval 1 mi 8:25.94 8:25.94 8:26      
            2 Interval 1 mi 7:58.56 16:24.50 7:59      
            3 Interval 1 mi 7:40.54 24:05.04 7:41      
            4 Interval 1 mi 7:21.33 31:26.37 7:22      
            5 Interval 1 mi 6:47.16 38:13.53 6:48      
            6 Interval 0.02 mi 0:05.18 38:18.71 4:19      

Good morning Step, LRB, and Docket!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Friday!!!!

It does not feel like fall. It feels like late summer - 70 degrees and pretty humid this morning. But decent enough for a nice pre-dawn 5 mile run in the darkness. Legs seem to be coming back nicely after the HM last Sunday.

Have a good one, y'all!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

My legs loved the weather this morning - 5.41 at 9:40 overall pace. One of my "zippier" runs lately. The sky was very clear and Orion looked ready to jump down out of the sky.

Baboon

delicate flower

Listen up now it's Friday so act accordingly!  I went to the gym early this morning for a pre-race day treadmill shakeout.  It was pouring at 5:30 AM and I don't roll like that.  The nice weather forecast for tomorrow has actually improved.  Big grin  The dew point and humidity has dropped a bit.  I'll take it!

Today has all the makings of a quiet day in the office.  Rock n roll.

WHAT UP, SCHNAUZER!   

<3

Hip Redux

PT lady wants no back-to-back runs for now, so I had to skip last night and I just did my therapy exercises.  On the positive side, the weather will be better today for a run.  I have some videos of my form (details in the injury thread if you're really curious) and I need to work on pulling my left leg through and not swinging it through the hip.   I don't know about you, but I do better running when I DON'T need to think about things.  Should be interesting.

I have four meetings at work, one of which is at 4:30.   Are you kidding me.    Oy.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!!

I think I ran through about a dozen spider webs this morning, I am officially a kung-fu master! Smile

It was a little cooler this morning, dewpoint is 69*, not exactly fall yet, but I'll take it.  Should be in the low 60s for my long run tomorrow, woohoo!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Apparently, I didn't read the title.  Still Summer, thank you.

Pissed off at the boss because he almost yelled at me because my phone was not on forward while I worked from home.  Except it was.  He went to my office to prove it was not and realized it was.

I think everybody at the office has heard me bitching about it today.

Damaris

Hip Redux

I think I ran through about a dozen spider webs this morning, I am officially a kung-fu master! Smile

Were you running in my grandmother's basement?

URD. Again. Even though my fever has broken, I still have the trots:/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

URD. Again. Even though my fever has broken, I still have the trots:/

Bah.  Feel better soon.  No sense in running while this sick.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A beautiful 63 degrees this morning at 5:40, no humidity... I love this weather so much. I got my 5.1 miles in this morning, it felt great and I might have to go for 2 mile run tonight in the woods just because I feel so frisky, today's high won't even reach 70!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)